Fallout 2 mod Fallout et tu - Release v1.10

You can likely just update your files and the savegame should work fine. Of the top of my head there shouldn't be anything that conflicts since the 1.6 update.

Generally the tougher humans setting also likely only has marginal influence on most people. The most obvious thing will be that you don't 1-hit kill raiders in encounters anymore, because now they have more than just 30hp.

There is still at least one big thing that I want to finish for v1.8, but not sure yet when that will happen.

Did as you said, working fine!

Yeah I noticed the raiders, nicely beefy now.

Oh hey, thoughts came to me:

1. Any chance you get the interface modified so that we can use Tell-Me-Abouts with party members? Right now it seems like party member Tell-Me-Abouts only work if they're hired, and because the Companion Options button replaces it, obviously you can't use Tell-Me-Abouts.

2. Apparently, the NPC Companions have weird skill tags. Ian has a bit of Big Gun skill, Katja has both Big Guns and Energy Weapons skill. It's pretty curious for Ian and Katja to have those skills. Could it be that the devs originally meant for those sprites to have full anims and the two of them to be able to use those weapons?

If I remember right, the mod has options to enable the companions to use more weapon-sprites - as they now use the extra player sprites (Long Hair Dude, Player Punk Girl and Player Bald Dude). I think it would be interesting to have a fast option that enables Ian and Katja to use those weapons somehow and make them level up those skills. Essentially, both alter the sprites defines and alter the NPC mod to make them get these skills.

Not sure how to do it balanced, tho - maybe Ian can use Big Guns but with less accuracy than his Small Guns, while Katja can use energy? Would it be too cheesy for Katja to use the energy rifles? Would both changes depower Tycho?

I was thinking allow Katja only to use energy pistols through the pistol sprite (because she's kinda weak in strength AFAIK), maybe allow Ian to use Large Rifle (Flamer) and Minigun sprites?

(obviously their dialogue would need to be modified, too)

Not all party members have all animations. You can enable some more, but not everything. Ian for example does not have more animations in his default form (black jacket, blue pants). If you equip all of them in combat or power armor it works, but that's the exception. For balance and style reasons, I strongly suggest to not change it, though.

About the tag skills, Ian only has 16% big guns. It shouldn't be shown on the interface at all. Katja has 18% big guns, same deal. However, Katja will gain points in energy weapons at level 2, so she is later able to use energy / plasma / pulse pistols.

About the TMA for party members, that's not going to happen. There is just not enough space on the interface and it will look odd.

@Gizmojunk
If You want companions to be stronger then add them some perks in sfall-mods.ini the standard 0 and 73 are only awareness and gecko skinning.. i can tell you that mutt shines with slayer bonus hth attacks and 3x bonus hth damage up to super mutants with guns, or for Katia Ian and Tycho modify bullet spread in ddraw.ini to shoot in straight line, add them Sniper BRoF perks ( works when you take them) plus some nice burst weapons HK-P90c
(one can be found in lvl5 Glow, and the other iehter random cave or Gunrunerrs)
for Ian and Katja plus assault rifle (expanded mag) for Tycho, and they are all set up. this plus min max powegaming to break into the bos armory for those extra PA's, then a trip to Miles in boneyard, and your ultramarnes can take down anything, no need for big guns and energy weapons.
This is my standard list of usefull perks for party members.. just copy paste to apropriate section of sfall-mods.ini
0,73,1,2,2,2,3,3,4,4,5,8,8,8,9,14,14,21,23,24,25,35,35,35,38,42,48,79,97,101,102,106
remember they only work in
[Control Combat]
Mode=2
and they only show up once you take'em yourself. so only some of them might fit in that 7 perk limit of Fo1 if you play legit so choose wisely..

@Lexx
If gizmo wants the TMA feature so badly, then perhaps it can be triggered via dialogue line instead of a button? simply put: You'd add extra dialogue line when npc is in the party, that says "Tell me about.." and when one clicks it, the line triggers tell me about window... could this hack be possible? If so, then why not?

Last edited:
Dialog options are a completely different interface from which we can't trigger the TMA interface without ugly workarounds. Also, moving the TMA button somewhere else simply doesn't look good. It's inconsistent and bleh.

Does this include all of Sduibek's meticulously covered fixes?

There were a lot of bugs in the original Fallout and a number of mods that fixed them; unfortunately many also introduced gameplay changes, rather than following strictly killap's line of publishing an exclusively bugfixing unofficial patch. Does this mod implement all those fixes?

Does this include all of Sduibek's meticulously covered fixes?

There were a lot of bugs in the original Fallout and a number of mods that fixed them; unfortunately many also introduced gameplay changes, rather than following strictly killap's line of publishing an exclusively bugfixing unofficial patch. Does this mod implement all those fixes?

I guess I also meant the mechanical gameplay bugs killap fixed. Are they implemented in this game?

There are no too-many-items-bug, etc?

There are many cut content...

Factions Like the Vipers, Jackals, Thinker Nightkins, S Lanter, Rippers.

Many Npcs like Rae a supermutant that join player the battle against the master or quests and Npcs for the Factions above.

Planed Invasions for every city by supermutants, a traitor in brotherhood and a fight brotherhood against supermutants.

Critters Like Viper Snakes and Racoons.

Too bad someone who's experienced with modding never dedicated himself to restoring that content.
Except the invasions, none of that stuff is in Fixt and we have barely information about it. If someone would recreate it, then it'd be 98% fan fiction.

