Fallout 2 mod Fallout et tu - Release v1.10

@gustarballs1983 @PxHCx I've just committed a new experimental sfall build with changes to the AI weapon pick calculation to git. With my tests, the LE gun is now chosen correctly. AIBestWeaponFix needs to be set to 1 for it to run.

NOTE: This is not an official release, so there could be issues of whatever kind. This is just for testing.

will it require a new game, or would it work with old savegames?

EDIT:
NVM.. tried with an old save game. seemes to work. tried with assault rifle, combat shotgun, and LE BB Gun. Always chooses LE BB Gun now. don't have an access to sniper rifle yet.

Last edited:
Hey sorry if this has been posted before but I searched around and couldn't find anything about this.

I've been playing through et tu and LOVE the qol changes, but I'm having some problems

1 A lot of text has been replaced by error messages https://www.dropbox.com/sh/hl2pb5s4447x7bq/AAAu-uxnUTp5p4k3AIvpRARTa?dl=0

2 some of the quests don't work, namely the Decker quest in Hub, I kill decker and his groupies but then the quest just, doesn't end and I'm stuck in the basement. When I try to do the kill Gizmo quest it just teleports me to north Junktown and then nothing happens.

3 I also can't talk to Mrs Stapleton, minor complaint but I like the books lol

Does anyone know if there's any fixes for these? I googled a lot, but there doesn't seem to be anything anywhere on this. I followed the installation instructions and double checked them but maybe I missed something

Again love everything about the mod just having some issues

Lots of error messages is a huge red flag already. Not being able to talk to Mrs Stapleton is a huge red flag as well. Something is obviously wrong with your installation that should be fixed first. The Hub and Junktown stuff is very likely related to that issue as well.

Need more information:
- did you follow the install instructions correctly?
- what language version of Fo2 are you using?
- what OS are you using?
- what ettu version are you using?

/Edit: Spotted that random floating error in the Hub. This clearly means files are missing / can't be found. Yet apparently you were able to play till reaching the Hub. Based on that I'm assuming that not all files were installed correctly and you have to download and reinstall the mod again.

Last edited:
Yep, that was it, I remember when first I installed it not all the files extracted for some reason so I manually copy and pasted them and figured it was no big deal lol

Thanks for the response!

Last edited:
Hello. I have installed everything correctly, although I do have a general question. Keep in mind I am a bit of a newbie when it comes to Classic Fallout modding. But whenever I encounter a talking head, I just have the talk screen surrounded by a black void. IIRC it's supposed to just go over the map and pause everything. Not sure if this is just a limitation of the mod itself, or if this is something that can be fixed. Either way, great work on everything.

IIRC it's supposed to just go over the map and pause everything.
That's just the default setting for other mods that came before, so people got used to it. Also the game does not pause in dialog - critters, etc. keep moving around when hoovering over the dialog options (which is why I enabled the black screen - looked more vanilla to me).

/edit: Turns out critters only keep moving in dialog interface if the dialog gets started from outside the talk_p_proc. Learned something new today.

Last edited:
Just wanted to say first, I'm new to this site and have been using Fallout Fixt for a while now. Is it better to use this or keep using Fixt? And is there any plans on adding in that female BoS paladin's (Wiki said name was Jennifer?) cut content? Would help set my future fallout games characters as being a true BoS descendant.

Fixt hasn't been updated in years so Et Tu is probably the better option at this point in time. Fallout 2's engine is better suited to mods and the UI is nicer in general.

Morpheus' terminal is actually not doing that. Just entering the Cathedral cellar will mark the Master's Lair.

The BoS paladins can't show up at the Cathedral, as there are no critters in the map. Not sure if I want to dive deep into this, tbh. I actually thought the BoS attack on the Cathedral wasn't even in the game.

/Edit: Oh wow, they actually are still there. Welp, guess I will have to look into this now ...

/Edit2: Ok, fixed it. Will be available in v1.6 or you'll pull the latest script files from the repo tomorrow.

