Fallout 2 mod Fallout et tu - Release v1.7

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by Lexx, Aug 23, 2019.

1. TL8ez

TL8ez First time out of the vault

Apr 19, 2012
    Thanks. I was staring to try to read the dll, downloaded Visual Studio, but before dabbled too far into it I rechecked the ddraw.ini in VS and found the lines I needed.

2. Femic

Femic First time out of the vault

Nov 22, 2015
    @SorgFall how about creating something like a prequel for Fallout 1 where the story of the cut content is explained?
    I'd be glad to help you learn modding.

3. AllForYouSophia

AllForYouSophia First time out of the vault

Apr 21, 2022
    Update: I fixed this problem by adding "ddraw.dll" to library overrides in winecfg. Without this override, Sfall doesn't load, and thus mods that rely on Sfall don't load as well.
    Then I edited "ddraw.ini"; specifically I changed the line "SingleCore=1" to "SingleCore=0" because the game ran to choppy and laggy.
    Now everything works flawlessly. Although animations seem to be faster in comparison to vanilla Fallout 1.

Fallout Et Tu (Fallout1in2) either can't load/load text fonts or loads vanilla Fallout 2 in Debian GNU/Linux 11.

Code:
    wine version: wine-5.0.3 (Debian 5.0.3-3)
    Fallout 1 version: GOG, Interplay 1.2 White Label version, with the Fallout 1 High Resolution Patch version 4.1.8.
    Fallout 2 version: GOG, Interplay 1.02 version, pre-patched with sfall version 3.2 and the Fallout 2 high resolution patch version 4.1.8.
    Fallout Et Tu version: Fallout1in2 v1.7.2828
    So, my course of action:
    1. Did a fresh install of Fallout 1 GOG and Fallout 2 GOG.
    2. Downloaded ZIP archive from Fallout1in2 github.
    3. Extracted it to Fallout 2 folder as written in the readme file for the mod.
    4. Running "undat.exe" does nothing, so I ran "undat shell script" instead with this command:
    Code:
    bash undat period sh /home/USERNAME/.wine/drive_c/games/Fallout/MASTER.DAT
    5. The shell script unpacked a lot of files into /Fallout2/Fallout1in2/data directory.
    6. After it finished unpacking, I ran "Fallout2.exe" in Fallout1in2 folder and... it showed me an error, "Couldn't find/load text."
    7. I've encountered this problem before when running Fixt and vanilla Fallout 2. So I opened "Fallout2.cfg" to see where critter_dat, critter_patches, master_dat and master_patches point:
    Code:
    critter_dat=..\critter.dat
    critter_patches=data
    <...>
    master_dat=..\master.dat
    master_patches=data
    8. So I changed these lines to full paths, like this:
    Code:
    critter_dat=/home/USERNAME/.wine/drive_c/games/Fallout 2/critter.dat
    critter_patches=/home/USERNAME/.wine/drive_c/games/Fallout 2/Fallout1in2/data
    <...>
    master_dat=/home/USERNAME/.wine/drive_c/games/Fallout 2/master.dat
    master_patches=/home/USERNAME/.wine/drive_c/games/Fallout 2/Fallout1in2/data
    9. What can possibly go wrong?
    10.. Now when I run "Fallout2.exe", it loads vanilla Fallout 2.

I don't know what to do now.

Wish I could provide you with more info, but I'm an inexperienced Debian user, so I just don't know where to look.

Last edited: May 13, 2022
  4. VercLen

VercLen First time out of the vault

Jan 28, 2014
  5. The_Den_Resident

The_Den_Resident It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jan 26, 2022
    Will Fallout et tu overwrite my Fallout 2 save data? If so should I backup my save files for the ocassion?

6. NovaRain

NovaRain Casual Modder Modder

Mar 10, 2007
    No, it won't. et tu installs itself in a subfolder, it won't affect any data in your main Fallout 2 folder.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  7. The_Den_Resident

Jan 26, 2022
    Thanks NovaRain!!

