Fallout 2 mod Fallout et tu - Release v1.6

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by Lexx, Aug 23, 2019.

1. Lexx

Lexx Testament to the ghoul lifespan
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    Try changing the graphic mode in the ddraw.ini file.

2. StrayHALO_MAN

StrayHALO_MAN First time out of the vault

Oct 25, 2021
    done all that already, even tried emulating in vulkan with dxvk and nothing fixed it... Windows 10 btw
    maybe try moving to an ssd.

Edit: it's an issue with ddraw.dll, it's causing massive lag with fallout 2, but it works fine without it.
    Except that your mod need ddraw to use fo1 menu content.

Fixed it by disabling vsync in nvidia settings and uncapping the fps.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2021
  3. gustarballs1983

gustarballs1983 Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Oct 28, 2009
    Try setting SingleCore=0 in ddraw.ini

new sfall 4.3.1 sets the affinity to second CPU core if SingleCore=1, and I *do* know amd CPU's have them named differently than Intel ones. Setting SingleCore=0 should allow all cpu cores to operate agin. I have an older Intel CPU and setting SingleCore=1 actually does the same for Me as it does for You. Anyways setting art_cache_size=261 in " fallout2.cfg might help a lot as well, if you have a lower number in there. default values of 64 or less actually slow the game down quite a bit.
    If You have at least GB of 8RAM and 2GB GPU You should have the art_cache_size= value set to the sweetspot of 261 megabytes. Fallou:EtTu is a 32Bit game without large adress aware flag set. So in theory the game is not able to use more than 2GB of ram (art_cache_size included). You shouldn't have any problems playing the game, the only thing might be *.ini file settings, or bolstered expectatinons, as a game this old (fallout2 engine) will *probably* never reach 60fps, as it never meant to. :p

4. StrayHALO_MAN

StrayHALO_MAN First time out of the vault

Oct 25, 2021
    I already fixed it, just had to disable vsync and my fps cap I had in my nvidia settings.

5. gustarballs1983

Oct 28, 2009
    Good to know..

6. PxHCx

PxHCx First time out of the vault

Jan 9, 2019
    I tried both energy and fusion cells and nothing happened, also tried using a radio...

7. gustarballs1983

Oct 28, 2009
    uh.. Spoonfeeding time...

You actually need to restore the power in the facility ( a.k.a. fix the generator on lvl. 6 of Glow, in order to wake up the robot. there are additional checks for repair and science ( you need to use theese skills on the robot). i the robot doesn't activate after all that it means your skill is too low. Robot should activate, and you shoud be able to bring it with you. the battery / MFC is needed, once you'll get a *unpleasant* suprise, after climbing up the rope from level 1 to the surface wih the robot in party ( same way you came down), as it is then when the robot looses power agin, because it is no longer powered by the west-tek facility. You'll then need to switch power source, but that happens after you fix it and bring it to the surface with you...

8. PxHCx

PxHCx First time out of the vault

Jan 9, 2019
    The reason I quoted your second spoiler is because I already did all that and the robot is outside.. what you see in the log is trying to use Science, trying to use Repair (both over 120%), trying to Talk, using Small Energy Cell, using Microfusion Cell (both saying "That does nothing."), I just didn't inspect because it crashes the game.

9. gustarballs1983

Oct 28, 2009
    then perhaps Lexx made an oopse somewhere during code refinement, last time I played this it worked fine, although the first time the robot lost power i had to reload an earlier save and redo all of this agin, since he died on such a hex that the options to save him didn't work. it is a mod after all..

10. DwayneGAnd

DwayneGAnd Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Oct 12, 2016
    how do you get this mod to run in Gog Galaxy? Also, I have questions after going through the config file:

-what exactly is meant by party member requirements?
    -can you get the good ending for the Hub and Boneyard if you enable cut characters and change the number of days until the invasions? Or do I need to download the Restored Good Endings Mod for that?
    -where could I find the motorcycle? Will it need fuel?
    -will enabling the critters from Fallout 2 increase the difficulty of the game?
    -where can I upgrade weapons?
    -how much tougher are the endgame super mutants?
    -what is debug mode?
    -are the added caverns good for farming experience?
    -how much radiation will I receive in the areas around the glow?
    -what are the satellite quest locations?
    -what better rewards will I get from Talus or Mathia?
    -exactly who will be put back into the game if I enable cut characters?

11. Suncikas

Suncikas First time out of the vault

Nov 7, 2021
    Getting an error then trying to launch the game : "The instruction at 00fdd783 referenced memory at 00000000. The memory could not be read from". Any idea what is causing this? Trying to play this on Manjaro Linux operating system.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2021
  12. Cerebro

Cerebro It Wandered In From the Wastes

May 6, 2007
    Well, it's a long shot and I guess you're super busy right now, but here's your reminder. :)

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  13. Lexx

Lexx Testament to the ghoul lifespan
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    Yeah, please remind me again in a month or two. :D

That said, my project has been released today:

• [Rad] [Rad] x 7
  14. gustarballs1983

Oct 28, 2009
    @Cerebro AFAIK the fancy 'auto close door' after several seconds is indeed work of @burn but not a part of UPU/RPU, but a different fallout project also made by @burn.
    it's called fo2tweaks, and is also available on github. it's modular and you can enable or disable all or single features of it. it's mostly cheats, but among all it has doors auto close feature too I think. besides fo2tweaks's highlight feature is a major painkiller in this game, it's waaays better than the standard stuff, however legit players may not like some of the features. however if You don't like them You can simply disable them, if the urge to use them is not too big, as i said it's modular, you can disable or enable each one of the features separately.

so why engage @Lexx into this? He's a busy man, and shouldn't be bothered wih the features that are already out there..

if you have conflicts or crashes with fo2 tweaks running, than you have a mod conflict. look up fo2tweak scripts gl_g_*.int and find all other stuff starting with gl_*.int to what's in fo2 tweaks scripts, and remove similar global scripts from the data\scripts folder of your game. this should fix it. i also had scripts conflict with fo2tweaks before, usually it was actually the gl_autodoors.int, it's already there, but only has function to open the doors while running through them, but not close automatically. Fo:EtTu is an exception, so it functions exactly like the gl_autodoors.int, so the game crashes with default fo2 tweaks setup on many ocasions due to both scripts runing simultaneously, especially when party npcs run through auto closing door.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  15. Cerebro

Cerebro It Wandered In From the Wastes

May 6, 2007
    I know of fo2tweaks - I have it installed. The door function there opens the doors, but they don't close again after a few seconds like they do in et tu. You may find this rather insignificant, but I personally like it. As for the "busy man" stuff: I think Lexx can decide for himself what he lets himself be bothered with. If he doesn't want to do it, then that's totally fine. I'm just asking - I'm not demanding. ;)

16. gustarballs1983

Oct 28, 2009
    ok "whateva"...

17. .Pixote.

.Pixote. Antediluvian as Feck
    Modder

Sep 14, 2009

Congratulations Lexx, you're a true modding master. :hatersgonnahate:

• [Rad] [Rad] x 2