Fallout 2 mod Fallout et tu - Release v1.10

Kinda yes, but it also doesn't matter since this whole thing is just terribly written (I can't stress this enough. It's *bad*) and does absolutely nothing for you (gameplay-wise). It's the same thing with the stupid Tandi sex mod. If you like this stuff, you literally get horny over 3 lines of teenage fantasy and a black fade. There is nothing else to it. Hell, at least I've added a little time skip a few years ago, so there is that. :D

Kinda yes, but it also doesn't matter since this whole thing is just terribly written (I can't stress this enough. It's *bad*) and does absolutely nothing for you (gameplay-wise). It's the same thing with the stupid Tandi sex mod. If you like this stuff, you literally get horny over 3 lines of teenage fantasy and a black fade. There is nothing else to it. Hell, at least I've added a little time skip a few years ago, so there is that. :D

Heh, true.

Also lol at changelog: The Vault Dweller no longer has the Fast Shot trait in bed.

(althrough there is a potential there for submod for a proper romance sub-plot with Jennifer there, perhaps even getting her as a companion? Chivalric romance with a fair maiden of the Brotherhood? A girl make a galpal instead, bonding over being women in the Brotherhood, heh. I would call it "Love and Steel" myself but I am weird. Now if only I knew someone who could write a cool chivalric romance, complete with trovas... Hmmm, I might know a guy)

"Love and Steel" sounds good. Wouldn't even mind it if it's done right and well. Personally I won't be able to, my writing skills aren't good enough to pull off something like that.

Hey there Lexx..

I've got a question. Since You've fixed all party npc related stuff in EtTu..
maybe not exactly off topic, perhaps side topic..

How did you manage ( or rather what did You do).. to fix custom behavior options.
I'm trying to fix custom companion behaviour in most other total conversion mods that don't have this done right.
By studying EtTu companion scripts, I've noticed it's totoally unrelated to their scripts.
I've found they have all their dispositions written in AI.txt . this plus I remembered You saying once it has to be in exact specific order.
So I mimicked the order of each subsequent behaviour type order, and the order of each line in each of the orders to be similar to what is in EtTu's AI.txt .
So I got to the point where the in game lines get editable, and don't show "error" anymore, but new settings get reseted to default values after a save and reload.
I've also set new default AI packets to party member proto files, in proto manager
could you tell me what I did incorrectly? i can provide the AI.txt that i was working on if nessecary (arroyoman's Fallout:Nevada companion mod currently).

I'm trying to fix this so that it would be compatible with [CombatControl] mode=3 in sfall-mods.ini, as mode=2 seemes too op.

I also plan to fix this for Noel in LastHope mod, and as a future proof also fix this for Fallout:Sonora, which has this fucked up as well.

So any tips on how to solve this?

Their default ai package must be set to "custom" for the selection to work correctly. If the ai package resets after every reload, I'd check the scripts first - maybe you are overwriting the ai package on load / map enter?

that is not the case..
I rather think i messed something up elsewhere..
especially when it goes for:
body_type=
and
general_type=

Nevada companions were initially generic critters and I haven't changed that

the female (Jasmine) dispositions were taken from Fo2 Miria a.k.a Maria in AI.txt and the Raster (a ghoul looking char) initially had only custom disposition and is referred as Ghoul in there...
is that ok?
I'm uploading the file for reference

I mean in EtTu's AI.txt party npcs are referred Ian Tycho and Katja.. what file those lines refer to?

Should i name those lines like this:
body_type=Raster
geneal_type=Raster
body_type=Jasmine
geneal_type=Jasmine
?

Attachments

Last edited:
Body type and general type don't matter. All that matters is that the different modi are in correct order, and the party member must start out with the custom package. Check this page to find out more about the AI.txt file: https://fodev.net/files/fo2/ai_txt.html

Did you start a new game when testing this or are you using an old savegame? If the later, start a new game and try again.

Body type and general type don't matter. All that matters is that the different modi are in correct order, and the party member must start out with the custom package. Check this page to find out more about the AI.txt file: https://fodev.net/files/fo2/ai_txt.html

Did you start a new game when testing this or are you using an old savegame? If the later, start a new game and try again.

Yeah.. i forgot to ask about nessecity of starting a new game.. damn shame it's required. I tought i could just fix it, load up a savegame to test and be done with it...
[sigh] unfortuneatly I'll have to go over the game agin.. and all the other tc mods i was trying to fix.. well perhaps the time for Fo22 challange has finally caught up with me :p

and Yeah thanks for the link explaining ai.txt, it will come in handy.

Howdy. Just wanted to report bug I encountered few years ago. I decided to play with pre made character Natalia so my trait was Night Person. Few hours later I noticed that my Inteligence and Perception where maxed out at 10 (she starts with 5per and 7int). Think issue was that during day she lost 1per and 1int and during night she gained 2...can't remember. Dunno if this bug is fixed since then, I'm just reporting it cus I plan to play this mod again when 1.9 is released.

"Love and Steel" sounds good. Wouldn't even mind it if it's done right and well. Personally I won't be able to, my writing skills aren't good enough to pull off something like that.

Tbh Fallout was always memetic and rather immature when it comes to love or sex.

The marriage to Miria or the optional sexual encounters were never Shakespeare level of writing lol. Never mind the stuff that the prostitutes say in New Reno.

I think it would be hard to do the romance wrong even if you believed your writing skills below the level of an average 8 year old lol.

IMO the perfect way of handling it without just taking the "Player: I wanna fuck" "Love Interest: I wanna fuck too" "Player: Then lets fuck" "Love Interest: Hooray!!!" easy route would be taking a leaf from some pop culture romance from a movie and turn it into a Falloutish pseudo (romantic) comedy.

I think that doing romance in Fallout in a way that most might consider as romance done —right— is the patently wrong way for Fallout.

Do you plan to do a similar enhancing mod for Fallout 2? If not, then where can I find the best enhancing mod for Fallout 2 that is the Fallout et tu to Fallout 2?

I think it would be hard to do the romance wrong even if you believed your writing skills below the level of an average 8 year old lol.

Clearly you haven't seen the "romance" dialog from Fixt that is still in the game.

Do you plan to do a similar enhancing mod for Fallout 2? If not, then where can I find the best enhancing mod for Fallout 2 that is the Fallout et tu to Fallout 2?

That's the RP / RPU.

Do you plan to make a mod similar to Fallout et tu for Fallout 2, that does little fixes and stuff, like letting you alt+tab out of the game without the icon disappearing from your taskbar?

You already posted that question and I replied to that. The RP / RPU is doing what you want.

You already posted that question and I replied to that. The RP / RPU is doing what you want.
I can't seem to get the "hold shift to highlight items" function to work for Fallout et tu. I have it in program files, is that what's causing the problem?

Because it is ctrl+ and not shift. Also line of sight check is enbaled, since everything else is just a cheat.

Back