Fallout 2 mod Fallout et tu - Release v1.10

Maybe a dumb question but for some reason I have no map background when initiating dialogue with someone, the whole background around the dialogue window is just black. In Fallout 2 I dont have this problem. Is there some option in the inis I overlooked or is this supposed to be like that in Et Tu?

Just a heads up, the vault boy icon for the long haired appearence incorrectly displays the vanilla vault boy.
Looks like something broke in the .dat file... I had to unpack and repack it to fix the issue.
Dunno what went wrong with the appearance DAT's, but I tested them after inserting the german language files. The correct frame is in there, but yea, the Char Editor was not showing Long Hair Dude Style, huh... must've missed that somehow ^^"

Another time i changed something, this time the ammo there is a ammo type 40.cal that isnt use, my question was this a cut ammo for cut weapons?

Thanks, that fixed the background dialogues. Anyway, I noticed another problem. I cant recruit any companions. All the companions act like my party is full or something but there isn't anyone in my party. Or is this a Charisma 1 thing? I hope having Charisma 1 doesn't lock me out of all companions. Dogmeat did join but only because he automatically started to follow me. After I let him wait somewhere and came back, he now also acts like my party is full. Guess I have to solo this run with melee build lmao.

This is where the Fallout 2 system is used:
1 companion = 2 charisma. 2 companions = 4 charisma.
Dogmeat can join, if you wear a black jacket or feed him.
Try to eat mentats. At the beginning you need to attach the companions, and then the dog. (so the largest number of companions should join)

Last edited:
This is where the Fallout 2 system is used:
1 companion = 2 charisma. 2 companions = 4 charisma.
Dogmeat can join, if you wear a black jacket or feed him.
Try to eat mentats. At the beginning you need to attach the companions, and then the dog. (so the largest number of companions should join)

But some companions dont join you if you have bad karma.

Or just set GVAR_ENABLE_FO2_PARTY_LIMIT in fo1_settings.ini file to 0 to disable this feature and keep charisma as a lame dumb stat.

Ah ok, thought so. I actually didnt mind having no companions. At least nobody got in my way. Was able to 1-2 hit super mutants with my mega power fist unarmed build anyway and the hardened power armor did the rest. Just finished my playthrough. Guess I didnt notice any bugs. Really cool mod!

Now I replay Fallout 2 and noticed already one difference which actually is annoying. Doors dont open automatically. Is this a Et Tu feature and implementable into FO2? I am playing Fallout 2 with Unofficial Patch and latest Sfall. Doesn't seem to be part of Sfall or I overlooked the ini entry...

Now I replay Fallout 2 and noticed already one difference which actually is annoying. Doors dont open automatically. Is this a Et Tu feature and implementable into FO2? I am playing Fallout 2 with Unofficial Patch and latest Sfall. Doesn't seem to be part of Sfall or I overlooked the ini entry...
It's the gl_autodoor.int script in the modders pack.

I don’t quite understand. There is no SAVEGAME folder in the fo1_base folder? Sorry to bother you with this, I looked in the readme but couldn’t find any info on it.
You can use F12se editor with this mod. No additional manipulation is required. Specify the path to the et_tu folder and enter fallout2.exe\cfg
ett.png

Depends on what they do, probably not going to work.

You can change the used damage formula in the ddraw.ini file, though.

Back