Fallout 2 mod Fallout et tu - Release v1.10

Lexx, glad to know it's not a patch conflict. To confirm, I re-installed Fallout 2 without any unofficial patches, then added Fallout1in2. I still had to set [Graphics] Mode = 0 in the Fallout1in2 ddraw.ini file for 2X scaling to work properly in game. It's an easy enough fix. I just wanted to give you a heads up that I had to do it, since it might not be an intuitive for others that run into the same issue.

Zaius238, thanks for the note. I was unaware of the patch redundancy.

Graphic Mode 0 will cause issues with Alt+Tab on Win10, which is why we have set Dx9 as default.

Lexx, glad to know it's not a patch conflict. To confirm, I re-installed Fallout 2 without any unofficial patches, then added Fallout1in2. I still had to set [Graphics] Mode = 0 in the Fallout1in2 ddraw.ini file for 2X scaling to work properly in game. It's an easy enough fix. I just wanted to give you a heads up that I had to do it, since it might not be an intuitive for others that run into the same issue.

Zaius238, thanks for the note. I was unaware of the patch redundancy.

instead of using scaling 2x in in game configurations, simply open up f2_res.ini in your et tu folder disable 2x scaling and set the desired resolution to half of your desktop resolution (it does the same as scaling 2x [beats me why ppl like evrything pixelated... i first played fallout on a 15" CRT monitor screen, and it was not pixelated at native 640x480] ). This way you can keep sfall's Mode=4 and all the goodnes it comes with.

Yeh, on the old CRT it certainly didn't have "hard pixels". Not sure why everyone nowadays wants that.

Yeh, on the old CRT it certainly didn't have "hard pixels". Not sure why everyone nowadays wants that.
My best guess is it has something to do with the larger text and smaller view area. I personally find myself squinting when reading the text or fighting a smaller critter without 2x.

You can just keep the resolution down and everything will be bigger on your screen. There is really no reason to set the x2 option.

I know it's not the intended way to run it but the x2 option solved some window sizing issues I've been having under wine. The game either crashed on startup or was an extremely tiny window. I personally don't know if the sfall dx9 mode has any sort of benefit over the one provided in the high res patch, but It's the only way I can seem to run the game.

This may be a stupid question, but all of the config options got me thinking, could it be possible to make options to turn off or greatly lower the chances of some of the ridiculous death animations happening?

I mean, the only other small guns related death animation outside of just falling to the ground is the "autofire dance", and that one happens if you don't overkill with damage.

There's not much a mod could tweak. Besides this, this is not an area where ettu is going to do any changes.

@Lexx
I seem to be getting a game freeze with music loop when entering cathedral vault lvl3 while doing stealthy a.k.a james bond aproch on destroying it. i'm with humanoid party all wearing robes and all having red c.o.c key and nullifier in inventory.
gameplay is cheated, however i haven't used any cheating program. everything was done using existing mods. also mutant hp modifier/multipiler in config.ini was set to 20 to ensure all mutants have max hp.
Have no idea what's up, however i do remember few pages back one guy already noticed that james bond aproch crashed/freezed on lvl 3 cathedral. If you require a savegame, I'll try to arrange it, as last save was quite a bit earlier, so got some gameplay to repeat in order to reach the same point.

What do you mean with "a game freeze with music loop"? Game stops but music keeps going?

No idea what this could be. Can't think of any script right now that would be heavy enough to cause this and do so *only* in the Cathedral. Guess this would need a lot more investigation.

/Edit: I was able to debug this shit on discord. Download this file and overwrite the one in fo1_base\scripts\
Looks like I fucked some shit up with the last cleanup before v1.5 release.

Last edited:
Question, can I uninstall FO1 after copying the MASTER.DAT file and installing Et Tu, or do I need it installed at all times?

Question, can I uninstall FO1 after copying the MASTER.DAT file and installing Et Tu, or do I need it installed at all times?

Once EtTu is installed properly, you don't need anything from Fallout1 (all used content is extracted and kept in Fallout1in2/ directory)
In case of Fallout2, you need only master.dat and critter.dat

Last edited:
What do you mean with "a game freeze with music loop"? Game stops but music keeps going?

No idea what this could be. Can't think of any script right now that would be heavy enough to cause this and do so *only* in the Cathedral. Guess this would need a lot more investigation.

/Edit: I was able to debug this shit on discord. Download this file and overwrite the one in fo1_base\scripts\
Looks like I fucked some shit up with the last cleanup before v1.5 release.

this freeze with music loop is sort of like no mouse response + part of music file plays in loop ( not the whole file just couple seconds of it). the freeze is related to going to third level of cathedral vault in robes while keeping the human robed guy alive at lvl1. it's because robed guy from lvl1 enters lvl3. The crash/freeze does not happen while wearing any other kind of armor besides robes, then the robed guy simply walks out of the elevator screams "Guards!" in red and fight starts.

I'll check your fix in a moment. what i noticed above was from today at around 2am. I was so tiered afer checking this, i went to sleep, and forgone the bugtest info, which i provide now.

The crash is not because the robed guy from level 1 enters level 3, but because other scientists on that level have the disguise check in the wrong place. Fast hardware doesn't seem to care about this, which is why I did not experience the issue by myself. However, old / slower hardware can get clogged.

As I said, the issue should be fixed with that file above.

It does fix it.. thank you..

well i do run a potato but i thought 4x 3.0GHz CPU plus radeon R9 390X should do the trick for a 20 year old game.. guess not :p

Well, you have to keep in mind that even though Fallout is old, Sfall features are new. The game has different hardware requirements now.

Other than that, of course it is still possible to write scripts that are so horrible, even modern machines will have troubles with them.

Back