While I was at it, I also replaced the code that makes the paladins follow the player with the generic partymember stuff from Fallout 2 (all of the other party members are using it already). Now they follow the player in a less random pattern and it looks more pretty (also should be blocking less, but that's just random in the end).

I've also made it so that hacking Morpheus' terminal will actually allow the attack on the Cathedral as well (without having to visit the cellar).

Last edited:
I found a little problem.

1. When you start first game, (After the overseer talking) the combat message says nothing.
but original fallout says this. "Never before have you seen a natural darkness. blah blah."

2. when the Killian goes to kill the gizmo. killian says nothing.
originally the killian will say "I'm here take you in gizmo, this time I've got proof."

3. Sherry in skulz gang. (junktown). I talked her about job, and life. and then I killed a skulz gangs with sheriff.
when things are settled down. and the sherry dissappeared.
The original fallout sherry will work crash house as a cook.

and many little dialogue (people mumbling etc) isn't appear at this mod.
It's not a big deal, but I kinda thinks this is annoying.

I'm playing 1.5 version of et tu.

1. When you start first game, (After the overseer talking) the combat message says nothing.
but original fallout says this. "Never before have you seen a natural darkness. blah blah."

This message shows when you are about to leave the cavern (there's actually 2, depending on current daytime which is randomized). There is no message directly after game start.
/edit: Oh wow, I remember what you mean... this message is not in vanilla Fallout 1, but in Fixt. I removed it.

Need to investigate Killian. The message is definitively in the script and should show up.

I didn't touch Sherry. It should work exactly like in the vanilla game. Will investigate later.

and many little dialogue (people mumbling etc) isn't appear at this mod.
Need more details, otherwise this is not helpful at all.... Who? Where? When?

After investigating this, we found out that the floater thing is an issue in Sfall. A fix in version 4.2.7 broke them. Not sure yet how to handle it.

I have reverted a change to Sherry. Turns out the latest TeamX patch deleted her for some reason. I couldn't figure out yet why they removed her, though - there might be some other bug, which I am not aware of.

I'm experiencing a hard crash on the third level of the cathedral vault.
No error message, game is simply gone.

I tried moving my save to an older version of et tu and it worked there without a problem.
Whatever it causes, it had to happen during the 1.5 update.

EDIT:
I have to learn to use the "search button" :D

Last edited:
Yes, it's an old cut quest. Half the necessary stuff isn't in the game, thus the quest can't be completed.
I've changed the script variables now, so the quest entry won't show up anymore (in v1.6).

It's unlikely that this quest will ever be restored to its fullest, because the Glow location is simply too small and the traps have barely any influence. This is very likely the reason why it was cut in the first place.
The original Glow design doc was probably pretty cool, with lots of fancy stuff going on. Sadly reality catched up, and only the bare minimum of features survived (keycard for the elevator doors, and restoring power and its influence on the security robots).

I didn't mean released docs. Just that based on existing script files, the docs were probably pretty detailed. :>

There's lots of unused stuff in the Glow files. For examples the lockers on level 5 were originally locked with force fields. You had to convince ZAX to disable them and then use the red keycard to unlock them. Pretty sure this was cut because it would be a REALLY damn tedious thing to do. Imagine having to unlock all the lockers one by one. Ugh.

Also there is a script about a sentry gun trap. My guess is that it would have been on level 5 as well, but was probably removed because it felt weird... Truth told, all the Glow traps are kinda shit and artificial - they don't really "exist" in the map, it's just a specific area where skill rolls determine if you trigger a trap or not. For ettu I was thinking about replacing them with "real" object traps, similar to the Fo2 landmines. I haven't done that yet, because I was scared about changing the feeling of the Glow too much...

What else do we have? Some scripts which add unique descriptions to objects like documents on desks, a note on a fridge, dead bodies etc. The scripts with the dead bodies are added back in with ettu. It's a nice touch, imo.

Then there's also some remnants of the S'Lanter like:
It appears as though this cage contained lab animals for testing. Somehow, the bars have been torn off.

Long story short, similar to other locations, the Glow has lots of cut stuff.

Back