Fallout 2 mod Fallout et tu - Release v1.10

I've already thrown in the Fo2 sex-macro which does with this by default, but it's still a pretty lame and lazy "feature."

Just thought I would throw my two cents in this "important" discussion. Didn't Squid also admit he regrets putting in that Tandi option as he had it in when he was a lot younger? I think that shows how much of a non issue this is.

I stumbled over an old quote by Per from 2006.
This is probably impossible unless you pull off the old "Fo1 in the Fo2 engine" project, which is massive and will never happen.
Never say never, I guess.

In other news, v1.6 will get a new mini-mod that increases the visible area in mountain maps. Original and New to compare (ignore the rocks on 2nd screen, it's a different encounter).

I'm not exactly great at hand painting, but the final result looks pretty good to me (especially when seen ingame). The bottom area obviously was a lot harder to pull off than the top ...

The new maps will be optional but enabled by default. Running the game in 1280x720px, which is the default setting, there won't be any black bars anymore. Higher resolutions obviously will show the borders again - that will never change.

Last edited:
Not that it really matters, but I've seen people say you can "romance" Lorri. Is that the BoS doc, or someone else? If it is the BoS doc, all I get is the dialogue for operation stat boosts.

You need to enable Fixt features and the option specifically. It is all disabled by default.

Not that it really matters, but I've seen people say you can "romance" Lorri. Is that the BoS doc, or someone else? If it is the BoS doc, all I get is the dialogue for operation stat boosts.

what @Lexx says + you need to have 9 charisma for this and get the operation to raise to 10, only then the additional dialogue options will lead to rommance nodes. (having 10 CHA + use mentats& pipboy's alarm clock to lower your stats works too).

Ok, I fixed that. Also, Is there anyway to make the game full screen? Even set to 1920x1080 my screen is so small I cant hardly see anything.

If your issue is what i think it is, then try changing UAC_AWARE to 1 in the f2_res.ini file.

Other than that, the higher you set the game resolution, the smaller everything will get. It's how this works.

If your issue is what i think it is, then try changing UAC_AWARE to 1 in the f2_res.ini file.

Other than that, the higher you set the game resolution, the smaller everything will get. It's how this works.
I just copied my Fallout 2 res settings into the Fallout 1in2 res settings. Everything is fine now. The screen was just so small and the map zoomed way out.

The timer broke, because I changed some things related to them. You'd have to start a new game for it to work.

Don't remember what's all involved in this, but what you probably need is:
- BROINVAD.int
- CHILDRN1.int
- CHILDRN2.int
- MASTER1.int
- MORPCOMP.int
- HIGHELD.int

However, if you've already visited the Cathedral then it likely won't work anymore.

So I have finally found the time to do eeee third playthrought (first one complete). This time action point build with FS, BRoF, 2x AB. New build to me but weapons went as usual. EMP and pulse grenades, magnum revolver, assault rifle (in that order). FNFal was a curio. 7.62 is scarce and I managed to get myself only about 500 to 600 rounds. Good gun but eat bullets like nothing. Is HPFA in the game?

Most pleasant experience was the bonus companion. Whoever made him a permanent - good job! Swopped his weapon to las rifle, not that he is bad with minigan, he is very carefull, often goes melee when there is a chanse of hurting me, but I wanted him more as long range shooter. Also I noticed one thing when combat starts he never change his position (unlike Ian and Tycho, they move around often).

Cathedral Vault level 2. Made some running to manipulate Mr. Handy to take stategic spot and quickly went to attack scientists. They all went down with one pulse grenade. Mr. Handy was, as his ingame AI plays, not moving. When other mutants counter attacked he stood firmly, tanking and wounding the opponens.
12ap helped. I was by him in one turn. We were victiorious but Mr. Handy was left with only 10 HP out of 125 total base HP. I could not use repair due to previous usage so I decided to left him on the floor and go futher by myself (+ Ian, Tycho, Followers).

* minor bug * Killed The Master and was fleeing. Me, Ian, Tycho, one Follower. Stoped to pick up Mr. Handy. CH was 6. Gave me response will not join due to party size. Follower counts as pernament companion? Should it be like that? I know, I know. Engine miscalculations. Boosted CH to 8 with mentats and problem solved.

BTW top marks to this Follower. Not some kind of crack el paladino who turn his back away when things start to get serious (the Lou fight). He saw The Master. He fought nightkins in the tower and mutant soldiers in the vault. He witnessed twisted psychic experiments on prisoners. Probably head of Followers of the Apocalypse army branch by now (only if they have something like that).

The bug is actually that the Followers don't leave on the last level of the Master's Lair. This will be fixed in the v1.6 release.
They also work as "real" party members, which is why you were unable to make the Mr. Handy robot follow you again. Same thing happens with any other such temporary party members - Right now I'm not aware of a way to fix this.

Hey there, first time ever installing Fallout 1 and 2, got hard copies. I installed this, is there anything else recommended to install or is this the whole community patch in one? My only experience with windows 95 is Dig Dug so treat me like a simpleton pretty please.

The release has everything you need. Keep in mind, though, that due to Sfall this isn't really a Win95 game anymore.

Ah yeah I saw the HQ music requires Sfall. So Sfall is already installed? Do you recommend any textures/interface/visual upgrades/packages or is everything installed? Sorry if I'm just basically asking the same question again.

Here is a list of the mini-mods that are included in the release and here is some more stuff. Nothing else exists for ettu yet. You should also look at the fo1_settings.ini file for other parameters.

Sfall is included - without it, ettu wouldn't be possible.

Here is a list of the mini-mods that are included in the release and here is some more stuff. Nothing else exists for ettu yet. You should also look at the fo1_settings.ini file for other parameters.

Sfall is included - without it, ettu wouldn't be possible.

Thank you for all your help!

I have a big favour to ask for v1.6: I love the new low-tier energy pistol you can now get from the Shady Sands merchant, however it replaces the (unusued) F2 Zip Gun proto. I usually mod the Zip Gun back into Fallout 2 as a Pipe Rifle alternative because I love the aesthetic, and would like to also use that weapon in Et Tu... but obviously I can't because the "Zap Gun" (your cool new pistol, as I call it) overwrites the original.

Would it be feasible to have the "Zap Gun" (energy version) you added be a new proto added by Et Tu rather than overwriting the F2 Zip Gun? Or maybe have it overwrite something else that isn't ever used in either F2 or Et Tu (Tangler's Hand or Smitty's Cool Item, for example) instead?

If there's a good reason for doing it as an overwrite of that specific proto, no problems, but just wanted to ask.

Back