Fallout 2 mod Fallout et tu - Release v1.10

This likely sounds like a very noobish question but...how to download from the repository? It seems like I have to download each file for this mod separately which takes plenty of time. Is there a way to download the whole lastest version from there in one go?

Spoonfeeding time...

Here

Be sure to download and instal latest TortoiseSVN beforehand

Minor bug report from my recent playthrough: The flavor text "In the corner of the room is a rat-sized tunnel..." from the meeting room in Vault 15 doesn't appear there anymore. Instead, it appeared when I entered the library in Vault 13 - so we have a bit of a mix up here...

Also: The two quests from Vault 15 ("Search for clues..." and "Search for a Water Chip" are still active although I cleared Vault 15 completely. I'm in Junktown and only noticed this now, so I sadly don't know if those quests never did crossed out or reactivated themselves somehow - although I "think" they were crossed out before. (I closed the rat burrow right before leaving in case the script here could have messed something up...)

Last edited:
The V15 quests were re-activated on every map enter. This stuff is fixed now. Also committed some other tiny fixes.

The V15 quests were re-activated on every map enter. This stuff is fixed now. Also committed some other tiny fixes.

Thanks for the fixes. Does this update mean that You're back to Fo1 port stuff?

EDIT:
I'd also like to note, I've found some problems regarding unconventional use of sfall-mods.ini and gl_partycontrol.int

Thing is when i add certain perks to be also given to my party NPC ( so far tested on Katja, Ian, Tycho and Dogmeat) they get overlapping bonuses from those perks (perks like Bonus HtH Damage and More Criticals tend to get added up until engine limitations probably on game or map reload). This way I end up with party NPCs with 100% crit chance and waaay over 200 in melee damage secondary stat. This might be true for other classic Fallout games and mods using Fallout2 engine and the sfall option to add certain specific perks. It is possible this bug affects other perks/stats as well, I just noticed melee damage and crit chance. This might be true for better criticals and other statistics bumping perks however.

I know this isn't a major thing on the fix list, wether for @Lexx or @NovaRain , since most players don't use this feature anyway, however this feature is present for use and it is malfunctioning. Unfortuneatly i did not have the time to test this on other Fallout2 engine based games, so i can't tell You all if it's a Fo et tu only issue or general problem with npc perk shareing feature.

EDIT#2 when NPC levels up this overlaping bonus seemes to be reseted
however after npc reaches max level the bonuses tend to stack up too high.

Last edited:
Thanks for the fixes. Does this update mean that You're back to Fo1 port stuff?

Not really. It was just some quick fixes + stuff I had sitting around already for a while.

About the perk stuff I can't really do anything. This is way out of my league.

Great mod! It feels so good to have the ability to push Ian out of the way. My life is at peace!

Anyways, I've repaired and reprogrammed the Mr Handy robot, however it appears to only engage with melee. I'm confused by this since through dialogue it states it is proficient with energy weapons and the minigun, however through combat control it claims small guns to be its speciality. Ultimately, it is neither of these as it closes in for melee. Would you mind adding some clarity to this?

Unless it's just me?

Additionally, just reiterating an earlier commenter, V13 flashing NPC bug still exists FYI. Thought it was just me until I read how he/she also got it.

(Also who is Griffith? Is there another companion I don't know about?)

Again, awesome mod. Looking forward to help catch some bugs. Rock on. :)

Griffith can be found in Necropolis at the Watershed. It's not a companion - you'll see what he is about once you get there.

The flashing NPCs is a known issue, should be even in vanilla Fo1. Not sure yet when I'll start fixing this.

Did you give the Mr. Handy robot the right weapons? Also checked his companion ai settings?

Did you give the Mr. Handy robot the right weapons? Also checked his companion ai settings?

What exactly are the right weapons that it can use? I have given it everything under the wasteland sun with no avail. The companion AI settings wont let me select custom settings either, and even under any of the prepackaged behaviour options the Mr. Handy refuses to use a weapon.

Is there something I am missing? I believe I used repair on it to fix it up, then science to restore its AI, and through dialogue I believe I reprogrammed its AI to become my follower. Was there something I missed?

If this seems to be a unique case, then I can upload my save file for you to have a look at?

