Fallout 2 mod Fallout et tu - Release v1.10

@Lexx
Here is the complete Czech translation of ET TU.
I would be grateful if it could be officially added to the mod.
The translation has been tested several times and everything works.

I intend to continue to provide translation support, so as soon as a new version comes out, I will create a new version of the translation.
If you would be willing to send me the changed texts for the new versions in advance, I will make sure that the translation is completed before the new version is released ;)

Attachments

@Edvin There is no need for manual sending of files.
Got to https://github.com/rotators/Fo1in2 and fork it, then either use GitDesktop or just download the repo manually. Make a new subfolder in the /mods folder with the name of your language as the other translations do (in your case fo1_lang_czech, don't edit fo1_base directly) and just use that as your /data folder. Also, Fallout has no fixed language folders, f.e. if you set language=czech in the fallout.cfg, it searches for your dialogue and stuff in /text/czech, so use that too, no need to override the english original files. Copy/Create/Edit, etc your files as usual and at the end send a pull request to the main repository, done.

Last edited:
Running fresh installation of 1.6 based on instructions.
Quest: Repair Floating Eye
Problem: show that robot is Offine
Bug: game crashes, if PC try to use binocular icon on it

Running fresh installation of 1.6 based on instructions.
Quest: Repair Floating Eye
Problem: show that robot is Offine
Bug: game crashes, if PC try to use binocular icon on it

The eye-bot fixing is a bit gimmicky.
You should try using science skill or repair skill, also
the power in the glow must be restored in order for the bot to power up initially

If you pass the skill checks after using repair and sicence, there's an additional unplesant suprise if you take the bot to the surface. further talk/science/repair on the robot should reveal some battery pack is needed usually I used MFC on the bot and it woke up.

Some error in whatever translation you are using. Missing string -> crash.

There seems to be a bug. I did not talk to Jon before I talk to Raze. I did not get the holddisk while Raze said she did give me. I'm using the latest version of download from https://github.com/rotators/Fo1in2/releases/latest/download/Fallout1in2.zip on Oct 05.
[rant]
so now any bethestard that didn't even played Fallout1 at least once before, to know the game inside out, can claim anything is a bug?
[/rant]

The thing You claim to be a bug is not one. period
Jon Zimmerman is sepose to initiate the need for asking "Razor" not "Raze" for a holodisk, otherwise player has no need to have one.

when dude first arrives in adytum one of the guards sends dude to Jon Zimmerman, because Jon may have a *use* for dude.
when dude approches Jon Zimmerman, Jon tells dude He wants dude to eliminate the Blades gang, for killing his son Josh.
Razor explains Blades dod not Kill Josh Zimmerman (actually Razor and Josh were lovers) It was adytum guards that killed Josh, Razor Hands the holodisk with recordings of radio transmissins as proof that it was the Regulators (adytum guards) that killed Josh to dude, it only happens when dude knows about Jon Zimmerman's son demise, If dude haven't spoken with Jon Zimmerman abiut the job, dude does not know about Josh Zimmerman's death, and does not mention it to Razor, Only get's the quest to Help dispoese of regulators or to get better weapons to Bades (in order to attack adytum).

It is logical, and that's the way it sepose to be. Perhaps there's a dialogue error somewhere, that Razor mentions she gives dude the holodisk while the circumstances are so that she shouldn't.

I just checked her script. She gives the holodisk, but the player has to explicitly ask for it. When she says "here, it's all on this holodisk", that's not enough. At this point in the dialog, the player can still pick dialogue options that lead "away" from getting the holodisk.

tl;dr - unless you explicitly tell her to give the disk and you'll show it to Zimmerman, she will not give it to you.

I just checked her script. She gives the holodisk, but the player has to explicitly ask for it. When she says "here, it's all on this holodisk", that's not enough. At this point in the dialog, the player can still pick dialogue options that lead "away" from getting the holodisk.

tl;dr - unless you explicitly tell her to give the disk and you'll show it to Zimmerman, she will not give it to you.

Oh I see. Thank you so much. That makes sense.

