Fallout 2 mod Fallout et tu - Release v1.10

Amazing work as always Lexx! FO modding scene never stops amazing me even after all those years!
I forgot the mention since i tend to have not much time to play, but I had a weird bug at the raiders a few weeks a ago. I challenged the boss to a HtH over Tandi. I managed to land a crit on him knocking him down in the ring and winning the fight. After that, I spawned back in the boss's room having his stuff and he was missing. Now the weird part. My hunting rifle i was carrying prior the fight is not usable anymore as in greyed out. all other guns in my inventory was fine. Just wanted to share this for now.

Sounds like one of your arms is broken, thus you can't use two-handed weapons anymore.

Sounds like one of your arms is broken, thus you can't use two-handed weapons anymore.
wasnt the case, as another hunter rifle for my inventory was working. Ill look in the weekend if i can replicate it again. If I find the time

Don't know why this would happen then. The script is doing nothing fancy, just moving items from inventory A to B and back.

By the way, I just stumbled over this guide to run Fallout et Tu via Steam. It tells you how to replace the original Fallout exe file with a new exe file that runs ettu. Steam won't know the difference.

I haven't tried it myself (and likely never will, because I don't start the game via Steam), but it looks simple enough to work.

Kinda makes me wonder if we should attempt to write a launcher for that (replace Falloutw.exe with a launcher where you can decide to either start vanilla Fo1 or ettu). Probably not worth the effort, though. Dunno.

I really thought there would be an easier solution to this (and for more modern games It just works™), but Fallout is not happy with it -.-
What I mean is in 99% just adding "x:\path\to\your\game\game.exe" %command% is enough to launch anything with Steam stil showing the original game as playing status. But Fallout beeing S.P.E.C.I.A.L. will not find it's .dat's that way. The kicker is, even if you set complete fixed paths in the fallout2.cfg it will run, BUT some graphics are really jumbled on the screen, for example the main menu buttons are all squished to the left and also not at the right positions... also, previous settings are not correctly loaded, including graphics modes... argh...

So yea, a universal solution would be a simple launcher. I wouldn't even make it too fallout specific, just a list form to choose between what to launch, and an options page to setup your own launch executables and parameters, that getting saved in a local file. There might be more games that won't work with the launch option besides Fallout.

But yea, the easiest solution is just replace the FalloutLauncher.exe, no need to even make a custom one, just rename your default game executable (in this case even purging the whole folder and making a "full" mod install out of it (as in the .dat's and all mod files going in the main game folder, not game/modname)) ^^

Last edited:
Oh yea, batch works ofc, but then you always have that extra commandline window open (for a few seconds) xP

Edit: OH, and it also won't be tracking the game in steam or having the overlay, because the batch is closed xD

Last edited:
Was wondering, will it also to be possible to have FO2tweaks and F2 Party orders by Burn working together with Et Tu now?

Both should work. Just be aware that some features are already in ettu (auto doors, etc). They should be disabled in the Fo2tweaks config.

Alright, might look in to it later, not really sure how to install. guess the simple drop/drag won't apply in this case. Having a blast (from the past) with Et Tu so far! Many thanks for that!

Just install it into the ettu folder and it should work. Files need to be in \mods\ folder.

hmmm doesn't seem to work. then again, might not have done it correctly. I can either unpack it into the Et tu folder or Et tu\mods

It needs to be in \mods.

I used Fo2Tweaks for a while, worked for me.

hmmm still no luck in my end. shouldn't be that hard if it like copy/paste ya would think, lol. they work fine for my FO2 modded install. but regardless Et Tu is fine without it, was just thinking maybe give it an additional experience

Hello. I wonder if it is possible to add a Private Stash that accompanies us on our trips, like in Diablo II.
If it is not possible or necessary, what would be the best place to store and organize all my junk?

Back