Fallout 2 mod Fallout et tu - Release v1.10

Is there a way to resize the Window in Et Tu? I don't see it in the config files, but I could just be missing it. I want to play on a secondary screen, but not full screen.The window is really small though. If I set zoom for that screen in display settings the cursor stops working.

I am trying to install the fo2tweaks mod, I did the thing in ddraw.ini where I copied one of the lines about patch files, put it in my mods folder and made sure to name it the exact thing but I'm not getting any of the effects, is there something I could have missed?

I am trying to install the fo2tweaks mod, I did the thing in ddraw.ini where I copied one of the lines about patch files, put it in my mods folder and made sure to name it the exact thing but I'm not getting any of the effects, is there something I could have missed?
yeah make sure You have fo2tweaks.ini in your game's root folder, and look up fo2tweaks.ini to have features enabled or disabled

Is there a way to resize the Window in Et Tu? I don't see it in the config files, but I could just be missing it. I want to play on a secondary screen, but not full screen.The window is really small though. If I set zoom for that screen in display settings the cursor stops working.

just use a different screen resolution either in the game's settings, or in f2_res.ini file and if it's still too small for you, there's always the scale2x option in f2_res.ini .

just use a different screen resolution either in the game's settings, or in f2_res.ini file and if it's still too small for you, there's always the scale2x option in f2_res.ini .

The game looks fine if I have it in full screen, but if I do windowed, the window itself is super tiny, and I can't resize it. The scale doesn't help if the window is only 5 inches by 5 inches or so on my screen.

The game looks fine if I have it in full screen, but if I do windowed, the window itself is super tiny, and I can't resize it. The scale doesn't help if the window is only 5 inches by 5 inches or so on my screen.

[sigh] well the window *is* resolution dependant.. the bigger resolution you set for the game the bigger the game window gets on your screen.. it is that simple natively it's a t 640x480 pixels ( and indeed on a FullHD or 4k monitor it has 5x5cm )

@Lexx
Hey there
Can You tell me more about ai.txt ?
I'd like to know where from to get npc names for [PARTY <npcname> <DISPOSITION>]

thing is in Fo:Sonora party members are named differently in certain places ( especially when playing an uncompleted translation). One has a name and a surname and is reffered by the CombatControl Mode=2 sticker as both, although the character sheet only lists his first name.
one for example has a name and is called by the name in ingame files, however his character sheet and CombatControl Mode=2 sticker state only POW ( because he is a prisoner of war when player finds him).

So I'd like to know where to look for the string i am to input in AI.txt packet.

Last edited:
Don't remember. I'm not even sure if that name matters at all. In theory you can assign whatever package you want to a party member, as long as the naming order stays the same.

yeah make sure You have fo2tweaks.ini in your game's root folder, and look up fo2tweaks.ini to have features enabled or disabled

I see, do I put it directly in the root folder or the one that says configs with all the other inis? do I do that with the inis from all the mods I have?"

I see, do I put it directly in the root folder or the one that says configs with all the other inis? do I do that with the inis from all the mods I have?"
depending on the version of the fo2tweaks you have.. i actually have an older version of the mod and keep the .ini both in root and in mods\iniconfig folder, and keep the same settings in both. I'm actually not quite sure which is taken into account by the game anymore..

but it does the trick for me, however besides Fo:EtTu and Fo2 i tend to stick to sfall5 by Mr.Stalin in other total conversion mods.

fo2tweaks reads its .ini file from the mods folder.
well the version I'm using is pretty old, and sfall didn't have the mods folder feature back then, so i guess that's why mine works from root folder. besides if i delete all .ini configs from mods folder and keep them in root they do work anyways.

Ive had it in the root folder and the mods folder and it nor any of my mods are working, this is how my ddraw.ini looks did I do a big dumb?

Attachments

• ddraw - Notepad 2023-05-30 11_31_47 PM.png
    ddraw - Notepad 2023-05-30 11_31_47 PM.png
    80.7 KB · Views: 142
Ive had it in the root folder and the mods folder and it nor any of my mods are working, this is how my ddraw.ini looks did I do a big dumb?

Facepalm.. I would never figure to keep all the mods like that.

Can't You just put the mod's scripts to the scripts folder ( they are easily distinguishable from others by their gl_g_ prefix), and .ini to the game's root folder? after that it's just a matter of adapting the fo2tweaks.ini to your liking. personally i'd like to avoid the party level match feature, as it caused crashes for me. Other potentially incompatible stuff is passable as well. Also certain keyboard mappings in this mod used to piss me off as well, so i disabled them

The most important stuff for Fo:EtTu is probably the highlight mod anyways, which in my opinion should replace the standard highlight feature by default.

@Lexx

I've read in an old thread back from 2021 that You're more towards making mini mods now rather than total conversions. Is this still relevant?

I'm thinking it would be cool to have a mini mod that renders npcs unconsious after feedin them enaugh alcohol for them to fall asleep.

Why such a mod is needed:
#1 not everyone is pumping steal skill in this game and an ocassional ability to loot an npc would be welcome.
#2 sometimes an npc has a desired item in their hands that player likes to get, but often it is kept in the npc's hands, player is unable to steal it, because it's not in the steal inventory. The only option would be to kill that npc, and turn the whle town hostile. There's a mod that can circumvent that but only by investing insane amounts of skillpoints into steal and sneak, which is not always desired.

So how about a mod that let's you feed alcohol to an npc untill that npc falls to the ground unconsious, so that player can loot that npc. moderate sneak check would be required to feed the alcohol to the npc, and a decent amount of bottles would be nessecary, so that this would be balanced in a way, so it would be unprofitable to do this to every npc in game, but rather this capability would be reserved only to the npcs that have some valuable items in their hands.
ofcourse, when the unconsious npc wakes up it automatically stands up, and since it doesn't remember anything is also not hostile towards the player. ( ofcourse this could not be performed in combat to an already hostile npc).

Do you have an idea on how this could be done?

Last edited:
I've read in an old thread back from 2021 that You're more towards making mini mods now rather than total conversions. Is this still relevant?
I'm just doing whatever sounds fun to me. There is no plan or any deeper thoughts behind it and it highly depends on how much time I have (usually not much).

Your idea is probably somewhat doable in a limited way, but it always depends on the critters and their script. In any case, it's likely not a task of few minutes.

Is there any way to remove sfall from the mod? I know it sounds stupid, but apparently it's due to sfall that my GPU reaches 90% usage no matter the settings and therefore makes the game basically unplayable and extremly sluggish.

Sfall is integral for ettu to work, it can't be removed. Did you try setting CPU_USAGE_FIX to 1 in the f2_res.ini file?

Sfall is integral for ettu to work, it can't be removed. Did you try setting CPU_USAGE_FIX to 1 in the f2_res.ini file?
Yeah, I tried that now. GPU usage is lower as well (50% now), but I still have what feels like 3 FPS in-game. The cutscenes and main menu works flawlessly, but already in character creation I run into the first drops.

Back