Sure, upload it somewhere and I take a look.

/Edit: Should be fixed now.

Last edited:
Griffith can be found in Necropolis at the Watershed. It's not a companion - you'll see what he is about once you get there.

The flashing NPCs is a known issue, should be even in vanilla Fo1. Not sure yet when I'll start fixing this.

is Griffith the model of the vehicle or the name of ghoul selling it, or is there something else that i've completely missed there?

Early yesterday I've completed the rev. 775/776 full playthrough of the game. two things that I've noticed are:

1. The locked lockers and footlockers in Brotherhood (mainly 3rd floor) throw out a weird message (instead of "error.") after the script change to Fo2 version. Conditions to occour same as previously one has to lockpick the container *before* finding out it was locked by trying to open it. If done in the order: aproach container>try to open it>get "it's locked" message>use lockpick skill on container the weird message does *not* show up. I have a screenshot of that message somwhere, so if You would like to see the message in notification box, I can upload it, but only if You're interested seeing it.

2.Mr.Handy couldn't select a weapon in combat control menu by pressing use best weapon button. I gave him Bozar and he has a Minigun. (He does have the animations for them) I manually entered combat mode with control combat=2 in sfall-mods.ini , switched to Mr.Handy equipped it with both above mentioned weapons. And the robot indeed can use them, However it's combat ai behaviour was a mess ( i assume it's fixed now since there was an update regarding this). the inability to select a weapon by button might be due to switching body type from robotic to quadrupled (Since this body type can't use any weapons same way as robotic body type can't be stolen from).

3. both location on worldmap and quest name to flush out raiders from "Irwin's" farm is called "Irwine's farm". Now i don't know wether You were suggested by German women's name "Irwine" (as the person giving the quest is a man, not a woman and Irwin is an american man's name), or You were distracted by game's cut out content a.k.a location Irwine also known as "Utopia" where Player was sepose to visit Black Isle/Interplay production studio in the town called Irwine. More details on the wiki.

Additionally for Sduibek's Fixt 0.90 prebeta on Fo1 Engine i've succesfully begged out of Sduibek and @.Pixote. animations of Flamethrower for Mr.Handy. I know that flamer for Mr.Handy is a bit Bethestardish. However it was weird that the robot had BigGun/Big Energy Weapons animation frames, yet only used it for Laser Rifle and (turbo)/Plasma Rifle. It had also Big Guns Rifle fiering animations but for no use in Fo1 since there was no such weapon. So since the skill was there natively and weapon holding frames were there there were only no flamer animations attack. @.Pixote. managed to create such frames and Sduibek added them in to 0.90 prebeta Fo1 engine. Could it become true for Fo et tu as well?

EDIT:

Is it ok to get the Metal Armor after ending the fight with Garl regardless of wether we kill him or not? (with ArmorDestroyMod =1 ofcourse) You've stated that Player shouldn't get the armor since the reward is getting Tandi free. However a script spawns Garl's stuff in player inventory including Garl's Metal Armor regardless of whether player kills Garl or just knocks him out/forces him to forfiet the fight.

Right now fighting one-on-one and killing Garl is the hardest & most rewarding way of proceeding with Tandi quest. You get 450 exp. pts. ( -50 pts for killing one raider- Garl) after leaving raiders with Tandi (but you also get exp for killing Garl and all of his earthly belongings including Metal Armor regardless of whether Garl is killed or not).

Last edited:
The Mr. Handy flamer animation looks pretty ugly and unfinished, though (I couldn't find it in the Fixt folder, so I downloaded it from the thread). I've added it anyway now. Maybe @.Pixote. can go over it again some day. (The problem is a lack of frames. There are only 3 or 4 and the last one still has the flame showing, which means the critter is frozen in that frame until the burning critter animation has finished.)

"Irwine Farm" was written like that in the base files. I kept the name because of that. Changed it now.

I didn't want to believe it, but "Quadruped" body type really doesn't allow equipping weapons in the companion interface. I've changed it back to "Robotic" now ... which means players won't be able to steal from Mr. Handy anymore, but whatever. Maybe some day there will be an Sfall addition for that.

