Fallout 2 mod Fallout et tu - Release v1.10

Hey there! I have a simple sugestion, if you dont mind.

When Bounty Hunters come after you, the leader (Avellone) say that someone put 2000 caps on your head, but if you put the option for him to respawn (like the ones in Fallout 2) everytime he respawn, he still says that someone put 2000 caps on your head. You could, everytime he respawn after you kill him in a encounter, increase the amount of caps he says in the dialog, always putting more 2000 caps in this deal until max out in 10000 or 12000. It kinda makes sense too, since you are this evil bastard, which cannot be stopped, and more and more people will want your head on a plate, increasing the amount of caps for this job.

Also, I noticed that the encounter ratio with Bounty Hunters is kinda high. I do not have a problem with this (since they have pretty good itens, like Super Stimpack), but this is normal? I do not remember these guys apearing that much in random encounters.

And one more thing. I have in my gameplay, both Childkiller and Champion perks. Is this a bug? Beacuse of Champion perk, even though I am a Childkiller, everybody is cool with me, which, for what I know, it should not happen.

I'm here to report a bug which reloading my saves has no solved. When I take the elevator starting from the Lvl 2 Cathedral Lair to Lvl 3 the game freezes and there is no error message of any kind.

Edit: It seems I'm able to reach Lvl 3 if I do not have the CotC Robe disguise on. I was able to walk around in the Vault 13 suit which is not ideal.

Need a savegame where I can reproduce this. Otherwise I can't help.

@Bounty Hunters: This is an old Fixt-feature, and I'm not sure if I feel motivated to fix it. To be honest, I would probably just remove it, because having the same people come after you over and over seems super lame.

And one more thing. I have in my gameplay, both Childkiller and Champion perks. Is this a bug? Beacuse of Champion perk, even though I am a Childkiller, everybody is cool with me, which, for what I know, it should not happen.

Fixed in next release.

Last edited:
Pack your savegame in a .zip file and upload it somewhere. Savegames are in the Fallout1in2\data\savegames\ folder.

What do I have to do to reproduce it? I just went down to level 3 and then up to level 2, then I unequipped the robe and got spotted and killed instantly.

What do I have to do to reproduce it? I just went down to level 3 and then up to level 2, then I unequipped the robe and got spotted and killed instantly.

I have the robe equipped and then have the character go down the elevator for the screen freeze to happen. At this point this may be just a user error since I've been mucking about with Fallout 2 conversion mods.

Probably best to mention if you're playing with extra mods beforehand, they won't necessarily be compatible...

Ettu runs from a different folder, so that should not have any effect on it.

Hey Lexx bro, I got the bike and noticed a few bugs:

1. That bike is haunted and once you get it, it follows you no matter what, as long as it has fuel.

2. Even if you have more people than it can take.

3. I finished a caravan route from Hub to Junktown, left Junktown and there it was again, in Junktown.

4. You can't leave it in a town. If you enter an exit grid, you WILL use the bike. AFAIK, in FO2, you had to click on it to haul on it out of towns... or my memories fail me?

5. The worldmap animation reverted to that of the Car.

I don't remember if it was ever finished. Especially for all possible hero looks.

I think it was, but my memories are shit. I think RP has it.

Btw, wans't there a bald combat armor animation for Cassidy? I swear there was one. Tycho just uses the default anim.

Yes, that's vanilla Fo1. It's a beginner area with many possible combatants, which is I guess why their hitpoints are so low.

Perhaps. But its still strange that Garl's toughest are so weak while the namelss raiders are stronger.

Btw, talking HP... I just went through Necropolis and noticed the other Super Mutants there aren't buffed by Tougher Mutants, only Harry. Pity, that fight could have been even cooler.

Playing with x4 Mutants and LMAO, Harry became Necropolis' own boss character with 360 HP. I only beat him by luck when Dogmeat or Katja knocked him out cold. Between that laser rifle, Glovz' changes and his ridiculous HP, Harry went from a pushover to Lord Harry of Murdercropolis.

I also went with him to Lou for a bit and LOL, Lieutenant has over 800 HP on x4. He's like Frank Horrigan Jr now loooool. Can't wait to fight him for real!