8. TorontoReign

TorontoReign Not Gollum Staff Member Moderator

Apr 1, 2005
    • [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  9. The_Den_Resident

Jan 26, 2022

Yeah it's freaking weird

EDIT:Okay on mobile it seems fine as I made this reply through mobile.

10. TorontoReign

TorontoReign Not Gollum Staff Member Moderator

Apr 1, 2005
    Ok I guess we might need to know your browser you are using.

11. mad83

mad83 First time out of the vault

Nov 26, 2016
    @Lexx Could you please tell how much content from F1 is available in your last release and did you include in this release all fixed that can be found in F1 Fixed Edition?

12. Stampedo

Stampedo First time out of the vault

Aug 17, 2011
    Thank you so much for doing this!

13. DwayneGAnd

DwayneGAnd Look, Ma! Two Heads!

Oct 12, 2016
    For some strange reason, Ian no longer knows anything about Aradesh or Seth if you use the "Tell Me About" option. If you ask him about Killian, he says, "That is me." Also, Aradesh won't tell me about Junktown, he just tells me a Dharma teaching about not paying heed to the call of the wolf when the fox is raiding the hen house.

And even though I've been friendly to Saul and have witnessed the incident with Trish at the Skumm Pitt, I can't start the unnamed quest to save their relationship. The only dialogue options I have with him are "Bye" and "I'm here to teach you some manners." This even after talking to Trish and asking why she screamed about Saul.

I've killed the Skulz at the bar fight after reporting them to Lars. Shelley is still at the Crash House and she turns hostile whenever she sees me.

Last edited: May 16, 2022
  14. Lexx

Lexx Testament to the ghoul lifespan
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    I'm guessing with Aradesh you mean when you ask him via dialog? You make it sound as if you are asking him via TMA. After looking through his code for 10 minutes, all I can find is a normal dialog option about it. The reason why you get that reply is because Aradesh doesn't like you.

Saul has a hidden speech check. If you fail it, you don't get the dialog option. Also, this is not a quest.

15. DwayneGAnd

Oct 12, 2016
    I make some tweaking in the ddraw.ini file and changed the mood for the talking heaqds to the vanilla setting. I tested it with Aradesh and now he tells me about Junktown when I ask him about other towns. However, this was when I picked Max, who has 4 Charisma. I guess you need reasonable Charisma to get Aradesh to tell you about Junktown. Seeing as how I tend to dump Charisma as many players do in Fallout 1, I guess I'll just have to accept the Dharma saying.

Last edited: May 17, 2022
  16. Lexx

Lexx Testament to the ghoul lifespan
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    What mood changes?? StartGDialogFix?

/Edit: Did some tweaks to the Saul dialog. Now it's a bit more obvious and more forgiving. Doesn't change the fact it's a shitty written dialog that should have stayed cut-content, though.

Last edited: May 16, 2022
  17. DwayneGAnd

Oct 12, 2016
    I've disabled all the unique additions including the motorcycle, caverns, critters, robot companions, and the others because I want to have as much a feel of the original game, seeing as how I am a purist. I still have the cut characters enabled though.

I just found out that I can just enter combat mode after sneaking into the bar and still steal the urn much more easily and then run out before Neal reacts.

Last edited: May 17, 2022
  18. Ransurian

Ransurian First time out of the vault

May 15, 2022
    Apologies if this has been asked before, but does this mod address companions in Fallout 1? Does it give you the ability to adjust their combat tactics, equip them with armor, trade with them, et cetera?

19. Oregano

Oregano First time out of the vault

Jan 22, 2018
    In Junktown, if Killian gets a critical hit and kills the assassin that enters his store before you, that locks you out from starting the Gizmo quest since the dialogue where he asks for you help doesn't trigger after the fight. Could you look into a way to prevent something like this from happening?

20. Oracle

Oracle Vault Senior Citizen

May 19, 2003
    Reload.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1