Last edited:
the Irwine is a cut out location codenamed "Utopia". Sduibek was probably trying to fiddle with it but eigther He tried to bring it back or He did not get the idea behind the map, and figured it's just Irwin's Farm. The NPC name in Hub downtown clearly states "Irwin" not "Irwine".

No stealing from Mr.Handy isn't really such a big issue now that talking and trading with it is enabled. Not that it's uterly practical to pack him with stuff, since it's almost end game, He probably needs smoe more ammo or Avenger/ Bozar if one has it.

Yeah.. one other thing. I couldn't for the life of me force the worldmap to reveal Military Base and Cathedral. I had to get there by wandering. Nicole's dialog was tinkered a bit I think, so that now she doesn't reveal Cathedral, and Cathedral vault computers don't reveal Military Base on the map (they only say "You found an interesting file on a base northwest") which is awkward. This could be probem especially for newbs since they only know to travel northwest of brotherhood to find something. If one doesn't actually know where to go, then not knowing where Military Base is might be problematic.

EDIT
Saw the update.. nvm to what i said earlier about my other suggestions/reports from my previous posts.. You did factored them in just haven't mentioned them in post.

I assume that Garl's Armor is considered destroyed also when player beat's the sh!t out of garl but doesn't manage to kill him, but only forfiet the fight. after such a heavy beating armor shoudl be considered as non usable too. It's a darn shame that armors get destroyed and not converted to wrecked armor which could be fixed by a skilled armorer. on the other hand there is no such armorer in the game, perhaps except gun runners, although there would be no point in dragging all this junk to that late of a game.

Additionally I don't know if it's just me but after gaining a discount from Zack (Gun Runners shopkeeper) the stuff get's more expensive ( i don't know wether it was my setup 200% barter and Master Trader perk) I got two "discounts" from Zack one afer accepting the job to kill deathclaws ( first price increase) and a second "discount" after completeing the job (the "can i get even more discount" line. Both times prices went up, instead of going down. Although it was still possible to shoplift, since price went up from like 48xx$ to 53xx$ for combat armor after both "discounts" applied.

Speaking of Barter prices, Mrs Stapleton has problems keeping the price above 100% item value too. although she is on the very bad side of the problem her prices can drop even to 50% of the item value which is *really* bad. I'm *not* taking ofcourse about legit playthrough, however "cheats" with a reasonable limitations of the game CH 10, 200% Barter and Master Trader perk. This something achivable with certain builds, so it should not be treated lightly.

Last edited:
I am pretty sure Nicole never revealed the Cathedral? There is nothing in the (vanilla) code that hints at that.
Not sure what the issue with the Cathedral terminal to reveal Mariposa is, but I restructured the code anyway, just in case.

Don't know what's up with Zack and the barter discount. If you talk to him, the barter modifier is -15. If you ask about a discount, it is set to 15 if the deathclaws are killed, or 5 the quest to kill the deathclaws is currently running.
I know too little about the barter system to make anything up with that. For me, code wise, it looks fine.

I am pretty sure Nicole never revealed the Cathedral? There is nothing in the (vanilla) code that hints at that.
Not sure what the issue with the Cathedral terminal to reveal Mariposa is, but I restructured the code anyway, just in case.

Don't know what's up with Zack and the barter discount. If you talk to him, the barter modifier is -15. If you ask about a discount, it is set to 15 if the deathclaws are killed, or 5 the quest to kill the deathclaws is currently running.
I know too little about the barter system to make anything up with that. For me, code wise, it looks fine.

In Fo1 after speaking with Nicole (all possible dialogue options) i always got Cathedral revealed on the worldmap. Same with computers inside cathedral vault and science skill. Problem is it isn't the case in Fo:et tu.

As for the discounts it's self explanatory it's a bug with what you've just wrote. Negative barter modifier means discount (Actually no any value beow "1" that inclludes those below "0" is a shoplifting value where prices drop below nominal value), and positive barter modifier means increased prices by %. Just make sure that total barter modifier after counting in all possible discounts ( town rep. group rep. CH, Barter, Master Trader perk etc.) the barter modifier doesn't drop below 1 or beow zero. as then the Shoplifting begins.