(maybe I should have gone with 3x, but I wanted to run a full party and thought the game would't be able to handle it)

I thought the same. So far I tested .45 SMG, second 10mm SMG, and Magnum. .45 fits well. It is fast. Only 2AP with Fast Shot trait and Bonus Rate of Fire perk but It doesn't have the greatest damage output and ammo is scarce and heavy to carry around. Second 10mm SMG is ok. It burns throught your ammo supply like a hot knife throught butter.

Yeah I thought the .45 SMG was actually kinda puny, I think the 10mm SMG got me better or similar damage output, especially against armored targets. Only found ammo for it once, too.

Haven't found the other 10mm SMG, wish I did. I just got the Water Chip and have been using the 10mm SMG, with 10mm AP its able to damage Deathclaws and Super Mutants with burst fire. Now I want to test the Assault Rifle, the JHP ammo has some sexy modifiers. Could it be that the Assault Rifle will for once finally stop being a useless piece of firewood, only good for selling?

Btw, seeing how useful AP ammo is now, makes me wonder if that wasn't what the original devs intended. In vanilla the 10mm SMG becomes useless after a certain point, but with working AP ammo, it actually did pretty well, even against Super Mutants and the Deathclaw. Its explains why we keep seeing 10mm ammo and weapons even at endgame. Same goes for Assault Rifle, which in vanilla FO1 and 2 is immensely useless.

Armor is also balanced. Combat Leather Jacket is a nice alternative to Metal Armor if you have low carry weight. Didn't get Metal MkII but probably will, saw in a shop.

But Magnum oh boy.

It is next to .223 pistol in terms of best gun of the game. 2AP with FS and BRoF gives 5 10to16 shots at enemy. Give Magnum to Ian and Tycho and you get yourself a close quarters devastator team. Not to mention green FMJ ammo (it now work correctly).

Yes, Magnum is great! Especially for Tycho, because of his 8 AP. Which allows him to fire twice.

I've been running Magnum on Tycho, 14mm Pistol for Ian and 10mm SMG for Katja. Katja can be fairly chill with it if you config her right.

Btw, I discovered a trick if you want to switch NPC ammo loadouts: Get two copies of the same gun. Load one with AP/FMJ, the other with JHP ammo. You can then go to combat configs and the NPC will cycle through weaponry. Because its the same weapon, config will consider them equivalent and switch. So, say, you can make Tycho switch from JHP to FMJ using two Magnums

I think you can even make them switch between grenades and guns, if both are on the same league.

Seriously Magnum have no drawbacks. Should be limitted to one like the .223 pistol.

I would't say "no drawbacks". It has the weakness of being a six-shooter, short range and I feel it really lacks the firepower to fight Super Mutants if they are on the Tougher Mutants setting. Also AFAIK no speed load mod. Its actually very much like in FO2, a Fast Shooter can run Magnum from Den to NCR, but it becomes useless against heavily-armored enemies with large HP pools, like Super Mutants.

14mm Pistol seems better against heavily armored targets, especially for NPCs who can't fire thrice anyway.

Last edited:
Need a savegame. We never had issues like that with the bike. In fact, we were pretty sure that it is way more bugfree now than even the vanilla car.

If there are still issues with it, I doubt it can be fixed. At least I wouldn't know how at this point.

Honestly, I have no idea what could trigger such a huge fuckup. Did you use any savegame editors or whatever? Based on what you write it seems like the whole vehicle code is failing. This is not a normal issue in the slightest.

Btw, wans't there a bald combat armor animation for Cassidy? I swear there was one. Tycho just uses the default anim.

Yes, but I don't like it. Made it years ago and it doesn't have all animations if I remember right.

Btw, talking HP... I just went through Necropolis and noticed the other Super Mutants there aren't buffed by Tougher Mutants, only Harry. Pity, that fight could have been even cooler.

None of the Necropolis mutants should be buffed, because it's still considered early game.
/Edit: Ok, I see that the overkill setting is still doing it. Guess I missed a condition.

(maybe I should have gone with 3x, but I wanted to run a full party and thought the game would't be able to handle it)

You can still change the setting, as long as you haven't visited Mariposa or the Cathedral yet.

