Fallout 2 mod Fallout et tu - Release v1.10

Been using Fixt and lurking for years and I made this account to thank you and your team for the amazing dedication here.

I'm excited to try the most recent release but I have one question before I do. In the Github logs I noticed that conditions for the Hub endings have been altered. I downloaded the source code and edited the V13CAVE file, so I'm wondering how I'd go about compiling that. Or can it be used as-is?

You need to compile the .ssl into .int - easily done with the Script Editor in the tools folder. You just have to setup the paths correctly, hit "compile" and done.

Quick technical questions about "Unique settings for Fallout et Tu." (fo1_settings.ini)
For settings changes to work, do they need to be activated before I start a new game, or just before I visit the areas which they affect?
Due to the game engine, I assume that if the area has not been loaded yet, changes can be made, but I'm not 100% sure.

It depends. Some changes like the timers will only work on a new game (on purpose, because you can end up screwing up your savegame if you do weird stuff with it). Most of the changes only work if you haven't visited affected areas yet, but there's some that could also break (for example merchant restocking or the vehicle).
All stuff related to encounters can be enabled / disabled whenever. Generally, though, (and just to be sure) I advise to make changes before starting a new game.

Perfect, that's exactly what I wanted to hear.
So things like "Able to have intimate relations with Lorri?" will work if I have never visited a brotherhood before 8-)
By the way, it would be much more sensible if you just wrote at the beginning fo1_settings:

1 = Yes
0 = No

One more quick question.
I have noticed new changes in the text that suggest "intimate relations with Tandi".
Is it part of future plans?

Last edited:
The Tandi stuff was in Fixt. I removed it, because it creeped me out.

I just wish Tandi was nicer when she turns you down, though. The way she reacts, you'd think you squeezed her ass like she an easy slut.

Kind of makes me regret RISKING MY LIFE to get her back from her captors who would have most likely went WAY beyond asking if she wants to, you know, get together.

I just wish Tandi was nicer when she turns you down, though. The way she reacts, you'd think you squeezed her ass like she an easy slut.

Kind of makes me regret RISKING MY LIFE to get her back from her captors who would have most likely went WAY beyond asking if she wants to, you know, get together.

I completely agree.
That ungrateful little slut...
It looks like the horny doctor (intimate relations with Lorri) is fine, but the horny teenager is something unimaginable...

Actually I wanted to remove the sex fan-fic of Lorri as well, because reading this stuff made me cringe as hell. But unlike Tandi she isn't 15 (16? or younger?) so I just locked it behind behind the Fixt-condition and tried to forget it.

Actually I wanted to remove the sex fan-fic of Lorri as well, because reading this stuff made me cringe as hell. But unlike Tandi she isn't 15 (16? or younger?) so I just locked it behind behind the Fixt-condition and tried to forget it.

Do you realize that you're talking about a game where you get the title for the killing of childrens? :smug:

Ah shit, here we go again. Every half year this subject resurfaces i'm suprised Lexx still keeps that thing in, knowing how much stuff coming from fixt was removed already.

Here is your Tandi sex mod. I didn't playtest it, just copy&pasted the old Fixt shit back in place. It should work the same as before, I guess.

Attachments

You know, I'd convinced myself that the Tandi sex portion of FIXT was just a fever dream I had. But look at that, it was real after all. Huh.

Unrelated, but I've compiled the file. It should work if I just make a folder for that file in the Fallout1in2/mods folder, right?
And thanks for the help.

You don't need to compile it again. Just follow the install instructions in the readme file and it'll work like any other of the mini-mods that are shipped with the release package.

### Installation
To use this mod, open the ddraw.ini, go to [ExtraPatches] and add "PatchFile[number]=mods\fo1_tandi_sexmod" at the end of the "PatchFile"-list!
The game will now load the additional mod folder.

If there is more than one additional mod, make sure to correctly number the "PatchFileX" entry (1, 2, 3, ...).

Personally, I'd just change the dialogue option to hit on Tandi to something else.

Something that would justify Tandi's hostile reaction. Something sleazy and gross or a rude command form that would trigger her rebellious teenage nature.

Here is your Tandi sex mod. I didn't playtest it, just copy&pasted the old Fixt shit back in place. It should work the same as before, I guess.

Thank you.
I appreciate the gesture.

Of course, I respect your right not to like something, but since it was always an optional option that you had to activate first, it guaranteed that only people who really care about it will get access to this content. In that case, I see no reason why something like this should be removed.

I see no reason why something like this should be removed.

Because it's bad. A dialog option, a fade to black and back, a default dialog line from Tandi and that's it. There is nothing else to it, it's really just that. Hell, at least the critters could be moved into a different room, or there could be fluff narrator text similar to what happens in New Reno or Modoc. But there is none of that, it doesn't even advance time, so it's completely pointless.

Hmm, I understand where you're going and I agree.
If you want sex with Tandi it should be done right and not like this.
I think I could take an audio recording of her conversations and use the editor to create completely new juicy answers from it.
Then the whole thing would look and sound much better.

Back