Fallout 2 mod Fallout et tu - Release v1.10

Yeah, it's a bug. The code runs too early and thus the changed setting won't be in effect yet. Fixed with the next release.

To get around this, you can set the IRONMAN_MODE variable in \mods\fo1_base\data\Vault13.gam manually.

Thank you for the response! Are there any other settings like it that are currently affected with the bug? I'd like to tweak any settings before starting my new game. I think I found that the Fo2-style morning rest option (8:00AM) does not work either.

On a somewhat unrelated note, I saw an older comment here about a user having issues because of the DisableHorrigan setting in ddraw.ini being set to 0. When tweaking my settings, I found it being set to 0 in mine, even though I just installed the mod. Should I set this setting to 1?

Last edited:
Fo2-style morning rest option works. You have to restart the game, save, restart the game again. There is no other solution for this right now.

DisableHorrigan MUST be set to 1. This will never be 0 by default unless you have fiddled with the files in some way.

I can confirm that the DisableHorrigan field was set to 0 by default, since I downloaded the mod (using the latest changelog link in page 1) and only messed with the f1_settings file, plus the resolution in ddraw.ini. I have not even started a game as of right now.

Anyway, thank you for the information! I'll try out the mod now that I got confirmation that the other settings work.

Strange, I have deleted the mod and re-installed it again, and the field was set to 1 as expected.

I am sure I did not mess with the field, since I only tweaked the fo1_settings fields, the resolution in the f2_res file (to test setting it to my native resolution with X2 scaling), and the enabled/disabled extra patches in ddraw.ini.

EDIT: Nevermind, I think I was looking at the ddraw.ini. Whoops :confused:

Last edited:
I hope this is the right place to post this because I have not been here for years. Anyway.......
Almost every year since FO1 came out I have done a play through. In recent years I go through the series. I play 1,2, tactics, (sometimes 3) and of course New Vegas. I hate 4 and abandoned it halfway through. I had always hoped that FO1 would either be ported to the FO2 engine or perhaps the Van-Buren engine but I thought this was pie in the sky and if some one did do it it would be a buggy mess. Wow was I wrong and I'm glad to be wrong this time. I'm doing a play through right now on Fallout Et Tu and its everything I hoped for and more. It actually fixes so much that was wrong in the original game. You now have so much more control over NPC's. Making tactical combat possible. Being able to give your companions armor and wearing it and it showing up isn't just visually appealing but very useful in large brawls out in the wasteland. Having your companions level up with you is great it keeps them relevant and useful. Being able to tweak so many settings so easily is great although the default settings are fine. I tweaked mine a bit but used almost all of the Fixit settings. Set Iron man mode to 1 and game difficulty to hard. Its pretty tough now even though I started with a strong custom character. a lot of good restored content. I have experienced no instability or crashes or quirkiness which I expected since I occasionally had these issues even with the final version of the original game. Its super easy to install at least on a standard windows setup. If you have been itching to play FO1 again but were hesitant to deal with the old games limitations and quirkiness then you should definitely give this a try. I personally cant imagine playing it any other way right now. Unless that guy who makes those Fallout 3D videos actually makes a game ........that would be sick.....but Nah it will never happen

Last edited:
I have to be missing something but this mod lags like crazy. Fallout 1 and 2 run completely fine even with the high res patch but this mod is unplayable for me.

Check if your graphics driver sets any kind of FPS limit or vsync on et tu's falllout2.exe.
...that worked. I have my global settings to have a max framerate at 60 and for some reason that got applied to fallout et tu but not the normal game. Thanks for the help pimp.

I can't get either windowed or windowed_fullscreen mode to work. Is there a way to do that?
I believe There is but I'm not sure How. Why do you want to mess around with Windowed Mode? People running Linux often run Native Windows apps and games in Windowed mode. Are you using Linux?

I believe There is but I'm not sure How. Why do you want to mess around with Windowed Mode? People running Linux often run Native Windows apps and games in Windowed mode. Are you using Linux?
I use Windows 10, and I hate Linux.

I prefer Windowed mode, so that I can check notes, etc. without having to exit the game and restart it.

