Fallout 2 mod Fallout et tu - Release v1.7

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by Lexx, Aug 23, 2019.

1. Lexx

Lexx Testament to the ghoul lifespan
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    Yes, it's an old cut quest. Half the necessary stuff isn't in the game, thus the quest can't be completed.
    I've changed the script variables now, so the quest entry won't show up anymore (in v1.6).

It's unlikely that this quest will ever be restored to its fullest, because the Glow location is simply too small and the traps have barely any influence. This is very likely the reason why it was cut in the first place.
    The original Glow design doc was probably pretty cool, with lots of fancy stuff going on. Sadly reality catched up, and only the bare minimum of features survived (keycard for the elevator doors, and restoring power and its influence on the security robots).

• [Rad] [Rad] x 2
  2. AssaultPaladin

AssaultPaladin First time out of the vault

May 17, 2021
    That makes sense. I do appreciate the script change though! Without the quest showing up, deactivating security will feel a lot more satisfying as there will be nothing left undone at the Glow. I haven't read the design docs, but I'll definitely check them out! I'm always interested in behind the scenes extras like that.

3. Proletären

Proletären Vault Fossil
    Staff Member Admin

Mar 15, 2012
    You have to ask Tim Cain about them I guess?

4. Lexx

Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    I didn't mean released docs. Just that based on existing script files, the docs were probably pretty detailed. :>

There's lots of unused stuff in the Glow files. For examples the lockers on level 5 were originally locked with force fields. You had to convince ZAX to disable them and then use the red keycard to unlock them. Pretty sure this was cut because it would be a REALLY damn tedious thing to do. Imagine having to unlock all the lockers one by one. Ugh.

Also there is a script about a sentry gun trap. My guess is that it would have been on level 5 as well, but was probably removed because it felt weird... Truth told, all the Glow traps are kinda shit and artificial - they don't really "exist" in the map, it's just a specific area where skill rolls determine if you trigger a trap or not. For ettu I was thinking about replacing them with "real" object traps, similar to the Fo2 landmines. I haven't done that yet, because I was scared about changing the feeling of the Glow too much...

What else do we have? Some scripts which add unique descriptions to objects like documents on desks, a note on a fridge, dead bodies etc. The scripts with the dead bodies are added back in with ettu. It's a nice touch, imo.

Then there's also some remnants of the S'Lanter like:
    Long story short, similar to other locations, the Glow has lots of cut stuff.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 2
  5. AssaultPaladin

AssaultPaladin First time out of the vault

May 17, 2021
    My bad, I thought it was something released like the Van Buren docs. I guess that was kind of a rare exception.

Thanks for all of the info on what was cut from the Glow! I can tell you've seen a lot of unused parts of the game as a modder doing this conversion. Again, I'm really enjoying the mod!

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  6. PT76

PT76 First time out of the vault

May 18, 2021
    I can't wait to see the 1.6 version.

7. Inquisitive Imps

Inquisitive Imps First time out of the vault

May 24, 2021
    Been using Fixt and lurking for years and I made this account to thank you and your team for the amazing dedication here.

I'm excited to try the most recent release but I have one question before I do. In the Github logs I noticed that conditions for the Hub endings have been altered. I downloaded the source code and edited the V13CAVE file, so I'm wondering how I'd go about compiling that. Or can it be used as-is?

8. Lexx

Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    You need to compile the .ssl into .int - easily done with the Script Editor in the tools folder. You just have to setup the paths correctly, hit "compile" and done.

9. Edvin

Edvin First time out of the vault

Apr 22, 2021
    Quick technical questions about "Unique settings for Fallout et Tu." (fo1_settings.ini)
    For settings changes to work, do they need to be activated before I start a new game, or just before I visit the areas which they affect?
    Due to the game engine, I assume that if the area has not been loaded yet, changes can be made, but I'm not 100% sure.

10. Lexx

Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    It depends. Some changes like the timers will only work on a new game (on purpose, because you can end up screwing up your savegame if you do weird stuff with it). Most of the changes only work if you haven't visited affected areas yet, but there's some that could also break (for example merchant restocking or the vehicle).
    All stuff related to encounters can be enabled / disabled whenever. Generally, though, (and just to be sure) I advise to make changes before starting a new game.

11. Edvin

Apr 22, 2021
    Perfect, that's exactly what I wanted to hear.
    So things like "Able to have intimate relations with Lorri?" will work if I have never visited a brotherhood before 8-)
    By the way, it would be much more sensible if you just wrote at the beginning fo1_settings:

1 = Yes
    0 = No

One more quick question.
    I have noticed new changes in the text that suggest "intimate relations with Tandi".
    Is it part of future plans?

Last edited: May 26, 2021
  12. Lexx

Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    The Tandi stuff was in Fixt. I removed it, because it creeped me out.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 2
  13. Edvin

Apr 22, 2021
    Shame on you! :smug:

14. dudejo001

dudejo001 It Wandered In From the Wastes

Mar 6, 2010
    I just wish Tandi was nicer when she turns you down, though. The way she reacts, you'd think you squeezed her ass like she an easy slut.

Kind of makes me regret RISKING MY LIFE to get her back from her captors who would have most likely went WAY beyond asking if she wants to, you know, get together.

15. Edvin

Apr 22, 2021
    I completely agree.
    That ungrateful little slut...
    It looks like the horny doctor (intimate relations with Lorri) is fine, but the horny teenager is something unimaginable...

16. Lexx

Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    Actually I wanted to remove the sex fan-fic of Lorri as well, because reading this stuff made me cringe as hell. But unlike Tandi she isn't 15 (16? or younger?) so I just locked it behind behind the Fixt-condition and tried to forget it.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 2
  17. Edvin

Apr 22, 2021
    Do you realize that you're talking about a game where you get the title for the killing of childrens? :smug:

18. Samira

Samira Random is god

Nov 16, 2009
    Ah shit, here we go again. Every half year this subject resurfaces i'm suprised Lexx still keeps that thing in, knowing how much stuff coming from fixt was removed already.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  19. Lexx

Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    Here is your Tandi sex mod. I didn't playtest it, just copy&pasted the old Fixt shit back in place. It should work the same as before, I guess.

Attached Files:

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  20. Inquisitive Imps

Inquisitive Imps First time out of the vault

May 24, 2021
    You know, I'd convinced myself that the Tandi sex portion of FIXT was just a fever dream I had. But look at that, it was real after all. Huh.

Unrelated, but I've compiled the file. It should work if I just make a folder for that file in the Fallout1in2/mods folder, right?
    And thanks for the help.