Fallout 2 mod Fallout et tu - Release v1.10

couldn't arse myself for another playthrough, as i rarely save in necropolis it's just the chip and the bike. way too little to do in this town to bother.

As for Military Base lvl 4 freeze, I already mentioned I have a save.

Just be prepared to modify ddraw.ini if you ant to moove.
as for sfall i tend to stick with vanilla and extended to where they originally belong so Et Tu and RPU with vanilla and Nevada & Sonora with Extended. the only difference from original i made for Et Tu is that i used gl_sfall-mods.int from extended as it has one neat feature the vanilla is mising. namely the UsePartySkills=1 where one can order party NPCs around to do stuff for the player if player has lower skill than any NPC in party. i.e. Lockpick, Repair, Doctor, FA, and Science etc. can be used off dialog for the purpose of skill checks, this is so neat it should be standard sfall feature. especially it's only a global script.

EDIT:
also about the ddraw.iini change...
be prepared to set InvSize=5/2kkk
otherwise you may be stuck in place... yes i know i'm a hoarder.

Attachments

So how exactly do you trigger it to freeze? I'm walking around there right now, destroyed 2 force fields, and nothing happens.

/Edit: One problem is that because your character is cheated so much it's very hard to figure out if the issues you reported are because of something in the game, or because of the cheats. It really could be anything right now.

The Garret thing for example is really weird, because I haven't touched his move-code at all. Whatever makes him not walk to the fridge now ... must have been there already before.

Last edited:
I wouldn't call it highly cheated... the only thing i did is nirran's rapid perks for virtually unliminted perk windows, and unlocked level cap + pumped some exp via debug menu. SPECIAL is untouched.
though it's not my fault that when one enables Lorri CHA operation, Patrick the Celt still does his thing (and thus one can get +2CHA in single playthrough) rest is just BoS operations and clever SPECIAL choice during character creation.

Nothing too fancy I'd say.

anyway just to make You calmer, I haven't edited the saves in any way..

EDIT:
as for the freezes try to blow up forcefields and kill the robots.. it usually happened right after one or the other or both.

Or better Yet If You manage to kill all enemies in that level, and do not get a freeze, let me know, I'll start to look around , perhaps some mods are scerwing things up.

Last edited:
Btw. about Garret - did you have low intelligence when talking to Set? Because I see in the script that this will trigger a different reward mechanic which does not involve Garret to walk to the fridge. You would talk to Garret and he just dumps lots of items on you - lots of energy cells, ammo, grenades, etc.

/edit: I just see that this is not limited to dumb dude. You get it if you have killed the Master before talking to Set.

thing is One should get it *always*, once after killing the Master, no matter the state of affairs with set (except if attacked or killed but regardless of the state of the quest he gives). and He aslso sepose to send Garet to the fridge both times after wasteing watershed mutants and after telling him that player killed the Master. so I see no reason why he doesn't do it. the only option Garret goes to fridge once is if player tells Set He killed the master *before* completeing or accepting his quest. after telling Set that the master is dead, no quest reward, as Set seposedly shares all fridge contents.

I wouldn't call 200 MFC "a lot" ( perhaps in Set's standard it is "a lot")
but 200MFC + other loot is what Per's guide states

He is not sending Garret to the fridge the second time. There is no code for that - you talk to Garret and he will give you the items. So that's not a bug. I also don't see it as necessary to send Garret to the fridge again.

I wouldn't call it highly cheated...
You have 999hp, 12 AP, 6 AP for movement ... even Lou was running away like a little bitch. :D

Just exterminated everything on that level. No crash, see savegame attached.

PS: I don't understand how you can bear scrolling through that inventory. It would drive me insane.
Thanks to the bags in Fo1 I usually don't have to scroll in my inventory at all. All the small items and drugs, etc. are stored inside a bag and thus they will never bother me until I need them (I hate that bag items aren't available in Fo2).

Attachments

Last edited:
He is not sending Garret to the fridge the second time. There is no code for that - you talk to Garret and he will give you the items. So that's not a bug. I also don't see it as necessary to send Garret to the fridge again.

You have 999hp, 12 AP, 6 AP for movement ... even Lou was running away like a little bitch. :D

Just exterminated everything on that level. No crash, see savegame attached.

PS: I don't understand how you can bear scrolling through that inventory. It would drive me insane.
Thanks to the bags in Fo1 I usually don't have to scroll in my inventory at all. All the small items and drugs, etc. are stored inside a bag and thus they will never bother me until I need them (I hate that bag items aren't available in Fo2).

:facepalm:
Lexx the fact that Lou runs away is not because of action points but because of too low chance to hit... it only shows how flawed is this game. that having 10AG +HPA +2x Dodger causes Lou to have so low chances of hitting that he quits <hahaha> that's bad game design.

anyways My scroll wheel and arrow keys seem to work just fine scrolling through inventory.

on the other hand I just InvSize=5 InvSizeLimit2kkk problem solved
i never understood the purpose of theese damn bags i always thought they should add more carry weight like backpacks and pouch bags.

EDIT: have you noticed which level i was?

EDIT#2:
well sometimes i do miss Mr.Stalin's inventory filter mod in ET Tu. add in that and throw theese bags to where they belong (nearest trashcan).

Last edited:
You can just install the inventory filter mod by yourself, it's 100% compatible.

Never said Lou runs away because of your action points.

Never said anything about your scroll wheel either.

And yes, I've noticed your level. You either grind like a madman or it's cheated up. Either way, I don't really care about it. Folks can play the game however they want. You just have to keep in mind that such environments are hard for me to debug.

i never understood the purpose of theese damn bags i always thought they should add more carry weight like backpacks and pouch bags.
Well I guess their purpose is the way I am using them. Someone in the dev team must have thought that scrolling through the inventory is annoying and now there we are.