I'm only getting about 5 fps in the character screen and in the caves outside vault 13.
I have a gtx 1060 6gb, amd fx-8350 and 24gb of ram.

Try changing the graphic mode in the ddraw.ini file.
done all that already, even tried emulating in vulkan with dxvk and nothing fixed it... Windows 10 btw
maybe try moving to an ssd.

Edit: it's an issue with ddraw.dll, it's causing massive lag with fallout 2, but it works fine without it.
Except that your mod need ddraw to use fo1 menu content.

Fixed it by disabling vsync in nvidia settings and uncapping the fps.

Last edited:
I'm only getting about 5 fps in the character screen and in the caves outside vault 13.
I have a gtx 1060 6gb, amd fx-8350 and 24gb of ram.
Try setting SingleCore=0 in ddraw.ini

new sfall 4.3.1 sets the affinity to second CPU core if SingleCore=1, and I *do* know amd CPU's have them named differently than Intel ones. Setting SingleCore=0 should allow all cpu cores to operate agin. I have an older Intel CPU and setting SingleCore=1 actually does the same for Me as it does for You. Anyways setting art_cache_size=261 in " fallout2.cfg might help a lot as well, if you have a lower number in there. default values of 64 or less actually slow the game down quite a bit.
If You have at least GB of 8RAM and 2GB GPU You should have the art_cache_size= value set to the sweetspot of 261 megabytes. Fallou:EtTu is a 32Bit game without large adress aware flag set. So in theory the game is not able to use more than 2GB of ram (art_cache_size included). You shouldn't have any problems playing the game, the only thing might be *.ini file settings, or bolstered expectatinons, as a game this old (fallout2 engine) will *probably* never reach 60fps, as it never meant to. :p

Try setting SingleCore=0 in ddraw.ini

new sfall 4.3.1 sets the affinity to second CPU core if SingleCore=1, and I *do* know amd CPU's have them named differently than Intel ones. Setting SingleCore=0 should allow all cpu cores to operate agin. I have an older Intel CPU and setting SingleCore=1 actually does the same for Me as it does for You. Anyways setting art_cache_size=261 in " fallout2.cfg might help a lot as well, if you have a lower number in there. default values of 64 or less actually slow the game down quite a bit.
If You have at least GB of 8RAM and 2GB GPU You should have the art_cache_size= value set to the sweetspot of 261 megabytes. Fallou:EtTu is a 32Bit game without large adress aware flag set. So in theory the game is not able to use more than 2GB of ram (art_cache_size included). You shouldn't have any problems playing the game, the only thing might be *.ini file settings, or bolstered expectatinons, as a game this old (fallout2 engine) will *probably* never reach 60fps, as it never meant to. :p

I already fixed it, just had to disable vsync and my fps cap I had in my nvidia settings.

If you pass the skill checks after using repair and sicence, there's an additional unplesant suprise if you take the bot to the surface. further talk/science/repair on the robot should reveal some battery pack is needed usually I used MFC on the bot and it woke up.

I tried both energy and fusion cells and nothing happened, also tried using a radio...

uh.. Spoonfeeding time...

You actually need to restore the power in the facility ( a.k.a. fix the generator on lvl. 6 of Glow, in order to wake up the robot. there are additional checks for repair and science ( you need to use theese skills on the robot). i the robot doesn't activate after all that it means your skill is too low. Robot should activate, and you shoud be able to bring it with you. the battery / MFC is needed, once you'll get a *unpleasant* suprise, after climbing up the rope from level 1 to the surface wih the robot in party ( same way you came down), as it is then when the robot looses power agin, because it is no longer powered by the west-tek facility. You'll then need to switch power source, but that happens after you fix it and bring it to the surface with you...

uh.. Spoonfeeding time...
The reason I quoted your second spoiler is because I already did all that and the robot is outside.. what you see in the log is trying to use Science, trying to use Repair (both over 120%), trying to Talk, using Small Energy Cell, using Microfusion Cell (both saying "That does nothing."), I just didn't inspect because it crashes the game.
KZPdI3d.png

Back