Fallout 2 mod Fallout et tu - Release v1.10

Thanks. Do you refer to the vehicle added in your mod? Cool. :-) How much weight does it support? I have a habit of accumulating a lot of junk. I'm a RPG Hoarder. :mrgreen:

I'm finding some items that I assume are from Fallout 2. Are they of any use? G.E.C.Ks and Vault Suits in the locker at Vault 13, Shovel beside the Brahmin pen in Shady Sands, etc.

What's the purpose of the Cat's Paw/You have no idea magazine? Or the Motor in Bob's Pre-owned Car Mart? I never know if an item will be needed in the future. There's some tip to distinguish useful item from sellable junk? :shock:

Beer, Booze and Nuka-Cola have any use? Sorry for the many questions. I'm discovering classic Fallout now. :drunk:

Don't remember what the carry capacity of the motorcycle is right now. I think it's 35 normal and 45 upgraded. However, I think that is item size and not weight.

The GECK is in for lol. The Vault 13 suits for if you want to dress your party in blue. The shovel has an actual use, you can try to find it out (tip: it also works in Fo2).

Cat's Paw was already in Fo1, it's just a junk item. Don't remember if the motor was vanilla or a Fixt addition (it's hard to keep track of what was added by Fixt in all kinds of places).

Beer, Booze, etc. have an influence on your SPECIAL stats. They also help you to avoid dehydration in the desert.

I think the motor was in from Fixt to add mystery plus to trick players thinking it could be used on The Shed's engine. Not sure, too long ago~

Thanks for the tips. I suppose the shovel is used for catching Brahmin poop drops or digging something? Graves? It can be used as a weapon? I have no idea. :lol:

In the Fallout Wiki says that the motor is a vanilla item without know uses. I'm not sure if it's true.

I am suffering some performance freezes between turns during some battles. I'm playing on an old low-end notebook. Could this be the problem? How many FPS the mod runs at?

Keep in mind that due to modern Sfall features, the game isn't necessarily performing great on old hardware. Not sure what the issue could be in your case, but it could be related to the autodoors script. Try deleting the gl_autodoors.int file in mods\fo1_base\scripts\ and see if something changes.

Aaaa, I lost it! Been hanging at gunrunners up to jan 2163, waiting for those good guns to roll in and dear ol Lou and his mutant army invaded my Vault. I sure love Fallout 1 :)

I'm not very keen on how the traders now work. Barter skill is good, don't get me wrong. Combat armor was 14000 with 80 barter and round 11000 with something like 110 barter. Books got cheaper and cheaper as I was pumping my barter skill. Combat armor mk 2 was kicking in once in a while so I managed to get myself three pairs of this lovely suit. But:
Traders now spawn enhanced weapons? I have seen ex. mag assault rifle. I suppouse the same goes with others (scoped hunting, magneto-laser, speed loader). I know the base game didn't featured them and neither did Fixit. Can't we have Smitty from Adytum to work as he can upgrade your weapon? He already can upgrade your plasma rifle.
Second thing. Gunrunners stock is odd. I rolled FN Fal (advanced rifle?) at level 9 but haven't bought it back then. Ok, stockpilled my 7.62 rounds up to 200 and went back to gunrunners to never see this rifle again. Was at level 13 in 2163.

I did default installment. Didn't enable or disable anything.

Overall experience is very, very good. I would rate it above Fixit for now and sure will give it full grade after my secong playthrough when I will get revenge on those Mariposans.

I especially liked little green outer sublocations. It is good idea to copy it from Fallout 2. The need to travel is very Fallout like thing. Getting location on Pipboy instead of beeing teleported there feels way better.

Oh, I forgot. You can now push around Ian and Tycho not to mention el paladinos. No more stucking in tight places. Yay. Best thing ever!

Last edited:
The upgraded / high level Fo2 weapons are purely based on random and not on a level or barter skill. Unlike their default inventory, these weapons also have a change to disappear again.

I was thinking about adding a new NPC who can upgrade your weapons, but I had no time / motivation to do so yet.

@Lexx yesterday i noticed when Tsyco telling him the use his best weapon, he is cycling through all his weapons that he is carrying. I must say I like this feature quite a bit. is it a ddraw of sfall setting? I couldnt find it.

I think it has more to do with what weapon you set NPC to use. If it's specifically unarmed, it will cycle through unarmed weapons only, I think. If you set up too generaly, they can use too many type of weapons thus they will cycle through all of them.

Met that too often before. think it's a feature so I dont ever bother mention it.