Yeah I thought the .45 SMG was actually kinda puny, I think the 10mm SMG got me better or similar damage output, especially against armored targets. Only found ammo for it once, too.

Well, raiders with Grease Gun are able to penetrate my power armor, while the 10mm SMG is not.
You can buy ammo in Adytum.

Last edited:
How do you get the motorcycle? I just started playing Fallout 1 for the first time with this mod and I've found it in Necropolis. Do I have to kill the ghoul to get the key? I've saved, killed him, and got the key, but then I needed fuel. I don't want to kill him if I don't have to. If I do have to kill him though, how/where do you get fuel?

How do you get the motorcycle? I just started playing Fallout 1 for the first time with this mod and I've found it in Necropolis. Do I have to kill the ghoul to get the key? I've saved, killed him, and got the key, but then I needed fuel. I don't want to kill him if I don't have to. If I do have to kill him though, how/where do you get fuel?
In current game iteration (v1.5) just talk to the ghoul and he'll tell you to watch his bike while he goes to the sewers. He get's massacred there by a relatively strong molerat. if you'd dare you can go and recover the biker's belongings. including a key and some other stuff. Also the bike is intentionally out of fuel. the owner did not rode off into the wasteland only because bike had no juice. (pro.tip. if you have absolutely no energy cells. there are energy weapons scattered in some of the bodies in the sewers. especially I remember finding a cattle prod and a plasma pistol that's 20x and 16x small energy cells if you unload the weapons. first off exit to the worldmap before aquiring the bike and position yourslef on the edge of Necropolis circle [as close as possible in direction of boneyard. next enter back to Necropolis and load the small energy cells into the bike, and travel to the edge of boneyard. {you should have barely enaugh fuel for that} [before the trip you may have to disband one of your party members {if you have 3 humans} as they won't all fit on the bike yet. In Boneyard park the bike on Adytown map and visit local blacksmith for the upgrade to your bike. Gunrunners should sell you some fuel for the bike, however trust me You won't need more than 2x50 Microfusion Cells (two will get you full battery charge and that's enaugh to travel to vault13 with their "salvation" and continue through brotherhood and the glow [The Glow also has decent amount of fuel for the bike at last 3x50 Microfusion cells and a shitload of small energy cells. further along if you feel scummy you can rob Brotherhood of some fuel,(even a shitload of fuel if you've got the proper skills] onwards from the Brotherhood in the "Raid zones" you'll find shitton of bike fuel, but that's probably end of the game by then.

Yeah 777th post: xD

There's Harry the Super Mutant with a laser rifle in the Shed. You should have enough to fill the bike.
The sewer has a plasma pistol for Energy gun user and a cattleprod. Both also provide enough cells for a full bike I think.

Need a savegame. We never had issues like that with the bike. In fact, we were pretty sure that it is way more bugfree now than even the vanilla car.

I will send you some through my mediafire when I get the time.

Fallout: The Haunted Bike.

Yes, but I don't like it. Made it years ago and it doesn't have all animations if I remember right.

I thought that was partly intentional? Partly to save work and partly so that party members stick to the weapons they usually in the original game - so no Cassidy with Turbo Plasmas or something silly like that.

None of the Necropolis mutants should be buffed, because it's still considered early game.
/Edit: Ok, I see that the overkill setting is still doing it. Guess I missed a condition.

Just Harry, tho.

Oh don't mistake me, it wasn't a complaint. Loved having Harry as a "Disc One Boss". Its one of the cool things this mod gave me. In retrospect I regret going straight for Combat Armor rather than Metal MkII, but Combat Armor is too sexy for me to resist, even through I had to sell dozens of accumulated stuff for it.

Btw, think you can add an optional setting for them? As in, "If 1, the Super Mutants in Necropolis are also buffed by Tougher Mutants"? Because that fight would have been even more rad.

You can still change the setting, as long as you haven't visited Mariposa or the Cathedral yet.

