Fallout 2 mod Fallout et tu - Release v1.10

Well, just happened that my vault was invaded because I reached the 500 days (I'm circa 17 june 2163. I suppose It's actually 350 because I paid the water merchants to deliver water). Why is this enabled by default? Neither vanilla game has the invation timer at 500 (It's at 13 years). I should have checked the config .ini better, but timer for invasions isn't a thing that someone would bother tweaking. I would just use the debug console, but I write it down just in case this happened to someone too.

(It's at 13 years)
It's not. That's just the regular "Game Over" screen.

The mod is out for almost 3 years now and timers weren't changed ever since. You are the first one to mention the 500 days. :>

It's not. That's just the regular "Game Over" screen.

The mod is out for almost 3 years now and timers weren't changed ever since. You are the first one to mention the 500 days. :>
So are you implying that vanilla fallout has this 500 days timer? I don't really remember if I ever played till 500 days ingame, but today, on Fallout et tu, I've triggered the invasion for the first time. I can't say for sure but I think that the 500 days timer on Fallout 1 vanilla was deleted and changed for the 13 years. Nevertheless, this is a mod for fallout 2 so I suppose it can't be extrapolated. Next save I will just set the invasion to 0 and it will be K

A more serious problem is that I only have seen the fallout 2 weapons a couple of times, I hadn't bought them when I saw them and now the vendors don't sell it anymore. It happened specifically with pancock Pancor Jackhammer (Vance sold it and I only saw it once) and FN FAL (Zac sold it and I saw it twice). Are these weapons only sold once and at specifically level or how it is supposed to work? Thank you beforehand

So are you implying that vanilla fallout has this 500 days timer? I don't really remember if I ever played till 500 days ingame, but today, on Fallout et tu, I've triggered the invasion for the first time. I can't say for sure but I think that the 500 days timer on Fallout 1 vanilla was deleted and changed for the 13 years.
FO1 has a 500 days timer in the script in version 1.0, it got removed in later updates. Et tu just restores the timer and makes it settable.
The 13 years time limit is in the engine due to how the game time is stored.

The stronger Fallout 2 weapons are rare and show up only randomly. It's done this way, because most of them are easily outperforming the vanilla weapons, even with tweaks. It's a "get them while they're hot" kinda deal. Later in the game you can pay 10k bottle caps to the gun runners, which will dramatically increase the spawn chance of the new weapons.

Hello. This maybe little off-topic but I wanted to ask why did you choose to install mods using the "LoadPatchOrder" (ddraw.ini option) instead of just put them in "mods" folder (for instance, UPU/RPU have their mods just scattered in mod folder and they work. And other mods like fo2tweaks, team orders, inventory filter, don't point this feature on their installation instructions). There's some advantage in doing it or It's just a matter of organization? Would you recommend to use this method instead of just scattering all mods in mods folder?

Hello. This maybe little off-topic but I wanted to ask why did you choose to install mods using the "LoadPatchOrder" (ddraw.ini option) instead of just put them in "mods" folder (for instance, UPU/RPU have their mods just scattered in mod folder and they work. And other mods like fo2tweaks, team orders, inventory filter, don't point this feature on their installation instructions). There's some advantage in doing it or It's just a matter of organization? Would you recommend to use this method instead of just scattering all mods in mods folder?
I don’t know the answer to your question, but it seems like the ideal way to deal with mods is a blend of both systems: .dat packed mods in the \mods\ folder, with the option to specify load order in either ddraw.ini or a new mods-load order.ini in the \mods\ folder. The current system used by UPU/RPU, where load order precendece is in descending alphabetical order, is like an old pre-weidu throwback from the IE modding days. We need a way to easily specify load order without adopting silly file names, while keeping the elegance of the mod folder and .dat loading.

also, since I’m ranting; a programmatic way to expand and modify *.LST files rather than last one loaded dominates.

Because I hate it when mods load automatically. IMO it's a dumb feature and forces players who have no idea about what they are doing to shuffle files around in random folders. It is easier to have them enable shit in a central file.

Also ettu comes with mods that potentially conflict with each other or only work under special circumstances (high screen resolution / interface changes), which can't be controlled via script.

