Fallout 2 mod Fallout et tu - Release v1.6

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by Lexx, Aug 23, 2019.

1. Inquisitive Imps

Inquisitive Imps First time out of the vault

May 24, 2021
    You know, I'd convinced myself that the Tandi sex portion of FIXT was just a fever dream I had. But look at that, it was real after all. Huh.

Unrelated, but I've compiled the file. It should work if I just make a folder for that file in the Fallout1in2/mods folder, right?
    And thanks for the help.

2. Lexx

Lexx Testament to the ghoul lifespan
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    You don't need to compile it again. Just follow the install instructions in the readme file and it'll work like any other of the mini-mods that are shipped with the release package.

3. dudejo001

dudejo001 It Wandered In From the Wastes

Mar 6, 2010
    Personally, I'd just change the dialogue option to hit on Tandi to something else.

Something that would justify Tandi's hostile reaction. Something sleazy and gross or a rude command form that would trigger her rebellious teenage nature.

4. Edvin

Edvin First time out of the vault

Apr 22, 2021
    Thank you.
    I appreciate the gesture.

Of course, I respect your right not to like something, but since it was always an optional option that you had to activate first, it guaranteed that only people who really care about it will get access to this content. In that case, I see no reason why something like this should be removed.

5. Lexx

Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    Because it's bad. A dialog option, a fade to black and back, a default dialog line from Tandi and that's it. There is nothing else to it, it's really just that. Hell, at least the critters could be moved into a different room, or there could be fluff narrator text similar to what happens in New Reno or Modoc. But there is none of that, it doesn't even advance time, so it's completely pointless.

6. Edvin

Edvin First time out of the vault

Apr 22, 2021
    Hmm, I understand where you're going and I agree.
    If you want sex with Tandi it should be done right and not like this.
    I think I could take an audio recording of her conversations and use the editor to create completely new juicy answers from it.
    Then the whole thing would look and sound much better.

7. dudejo001

dudejo001 It Wandered In From the Wastes

Mar 6, 2010
    then you set a time advance based off of your endurance ;)

8. Lexx

Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    I've already thrown in the Fo2 sex-macro which does with this by default, but it's still a pretty lame and lazy "feature."

9. GuyManBot

GuyManBot First time out of the vault

Nov 26, 2017
    Just thought I would throw my two cents in this "important" discussion. Didn't Squid also admit he regrets putting in that Tandi option as he had it in when he was a lot younger? I think that shows how much of a non issue this is.

10. Lexx

Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    I stumbled over an old quote by Per from 2006.
    Never say never, I guess.

In other news, v1.6 will get a new mini-mod that increases the visible area in mountain maps. Original and New to compare (ignore the rocks on 2nd screen, it's a different encounter).

I'm not exactly great at hand painting, but the final result looks pretty good to me (especially when seen ingame). The bottom area obviously was a lot harder to pull off than the top ...

The new maps will be optional but enabled by default. Running the game in 1280x720px, which is the default setting, there won't be any black bars anymore. Higher resolutions obviously will show the borders again - that will never change.

Last edited: May 28, 2021
    • [Rad] [Rad] x 2
  11. Elias Hunter

Elias Hunter First time out of the vault

May 11, 2021
    Not that it really matters, but I've seen people say you can "romance" Lorri. Is that the BoS doc, or someone else? If it is the BoS doc, all I get is the dialogue for operation stat boosts.

12. Lexx

Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    You need to enable Fixt features and the option specifically. It is all disabled by default.

13. gustarballs1983

gustarballs1983 Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Oct 28, 2009
    what @Lexx says + you need to have 9 charisma for this and get the operation to raise to 10, only then the additional dialogue options will lead to rommance nodes. (having 10 CHA + use mentats& pipboy's alarm clock to lower your stats works too).

14. Elias Hunter

May 11, 2021
    Ok, I fixed that. Also, Is there anyway to make the game full screen? Even set to 1920x1080 my screen is so small I cant hardly see anything.

15. Lexx

Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    If your issue is what i think it is, then try changing UAC_AWARE to 1 in the f2_res.ini file.

Other than that, the higher you set the game resolution, the smaller everything will get. It's how this works.

16. Elias Hunter

May 11, 2021
    I just copied my Fallout 2 res settings into the Fallout 1in2 res settings. Everything is fine now. The screen was just so small and the map zoomed way out.

17. AssaultPaladin

AssaultPaladin First time out of the vault

May 17, 2021
    I know this may be off topic by now, but I recall being able to copy the Fallout1in2 folder from the repository and paste to my Fallout1in2 directory for the Paladins to spawn in the Cathedral. When doing so, I think I somehow broke my timer to get the water chip as it would keep counting down even after completing the water chip quest. I ended up uninstalling and reinstalling Fallout Et Tu, but I am no longer able to figure out how to get the scripts needed for the Brotherhood attack on the Cathedral.

If it's not too much trouble, could you provide a quick instruction on which files from the repository would contain those scripts and where I may be able to extract them? If not, no worries! I can easily wait until the next release.

18. Lexx

Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    The timer broke, because I changed some things related to them. You'd have to start a new game for it to work.

Don't remember what's all involved in this, but what you probably need is:
    - BROINVAD.int
    - CHILDRN1.int
    - CHILDRN2.int
    - MASTER1.int
    - MORPCOMP.int
    - HIGHELD.int

However, if you've already visited the Cathedral then it likely won't work anymore.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  19. AssaultPaladin

AssaultPaladin First time out of the vault

May 17, 2021
    Ahh, that makes a lot of sense. I take it that I create a folder called "scripts" in the Data folder of the Fallout1in2 directory before extracting those files there? Either way, thanks a million!

20. Lexx

Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    No, just overwrite files in mods\fo1_base\scripts\

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1