Fallout 2 mod Fallout et tu - Release v1.10

Sure it's possible, but you can do pretty much the same - just overwrite a different unused item with your zip gun. :p Why does it have to be the same proto?

Sure it's possible, but you can do pretty much the same - just overwrite a different unused item with your zip gun. :p Why does it have to be the same proto?
Only for compatibility, because the Zip Gun was originally that proto anyway. If, for example, you or someone else later replaces "Tangler's Hand" then my changing that proto to the old Zip Gun is no longer compatible. Like, say, I chose that to replace and later you, someone, or even I, re-add the Tangler subquest back into the game.

Like the RPU, Et Tu already adds some new protos of its own by necessity, so one more new one (Zap Gun) rather than it being a replacement of an existing F2 item wouldn't matter for future compatibility since everyone using or modding Et Tu needs to respect all your added protos anyway.

As you say, though, easy enough to just mess around with it myself if need be.

On a different note, I'd love it if your cool Et Tu Zap Gun was someday added to the RPU project as a new weapon/proto, even if it wasn't available normally in-game. Again, I can do it myself, but a) it's yours and b) if it's part of the main RPU rather than a mod, there are less compatibility issues with other/future mods.

I've moved it to a different proto. Still... technically the laser pistol in ettu *is* the Zip-Gun. I've just put a twist on it and turned it into a laser. Simple reason being that nobody would use a 10mm 1-shot Zip-Gun if you already start out with a 10mm Pistol. It simply makes no sense unless you want to gimp yourself on purpose.

Open ddraw.ini and delete the XPTable. Not sure what you want to farm in the game to get to that level, though.

Open ddraw.ini and delete the XPTable. Not sure what you want to farm in the game to get to that level, though.

Just in case...should I just delete XPTable or the WHOLE line with the upcoming numbers (1000,3000,6000) as well? Maybe also the "Player's level is capped once the highest specified level is reached" too?

I kinda liked the "level cap being up to 99" feature in Fallout FIXT so I thought it would be fun to get that here too.

Thanks in advance!

Nah, it unnecessarily bloats up the file size. Players will have to install it manually.

I just tried out Et Tu for the first time after playing previously with fixt.
I'm curious how the AP/JHP ammo issue has been dealt with in Et Tu.
I did an experiment and got a strange result.
I set a 10mm pistol to do exactly 20 damage every time.
Unarmored people take 24 damage from JHP and 22 from AP. Huh?
Dogs (with 10% normal resistance, I think) take 18 from JHP (seems correct) and 17 from AP.

Is there an explanation for the formulas being used? Because this makes little sense to me.

Ettu is always using the latest official Sfall. Extended should also work (I know that some are using it), but I don't know how big the gameplay different are and I can't offer any support for it.

Version 1.6 will be released in a couple days and it's coming with Sfall 4.3.0.1

Noticed in the news that a lot of cut characters have been restored. Curious as to what makes you decide what content is worth bringing back, and which one you feel is better on the cutting room floor.

These characters were easy and I was able to restore them in maybe half an hour each. That doesn't stop me from hating them all, though. It's plain obvious why they were cut in the first place .. I just restored them, because people keep asking me about that stuff and nobody wants to believe me that it's shitty content.

The only restored character that is not complete garbage and has some usefulness about him is Rae. But even here it is plain obvious why he was cut -- it's a way too easy path to deal with the Cathedral. His dialog is not shit, but the whole feature makes the game even easier than it already is.

I was also thinking of restoring "Vasquez Villanova Hernandez Ortega" as a companion for hire in Junktown. It wouldn't be all that hard. But ... again ... what's the point? Junktown is easy, there is no reason to hire a bodyguard for that place. Especially not for 500(!) caps. Now one could argue that Charisma 1 characters with enabled Fo2-style party limit could have a use for hiring him, but ... again ... Junktown can easily be finished without any party members at all. So why waste time on restoring a temporary party member that nobody is going to use anyways.

These characters were easy and I was able to restore them in maybe half an hour each. That doesn't stop me from hating them all, though. It's plain obvious why they were cut in the first place .. I just restored them, because people keep asking me about that stuff and nobody wants to believe me that it's shitty content.

The only restored character that is not complete garbage and has some usefulness about him is Rae. But even here it is plain obvious why he was cut -- it's a way too easy path to deal with the Cathedral. His dialog is not shit, but the whole feature makes the game even easier than it already is.

I was also thinking of restoring "Vasquez Villanova Hernandez Ortega" as a companion for hire in Junktown. It wouldn't be all that hard. But ... again ... what's the point? Junktown is easy, there is no reason to hire a bodyguard for that place. Especially not for 500(!) caps. Now one could argue that Charisma 1 characters with enabled Fo2-style party limit could have a use for hiring him, but ... again ... Junktown can easily be finished without any party members at all. So why waste time on restoring a temporary party member that nobody is going to use anyways.
Does this include that character that makes the Followers good ending impossible to achieve? It always bugs me how the game just gives you the bad ending no matter what you do.

No, this shit remains removed. The good FoA ending is achieved in other ways.

Nicole in the Library and Laura in the Cathedral need to survive.

We are aiming for a v1.6 release this weekend, by the way.

Back