EDIT:
basically Barter modifier is a % value how much base prices are multiplied by ( or divided if total barter modifier value is less than 1) remember i.e. 0,5=1 / 2.

EDIT2:
Just so you know: the initial barter modifier should be positive value a lot higher than 15. Since Master Trader drops prices by 25% so it reduces current barter mod by decrementing 25 from barter mod. hence to overcome atleast master trader *and* quest discounts for Zack the barter mod should beat least 42 as in 42% increased prices. Although this needs to be further increased to overcome CH and Barter skill modifiers if player decides to buff them. faction and town reputation also seemes to have an ipmact on prices, generally.

Last edited:
In Fo1 after speaking with Nicole (all possible dialogue options) i always got Cathedral revealed on the worldmap.

Can't be. There is nothing in the script that marks the Cathedral on the worldmap. Unless this is hardcoded in the engine, but I kinda doubt it in this case.

I took another look at the barter modifiers and if negative means better prices and positive worse... then all barter modifiers are wrong. They are taken 1:1 from Fo1, though, which now makes me wonder if the barter formula was different in the first game. Mrs. Stapleton's books were super expensive in my Fo1 savegame (~1000 caps), but in the last public alpha of Fo1in2, the prices are all somewhere around ~200.
As far as I can see, this shit needs a serious overhaul.

Just so you know: the initial barter modifier should be positive value a lot higher than 15. Since Master Trader drops prices by 25% so it reduces current barter mod by decrementing 25 from barter mod. hence to overcome atleast master trader *and* quest discounts for Zack the barter mod should beat least 42 as in 42% increased prices. Although this needs to be further increased to overcome CH and Barter skill modifiers if player decides to buff them. faction and town reputation also seemes to have an ipmact on prices, generally.

That will make him extremely expensive for anyone who doesn't invest in these perks or puts less than god knows how many skill points into the barter skill.

Last edited:
As far as I can see, this shit needs a serious overhaul.

I agree.

That will make him extremely expensive for anyone who doesn't invest in these perks or puts less than god knows how many skill points into the barter skill.

I aint hell-bent on this. Just was proposing a shortest way to circumvent the barter price sh!thole the game is currently at. But as You said this sh!t needs serious overhaul. and it would be good if prices would not be out of balance for any kind of character *even* those barter oriented or those *enhanced* within game's limitations.

And indeed barter formulae in Fo1 engine was different. Just bare in mind that at least in Fo1 *nothing* could be more expensive than 10x nominal value. Still very expensive but not impossible to purchase anyway. It would mean that Stimpack (priced nominally 100 caps in Fo1) would cost 1000 caps per piece. Leather Armor would be 8000 caps. Problem in Fo1 engine was the barter formula, since for most shopkeepers the difference between 10x nominal price and a price below 100% nominal value was usually far less than 100 skillpoints invested in barter. I tested it by pumping up shopkeepers's barter skill. Because without doing that they were already sh!t close to below 100% value borderline, and sometimes prices dropped even below 100% nomnial value, with like 9% Barter and CH=2 just had to do few quests in town to get reputation barter modifier.

EDIT :
I saw You already work on barter scripts..
don't forget about those:
barter.int ; The Barterman from Shady Sands
HBeth.int ; Beth who runs the general store in the Hub
Armory.int ; merchant for the Armory Store
ArmsDeal.int ; Jake the Arms Dealer in the Hub

Last edited:
Small thing: I don't remember if this is exclusive to this mod or already in FO1 vanilla, but it would be nice if Ian would only explain the stores in the Hub ONCE and not every single time I walk into them. :)

Edit: Also, I found a gap in a sewer map in Necropolis: (where the cursor is)

26o5ENy.png

Last edited:
Thanks for that 1128×835px graphic, I wouldn't have seen it otherwise. :>

PS: That gab isn't there for me. Everything looks correct.

Ha, sorry. I'm on a new monitor with a quite big resolution and play the game upscaled, so it's not an ant farm simulator. Didn't account for that when taking the screenshot. :)

On topic: Hm, that's strange. Can a map somehow get "corrupted" this way?

Edit: Small bug update: The Guardian of Forever special encounter can pop up more than one time on the map, which makes little sense.

Last edited:
Back