Wow I thought the FO2 guns would screw over the balance, but so far they just make the game more interesting. I like the idea of using them as "uniques". I am going with a fast-shot Small/Big Gunner, so the Magnum Revolver was perfect for my play-style, as is the .45 SMG. Also my char has Small Frame so I took a Combat Leather Jacket in place of a suit of Metal Armor. That and the Combat Leather is cool. Btw, wans't there a two-sleeves sprite for the Combat Leather Jacket or am I misremembering things?

Btw, there are a bunch of CoC robes in the Followers' base. Are these vanilla or something added here to help NPCs infiltrate the Cathedral??

Can't we have Smitty from Adytum to work as he can upgrade your weapon? He already can upgrade your plasma rifle.

I agree, that would be a neat addition.

Question: Are all the named Khan named lieutenants supposed to be so wimpy? They only have like 15 HP, whereas Garl has a whooping 80 HP (badass) and the average named Raiders have 30 HP. Its kinda weird, considering that the Khans are big on "Might is Right" and Garl their leader is their mightiest. In this vanilla? Its odd that the most hardcore of raiders are wimpy.

I think them having 45 HP (their current 15 + default 30 of the normal ones) makes more sense. If they can modified one per one, then perhaps all of them get buffs except Diana (who just repairs things) and the cook (I think its Tolya?). Could be a custom switch somewhere in mod cfgs.

Also, I just realized the average Hub Guard has like 80 HP. Is this vanilla? Because if it is, wow, it makes vanilla FO1 Super Mutants even more pathetic. Imagine getting baptised in FEV and still being more pathetic than some cop in The Hub. The Master should go and kys... no wait, he can. Nvm.

Btw, are the Fallout 2 weapons supposed to appear in random encounters and such? I entered a cavern, killed a mantis, got out through another exit, founds some ants and a dead traveler ghoul who had a .45 SMG. I also got a Revolver from some raiders.

Btw, am I the only one who had Bass-Boosted Big Iron playing on his head the moment I got a second revolver and gave it to Tycho, the Desert Ranger?

DA15FA86ACF40D67E2009076909E3F272A9871B8

Btw, wans't there a two-sleeves sprite for the Combat Leather Jacket or am I misremembering things?

I don't remember if it was ever finished. Especially for all possible hero looks.

Question: Are all the named Khan named lieutenants supposed to be so wimpy? They only have like 15 HP, whereas Garl has a whooping 80 HP (badass) and the average named Raiders have 30 HP. Its kinda weird, considering that the Khans are big on "Might is Right" and Garl their leader is their mightiest. In this vanilla? Its odd that the most hardcore of raiders are wimpy.

Yes, that's vanilla Fo1. It's a beginner area with many possible combatants, which is I guess why their hitpoints are so low.

Btw, are the Fallout 2 weapons supposed to appear in random encounters and such? I entered a cavern, killed a mantis, got out through another exit, founds some ants and a dead traveler ghoul who had a .45 SMG. I also got a Revolver from some raiders.

Some of the weapons also appear in encounters, yes. They usually have a lower chance, though. Caves are the biggest gamble- in rare cases they will spawn high-tier loot crates (you will recognize them when you see them), which can contain almost any Fo2 weapon, even stuff that is not available on merchants. These crates have a higher chance to appear in abandoned mines (which also have a low chance to spawn :> ).

Wow I thought the FO2 guns would screw over the balance, but so far they just make the game more interesting. I like the idea of using them as "uniques".

I thought the same. So far I tested .45 SMG, second 10mm SMG, and Magnum. .45 fits well. It is fast. Only 2AP with Fast Shot trait and Bonus Rate of Fire perk but It doesn't have the greatest damage output and ammo is scarce and heavy to carry around. Second 10mm SMG is ok. It burns throught your ammo supply like a hot knife throught butter.

But Magnum oh boy.

It is next to .223 pistol in terms of best gun of the game. 2AP with FS and BRoF gives 5 10to16 shots at enemy. Give Magnum to Ian and Tycho and you get yourself a close quarters devastator team. Not to mention green FMJ ammo (it now work correctly).

Everything is down in one turn.

Seriously Magnum have no drawbacks. Should be limitted to one like the .223 pistol.

If you have Fast Shot and BRoF, of course they are effective.

But if you have that, flamer would be effective and awesome too. Just get an equal skill level of Big gun then try it with Flamer~

Same deal with Plasma Rifle.

I'm here to report a bug which reloading my saves has no solved. When I take the elevator starting from the Lvl 2 Cathedral Lair to Lvl 3 the game freezes and there is no error message of any kind.

Edit: It seems I'm able to reach Lvl 3 if I do not have the CotC Robe disguise on. I was able to walk around in the Vault 13 suit which is not ideal.

Last edited:
Back