Wasnt there a bag in Modoc with close to a Molerat? The backpack was not in iirc
They probably kept it in by accident. :>
Also back then bags were still buggy, so I'm not blaming BI for just removing them.

Last edited:
Good evening, there is possibly a bug involving the radio in the military installation. I've used one found somewhere 'else' and it could
be used to hook up to the force field generator, however, using it does nothing. Deceicing the base also only works with the radios found
on the mutants outside, not on any other arbitrary radio, despite them having the same name. Could it be that the radios on the mutants are actually "unique" items internally that share the same name with the generic radio?

Last edited:
Yes, right now only the radio from the Hub deathclaw cave works. The bug is fixed already but not yet available in v1.4

You could download the latest files from the repo and replace yours with it (at least the proto files). After that it should (probably) work. In worst case you'll have to buy a new radio item.

Ah, I've checked the thread but didn't see anyone mention a possible bug involving the radio. Thanks for the quick fix!

Found the bug by pure accident one day before you reported it. I never noticed it before, because apparently the deathclaw cave is, in all my many playthroughs, the one and only place where I've ever picked up a radio item.

Was able to fix lots of other (mostly minor) issues in the past days, so v1.5 will probably come already in the beginning of next month. Some of these issues are just polishing, some are new bugs that I've found in vanilla Fo1 ... Funny how after all the time I *still* find issues in vanilla Fo1.

What an odd co-incidence. I've been trying to make sense of your commit that does contain the fix, it will take some time to get into it all.
Edit: radiocom.ssl did require a complete re-write I reckon?

On a side note, there is a physics textbook series from 1963, the Feynman Lectures on Physics, which are still in press.
They are *STILL* publishing corrections for that one.
Everything is destined to be buggy forever, it seems. Even after almost 60 years of debugging. :)

Last edited:
Radiocom.ssl is just moved to a different folder. The file itself has nothing to do with the radio item, also I'm almost sure the script is unused (however, from the dialog file it seems to belong to Mariposa, which is why I moved it).

The only thing I changed was adding the radio.int script to the radio proto - the script was removed from the item in Fo2 because it wasn't needed.

Sorry if this has already been asked but the search function of this site isn't very reliable and going through every post is tiresome, is there a way to update Et Tu without having to reinstall both games again? There are instructions to install the mod but not to update already installed versions on the GitHub.

You can just overwrite the existing files (everything from /mods/.../).

Though it's probably best to delete the mod folder first because there could be leftover files from old versions.
In any case, savegame are likely compatible.

You can just overwrite the existing files (everything from /mods/.../).

Though it's probably best to delete the mod folder first because there could be leftover files from old versions.
In any case, savegame are likely compatible.

@Lexx
I think what the guy above is trying to say there's no comprehensive guide on how to make it run on tortoise.svn

On a side note the old 'Et Tu' versions shoud be wiped from tortoise downloads.. as of now the whole Fallout Et Tu folder downloaded via tortise.svn is like 60GB yikes!

Also I gave a thumb-up to your post in reddit about some guy making sfall-ish tool for fallout1 supporting DX12. You should make a hint somwhere that all NMA should do the same if your post is to be noticed. (actually i did wrote him too a day later, however I haven't saw your post there then).

Last edited:
Fallout Et Tu folder downloaded via tortise.svn is like 60GB yikes!

Note that it includes files which are not part of repository:
- Fallout2/critter.dat + master.dat 476mb (from Fallout2)
- Fallout2/Fallout1in2/data/art/ 268mb (from Fallout1)
- Fallout2/Fallout1in2/data/sound/speech/ 105mb (from Fallout1)
- Tools/.../ 224mb (random stuff)
- whatever else game itself creates (saves, etc)

Even with all that, i'm still nowhere near 60gb, or even 6 for that matter... That's what you get when trying to use SVN with GIT repo :7

I didn't use SVN for ages now, but i think it keeps tagged revisions as a simple copy of whole repo content on disk. Plus, we have one unused branch which is, again, a copy of repo content at the time branch was created.

60gb for a single repo is an absurd, so unless you installed FNV in there 20 times by accident or keep backup copies of Windows complete source code there, i'd take a look how much space is eaten by SVN's shitty disk space management. Switching to any GIT tool to d/l repo content is only real advice to give here.

Note that it includes files which are not part of repository:
- Fallout2/critter.dat + master.dat 476mb (from Fallout2)
- Fallout2/Fallout1in2/data/art/ 268mb (from Fallout1)
- Fallout2/Fallout1in2/data/sound/speech/ 105mb (from Fallout1)
- Tools/.../ 224mb (random stuff)
- whatever else game itself creates (saves, etc)

Even with all that, i'm still nowhere near 60gb, or even 6 for that matter... That's what you get when trying to use SVN with GIT repo :7

I didn't use SVN for ages now, but i think it keeps tagged revisions as a simple copy of whole repo content on disk. Plus, we have one unused branch which is, again, a copy of repo content at the time branch was created.

60gb for a single repo is an absurd, so unless you installed FNV in there 20 times by accident or keep backup copies of Windows complete source code there, i'd take a look how much space is eaten by SVN's shitty disk space management. Switching to any GIT tool to d/l repo content is only real advice to give here.

No You don't get it

well 60GB was an estimate on my side actually it's like 8GB since it also downloads all the previous releases v0.800 v1.0 etc. i would like to use the download method it's sepose to be done, however somebody once ( over a year ago posted how to configure .svn for github and I did that once and forgot about it.)

I'd be very glad if You'd explain (in details) how to configure repo download with git tools and where to get everything that is nessecary. I'm no Programer, however i'd like to bugtest on the freshest data possible.

Back