Fallout 2 mod Fallout et tu - Release v1.10

If you haven't taken down the Master yet, you'll get the "bad ending" in any case. This bug is fixed in ettu.

If you haven't taken down the Master yet, you'll get the "bad ending" in any case. This bug is fixed in ettu.

Oh, so there is an incentive to push on the master quickly and they are screwed over at this point anyway even if I don't visiit them? Nice, thank you for the information. I may have another run after this one to rectify this.

Am I the only one bothered that there is way too much money, stimpaks and ammo lying around if you resort to combat normally (like not going for non-combat build etc.)? Like the barter skill seem to have no point and shops are mostly used to sell some of your loot and rarely to buy anything. I guess this is a part of the original experience, and I remember enemies dropping their armor as well, which was even more cheesy. But now this bothers me a bit. Not sure if I just need to forget it and enjoy the game with all it's flaws and move on. Since this is Fallout 2 now, it's possible to port some of the scripts from EcCo mod (loot reduction, barter price formula, etc.).

I've already tweaked some weapon stats. But looking back at my rebalance mod, I probably went too far with some of the changes back then)) I guess I wanted a difference experience then. And now instead looking for something simple, closer to vanilla but better.

PS: After seeing the other gun shop in the Hub, I think I was maybe too fast with my judgement )) one of the issues with my previous rebalance mod was due to lack of sufficient play-testing...

Last edited:
Fallout 1 feels too easy after playing fo2 or NV. What challenged me was mostly understanding the basics, like not to piss off raiders. I didn't min max my build, just put points where needed(repair,barter,gambling,etc.). It is almost impossible to do that now without faking myself.

10.jpg

For the default sfall config, is there any reason CheckWeaponAmmoCost, AIDrugUsePerfFix, and AIBestWeaponFix are set to 0?
Similarly, is DamageFormula being set to 1 (Glovz's fix) a matter of personal preference or is the mod designed around it?

Now, since this post received no answer that I can see, I'm wondering the same thing. I just discovered a script by NovaRain that automatically edits ammo stats from an INI file based on the damageformula. And there are values configured for both Glovs and YAAM. So, given I preferred a YAAM before, I wonder. Were the values in AmmoYAAM.ini actually balanced for this game, or it's just some values from a FO2 mod?

I always thought Glovz formula to be very confusing compared to YAAM.

Last edited:
AIBestWeaponFix is set to 1 by default. CheckWeaponAmmoCost is an edgecase that doesn't matter much, and AIDrugUsePerfFix is 0 because it needs files to be setup correctly for it to work effectively, which is not the case for ettu.

DamageFormula is set to 1 because it feels best ingame. No changes have been made to the files.

Looking at how .223 is now much more effective against unarmored and heavily-armored targets, have you considered nerfing the .223 Pistol? Looks like it has it's default 20-30 damage range, so with such a big buff to the ammo, it becomes even more of a hand-cannon than it was, making all other handguns (notably 14mm) obsolete, and you can obtain it somewhat early in the game.

After more analysis:
- This gun has Weapon Penetrate perk, which is supposed to reduce dmg resistance by 80%. Not sure if this works properly with Glovz formula. If it does, it still is more powerful than vanilla due to considerable bonus damage against unarmored targets.
- It also has very high range (30). Due to the very high penetration, range and common ammo, it makes many weapons redundant. Higher avg damage (and penetration) than even the Sniper Rifle (with 5 AP cost vs 6), making it redundant at mid range.

Last edited:
I'm so grateful to everyone involved in EtTu. Having so much fun playing now. It's basically like Restoration project with rebalance mods, but with much higher quality. During early game I thought it's too easy to get too much money and good guns yearly. But later I discovered the new and more powerful guns you can buy, weapon upgrades, motorcycle that needs to be refueled. A lot of new money sinks and without the armors dropping from enemies like in original, the game actually has decent economy balance. Especially when playing full party with SMG's, I often find myself buying ammo - which is very rare in games like this in general, and is a sign of good balance.

And initially disappointed that there's no prolonged early game like in FO2 (you start with a decent pistol and get to Shotgun, Hunting Rifle and SMG in the first hour of the game). But then realized this is because of the story - the rush to get water chip and the countdown timer. The game's main story has proper pacing this way that adds to the immersion. Unlike FO2, where you're basically doing whatever the hell you want in a sandbox, which is also good but is a somewhat different overall experience.

Question about motorcycle. Is it supposed to say "Car Trunk" and have space of 40, when I have a sidecar installed? In proto files I see a separate entry for Sidecar with a different description and larger space. Also, I somehow managed to have 50/40 space. I think there was a larger space cap... I haven't changed any files on purpose. I'm using a week old version from github.

The truck space/graphics is set in gl_car script. With the sidecar upgrade the space should be 80 units.

The truck space/graphics is set in gl_car script. With the sidecar upgrade the space should be 80 units.
I think there's a bug with the script then. When I traveled into a new location (Hub), it got reset back to 80. But with that save (in Necropolis), whenever I loaded, it was 40. I dunno, I'm using Stalin's ProtoManager, maybe it breaking something. But I'm more inclined to think it's the script.

On every map_enter the script car script checks what trunk you have and sets the size accordingly. map_enter usually also runs after loading a savegame.

I forgot that I edited the trunk's proto to have space capacity of 80 - that's why it got "corrected". Removing my modified file, I still see 40, despite having a sidecar upgrade. Looked at the script itself. One possible reason for it to break is if somehow, Trunk is no longer a party member. Is that possible? I also used a f2se a couple of times to edit some dude stats. Maybe that could've broken something?

Another question, not sure if it's a bug or not. I was trying to "hack" robo-brains on Military Base into attacking the mutants, but setting "pest control" to "All pests" or "Large living creatures" doesn't do anything - robots don't attack anyone. I tried combining this with different "sensors" setting - no luck. Movement parameters seem to work though, as setting to "minimal" makes them not move at all.

They do not attack on their own, they will join in combat once they see valid targets and if the base is in full-alert mode.

They do not attack on their own, they will join in combat once they see valid targets and if the base is in full-alert mode.

This doesn't work either, not with these robots against these mutants (I set sensors to full, movement to maximum and pest control to large creatures, based on scripts it should be the correct combination):
scr00002.png

When I'm in combat, they don't attack. I'm thinking the script is bugged. set_self_team result gets overwritten later in the start proc.
Code:
if (global_var(GVAR_ROBCTRL_PESTS_HOWMUCH) == 2) then begin
      set_self_team(TEAM_ROBOBRAINS);
   end
   if not(initial) then begin
      initial := 1;
      set_self_team(TEAM_NECROPOLIS_MUTANT);
      set_self_ai(AI_ROBOTS);
   end

These robots attack the mutants ONLY when they get accidentally hit by them (e.g minigun burst).
scr00003.png

Maybe it's issue from the original game? Another possible reason is how variable "valid_target" is a map var that gets overwritten by mutant script. But there are many mutants and only one object pointer. Meaning that, most likely, robots can only be "triggered" to attack one specific mutant, not ANY mutant. Also, lieutenant guards don't set this variable at all.

Last edited:
Hi, excuse me, where would I find the party members' PIDs? I was looking to edit FO2Tweaks Party Level Match so later encountered NPCs won't be falling quite far behind like the robots and Katja, but I was only able to find PIDs for Ian, Tycho and Katja in party_armor.ini

The other party members (Mr. Handy - 16777529 and Eyebot - 16777561) don't level up. They pretty much start out with their endgame stats.

Back