I can't get either windowed or windowed_fullscreen mode to work. Is there a way to do that?
Here's how I got windowed fullscreen to work. My resolution is 1920x1080. I edit ddraw.ini, set HiResMode=0 to disable the built in high resolution mod (I will setup the classic high res mod later instead). Under [Graphics] I set Mode=6 to enable the sfall's fullscreen windowed mode. I set GraphicsWidth=1920 and GraphicsHeight=1080 to match the native resolution of my monitor. I also set TextureFilter=0 because otherwise everything is too blurry for me, but it's up to your preference. Next, I edit f2_res.ini and set GRAPHICS_MODE=2, SCALE_2X=0, SCR_WIDTH=960, SCR_HEIGHT=540, COLOUR_BITS=32, WINDOWED=0, WINDOWED_FULLSCREEN=0
Please note that I have set my native resolution in sfall (1920x1080 in ddraw.ini), but half the resolution in the high res mod (960x540 f2_res.ini). This way the game runs in full screen windowed mode at my native resolution, but all the graphics in the game are scaled 2X.

Here's how I got windowed fullscreen to work. My resolution is 1920x1080. I edit ddraw.ini, set HiResMode=0 to disable the built in high resolution mod (I will setup the classic high res mod later instead). Under [Graphics] I set Mode=6 to enable the sfall's fullscreen windowed mode. I set GraphicsWidth=1920 and GraphicsHeight=1080 to match the native resolution of my monitor. I also set TextureFilter=0 because otherwise everything is too blurry for me, but it's up to your preference. Next, I edit f2_res.ini and set GRAPHICS_MODE=2, SCALE_2X=0, SCR_WIDTH=960, SCR_HEIGHT=540, COLOUR_BITS=32, WINDOWED=0, WINDOWED_FULLSCREEN=0
Please note that I have set my native resolution in sfall (1920x1080 in ddraw.ini), but half the resolution in the high res mod (960x540 f2_res.ini). This way the game runs in full screen windowed mode at my native resolution, but all the graphics in the game are scaled 2X.
Thanks, but that just made it worse.

Thanks, but that just made it worse.
This is not definitive by any means but after looking around on various forums it looks like a No Go. Even people who attempted this in a VM have had trouble. The old Original game it apparently was a built in feature. However your stuck with 800x600 and without all the extras that this version gives you. Not worth it in my opinion. The only other option is if you have a tablet or Laptop that you can use to check messages etc. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

So.. @Lexx
are you able to download the videos for et tu I redesigned so to speak?
If so then what do You think about them.. Imean they're not perfect (mr.handy got eyes now instead of cameras :p but i think overall they're not that terribly bad)

Originallly I haven't upscaled them myself I used the ones from RyanCinematics channel on yt, since he put far more work on them than i ever could, i just cut them to size and converted from .webem, first to .mp4 h264 and later to .avi Xvid, so they could be played inngame. Settled on 720p since my cpu couldn't handle playing FullHD Xvid ingame. Xvid wasn't designed with FullHD in mind.

Anyways drop a line what do you think about this little endavour of mine..

Hi! I'm trying to make the mod work on Linux (Steam Deck). Currently I'm at the point where the game starts and the cutscenes play, but there are no talking heads. No visual and no sound either, only text and a black rectangle (testing with Aradesh). I thought it might be because of Linux's case-sensitive filesystem, so I tried different combinations:

data/ART/HEADS/ARDSHBF1.FRM
data/art/heads/ardshbf1.frm
data/art/heads/ARDSHBF1.FRM

Neither changes anything. Is there anything else I should try?

Hi! I'm trying to make the mod work on Linux (Steam Deck). Currently I'm at the point where the game starts and the cutscenes play, but there are no talking heads. No visual and no sound either, only text and a black rectangle (testing with Aradesh). I thought it might be because of Linux's case-sensitive filesystem, so I tried different combinations:

data/ART/HEADS/ARDSHBF1.FRM
data/art/heads/ardshbf1.frm
data/art/heads/ARDSHBF1.FRM

Neither changes anything. Is there anything else I should try?

Hi, I don't have a Steam Deck but I did help someone else to get it working on the Deck (looks like you already found the reddit thread). It also works fine, including all the "talking heads", on my Linux machine using plain Wine. Make sure you've added draw.dll and f2_res.dll (both native and builtin) in winecfg DLL overrides. I don't recall having to do tinker with any file names since Windows doesn't care about case.

Back