Thinking about doing it, because I did some back calculation and Harry had 90 HP, right? AFAIK the average Nightkin/Super Mutant has 80, ins't that true? Then they will get pretty silly on x4 Tougher Mutants. 3x80 is already 240 which is already epic enough. Through I swear the Mariposa ones have 40 HP or so, which is kinda silly.

Well, raiders with Grease Gun are able to penetrate my power armor, while the 10mm SMG is not.
You can buy ammo in Adytum.

They're WHAT?!

Weird, Grease Gun seemed pretty puny in my experience, while I could stack some good burst damage using 10mm SMG AP. Gonna test it a bit further.

EDIT: I've done some further testing and the .45 SMG is actually awesome. Especially if you have Fast Shot, you can pull off some crazy 3 bursts per turn attacks and its good enough to really put the hurt on deathclaws - therefore, it can also hurt Super Mutants. Only issue is the limited ammo, it will run out on four bursts.

@Tribalus Maximus , good news: The Assault Rifle is no longer dogshit now. I've been using it for a while and the JHP ammo does some pretty good burst damage. Definitively better than the 10mm SMG running AP. Its junk on single shot, but that's what stuff like the Magnum is for. Haven't tested the AP ammo yet but the modifiers look good. Hell, the JHP already has sweet modifiers vs armor. I consider it a straight upgrade on the 10mm SMG now. Wish the Extended Mag version was a thing here, it would have been fantastic due to its higher bullet output (8 vs 6) and the immense magazine.

EDIT: AP ammo is good, it hurts deathclaws excellently.

Also lol, I've planned to run Small/Big Guns since game start, and so far I've stuck only to Small Guns. Got a flamer sitting useless in my stocks and a bunch of fuel, probably going to use it to charbroil the Boneyard Deathclaws. Small Guns is just too much fun so far lmao.

Last edited:
Greetings Lexx et al.,

Old (new) Fallout player here, and just stumbled across this site after all these years. I thought I'd give your mod a try for a Fallout 1 play through. I ran into an issue with 2X Scaling, where it applied the scaling correctly to the main menu, but did not after starting a new game. I figured something was off because my Screen Settings still said my Graphics Mode was set to 0, even though [MAIN] GRAPHICS_MODE = 2 was set in the f2_res.ini file.

I corrected the issue by going into the Fallout1in2 ddraw.ini file and setting [Graphics] Mode = 0, which matched what was in the ddraw.ini file in my base Fallout 2 directory. It was originally set to 4.

I'm not sure why this occurred, maybe a conflict with the similar setting in f2_res.ini, because I'm running Fallout 2 from a CD, or perhaps because of the patches I've applied to the base Fallout 2 game. Those patches, in order of install, are: The official US 1.02d Patch, Killap's Unoffical 1.02.31 Patch, Killap's Fallout 2 Restoration 2.3.3, and SFall 4.2.9 (without the ddraw.ini file copied over to prevent potential conflicts with Killap's patches). I'm guessing newer versions of the game use a different high resolution patch than Mash's from 2014, which was included in the unofficial 1.02.31 patch.

Anyway, I just wanted to give you a heads up, in case anyone else has this issue.

Thanks for taking on a second full-time job, just so we can have a much improved Fallout 1 experience!

Last edited:
I'm running Fallout 2 from a CD, or perhaps because of the patches I've applied to the base Fallout 2 game. Those patches, in order of install, are: The official US 1.02d Patch, Killap's Unoffical 1.02.31 Patch, Killap's Fallout 2 Restoration 2.3.3, and SFall 4.2.9 (without the ddraw.ini file copied over to prevent potential conflicts with Killap's patches).

When you say "running Fallout 2 from a CD", you're saying you haven't picked the "Humongous" option in the setup, yeah? I'd change that, if I were you.
Installing Unofficial Patch v1.02.31 is pointless if you want to apply the Restoration mod v2.3.3, as well. All killap's fixes were included in the mod, so you lose nothing by skipping this step.
Installing the latest official patch is unnecessary, it's included in the Restoration mod.

https://falloutmods.fandom.com/wiki/F2RP_Technical_Info#Install_Prerequisites

None of these mods are necessary for ettu. Basically, ettu is 100% its own thing - that's why it runs from a custom folder and won't touch any vanilla files.

Back