What an amazing mod! I really like the idea of implementing motorcycle, but I don't want it for free. I would like to earn it, like the Highwayman in F2. Do you receive it from the beginning or will it take effort to get one?

What an amazing mod! I really like the idea of implementing motorcycle, but I don't want it for free. I would like to earn it, like the Highwayman in F2. Do you receive it from the beginning or will it take effort to get one?
There are few ways to get it, but either one requires proficiency in a weapon skill, the honest way may require dealing with a particulary nasty critter if undergeared, and no it's not from the start

There are few ways to get it, but either one requires proficiency in a weapon skill, the honest way may require dealing with a particulary nasty critter if undergeared, and no it's not from the start

Thank you for not saying straightforward how and where to get it, but still in the way that is answering my question. I'm now hyped about my next Fallout playthrough, this time on a motorcycle.

Just wait till You discover Last Hope mod.. You're probably going to have to ask the Last Hope developers themselves to find out anything about it, cause there's very little info on that mod on the web, besides maybe some part of the quests was walked through in certain video series, but afaik it's the only source of info on Last Hope mod mod outside of the devs, and this source is far from beeing complete.
Anyways Probably any fallout mod that has no walkthrough yet is possibly the opportunity to struggle with the urge to sleep when you realise it's like 4am :D

Just wait till You discover Last Hope mod.. You're probably going to have to ask the Last Hope developers themselves to find out anything about it, cause there's very little info on that mod on the web, besides maybe some part of the quests was walked through in certain video series, but afaik it's the only source of info on Last Hope mod mod outside of the devs, and this source is far from beeing complete.
Anyways Probably any fallout mod that has no walkthrough yet is possibly the opportunity to struggle with the urge to sleep when you realise it's like 4am :D
Never heard of it, but sounds interesting. Is it like expansion to Fallout 2 or brand new story?
I will add it to my "promising Fallout mods" list, right next to 1.5 Resurrection, Fallout of Nevada, Sonora and Yesterday.

I mean, it's not that hard to get the bike, but there's other "issues" to deal with instead. Personally I'm quite happy about how it fits into the game without ruining the balance.

I mean, it's not that hard to get the bike, but there's other "issues" to deal with instead. Personally I'm quite happy about how it fits into the game without ruining the balance.
First of all, I would like to thank you for this mod, this is how Fallout should have been released from the beginning.

I have a question. Have you restored/fixed some quests that were cut out? Like the one in the Hub, which made it impossible to get good ending in this city?
(please try to answer without spoiling too much, if that is the case)

Overall, have you ever considered implementing your own quests/locations/NPCs (maybe rewriting the ones you brought back in the last release?) and make expansion/DLC to F1 in the process? Something like "Clan Quest Mod" to Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines (I know this is a different game, but I guess most of the people here are familiar with it for obvious reasons).

Never heard of it, but sounds interesting. Is it like expansion to Fallout 2 or brand new story?
I will add it to my "promising Fallout mods" list, right next to 1.5 Resurrection, Fallout of Nevada, Sonora and Yesterday.

Last Hope is probably the oldest Fo2 total conversion mod a.k.a own story/timeline, to date. It started when there was no sfall yet, however due to unknown reasons, it hasn't got much press around it( neither good nor bad, i mean any press at all), perhaps because it's missing a little bit of polish, or an other unknown reason.. anyways[/offtop]

If you wanna know more head on to Last Hope's thread. I'ts not quite as active as this one, but sooner or later you might het your answers..

I have a question. Have you restored/fixed some quests that were cut out? Like the one in the Hub, which made it impossible to get good ending in this city?
(please try to answer without spoiling too much, if that is the case)

Yes, lots of fixes and stuff.

Overall, have you ever considered implementing your own quests/locations/NPCs (maybe rewriting the ones you brought back in the last release?) and make expansion/DLC to F1 in the process? Something like "Clan Quest Mod" to Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines (I know this is a different game, but I guess most of the people here are familiar with it for obvious reasons).

I have ideas for post-endgame content, but just no time to do any of that.

Back