Correct me if I am wrong, but some of the mentioned have sprites, lines, etc...

Too bad someone who's experienced with modding never dedicated himself to restoring that content.
Too bad you aren't learning how to make mods and do it yourself.

I talked often enough about the cut content. It barely exists and what exists is terrible quality. Recreating any of that basicallly means to completely make shit up, like my quote above says.

That said, adding the Vipers, Jackals, and Rippers back into Fo1 makes no sense, as canon-wise they are gone. Morpheus is one of the last surviving Rippers, and the Vipers have been exterminated by the Brotherhood. Those factions are gone and in the past.

We know the least about the Jackals, so they would have the highest chance to make a come-back. However, since we know the least about them ... everything added back into the game related to them is just fan fiction.

The Thinker Nightkins cut-content is already back in the game, but you have to enable mutant invasions and let the Boneyard die. Now here is a surprise: They have no purpose at all. They have like 10 dialog lines and they just walk around in the library map. Yay, awesome cut-content!

etc. etc. I'm starting to repeat myself.

Last edited:
Hey there. I installed Et Tu, following all the instructions, and when I was about to boot it up, I get the High-Res conflict text. If I disable the High Res patch by Mash. If I choose to disable it, there's no HR patch at all, I can't select resolution in settings, it goes to the default 640. If I choose no, and disable the other hi-res in the ddraw.ini, then I can choose the resolution settings in-game, and change it, I have to quit the game and boot it up again for the changes to be applied, but I still can't use the window mode even if I select it. What could cause this problem? Or is there no chance for me to play window mode at all anyway?

If I choose no, and disable the other hi-res in the ddraw.ini, then I can choose the resolution settings in-game, and change it, I have to quit the game and boot it up again for the changes to be applied, but I still can't use the window mode even if I select it.
Check "Mode" setting under [Graphics] section in ddraw.dll. By default et tu uses sfall DX9 fullscreen mode.
You can either use sfall DX9 windowed mode, or disable sfall DX9 mode to use the windowed mode from Mash's HRP.

Check "Mode" setting under [Graphics] section in ddraw.dll. By default et tu uses sfall DX9 fullscreen mode.
You can either use sfall DX9 windowed mode, or disable sfall DX9 mode to use the windowed mode from Mash's HRP.

Thanks. I was staring to try to read the dll, downloaded Visual Studio, but before dabbled too far into it I rechecked the ddraw.ini in VS and found the lines I needed.

@SorgFall how about creating something like a prequel for Fallout 1 where the story of the cut content is explained?
I'd be glad to help you learn modding.

Update: I fixed this problem by adding "ddraw.dll" to library overrides in winecfg. Without this override, Sfall doesn't load, and thus mods that rely on Sfall don't load as well.
Then I edited "ddraw.ini"; specifically I changed the line "SingleCore=1" to "SingleCore=0" because the game ran to choppy and laggy.
Now everything works flawlessly. Although animations seem to be faster in comparison to vanilla Fallout 1.

Fallout Et Tu (Fallout1in2) either can't load/load text fonts or loads vanilla Fallout 2 in Debian GNU/Linux 11.

Code:
wine version: wine-5.0.3 (Debian 5.0.3-3)
Fallout 1 version: GOG, Interplay 1.2 White Label version, with the Fallout 1 High Resolution Patch version 4.1.8.
Fallout 2 version: GOG, Interplay 1.02 version, pre-patched with sfall version 3.2 and the Fallout 2 high resolution patch version 4.1.8.
Fallout Et Tu version: Fallout1in2 v1.7.2828

So, my course of action:
1. Did a fresh install of Fallout 1 GOG and Fallout 2 GOG.
2. Downloaded ZIP archive from Fallout1in2 github.
3. Extracted it to Fallout 2 folder as written in the readme file for the mod.
4. Running "undat.exe" does nothing, so I ran "undat shell script" instead with this command:
Code:
bash undat period sh /home/USERNAME/.wine/drive_c/games/Fallout/MASTER.DAT
5. The shell script unpacked a lot of files into /Fallout2/Fallout1in2/data directory.
6. After it finished unpacking, I ran "Fallout2.exe" in Fallout1in2 folder and... it showed me an error, "Couldn't find/load text."
7. I've encountered this problem before when running Fixt and vanilla Fallout 2. So I opened "Fallout2.cfg" to see where critter_dat, critter_patches, master_dat and master_patches point:
Code:
critter_dat=..\critter.dat
critter_patches=data
<...>
master_dat=..\master.dat
master_patches=data
8. So I changed these lines to full paths, like this:
Code:
critter_dat=/home/USERNAME/.wine/drive_c/games/Fallout 2/critter.dat
critter_patches=/home/USERNAME/.wine/drive_c/games/Fallout 2/Fallout1in2/data
<...>
master_dat=/home/USERNAME/.wine/drive_c/games/Fallout 2/master.dat
master_patches=/home/USERNAME/.wine/drive_c/games/Fallout 2/Fallout1in2/data
9. What can possibly go wrong?
10.. Now when I run "Fallout2.exe", it loads vanilla Fallout 2.

I don't know what to do now.

Wish I could provide you with more info, but I'm an inexperienced Debian user, so I just don't know where to look.

Last edited:
No, it won't. et tu installs itself in a subfolder, it won't affect any data in your main Fallout 2 folder.

Back