Fallout 2 mod Fallout et tu - Release v1.8

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by Lexx, Aug 23, 2019.

1. Lexx

Lexx Testament to the ghoul lifespan
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    Sorry, didn't really had time / motivation to look into anything Fallout currently. In any case, such stuff will not be included into a release, like I mentioned already in the past. It's just too big.

2. gustarballs1983

gustarballs1983 Vault Senior Citizen
    Modder

Oct 28, 2009
    that's what i said too.. i just asked for a small mention in the original post, a line or two that the upscaled vids exist, and perhaps a link to my thread.. and since you've given it a Rad, then perhaps share your thoughts on the quality of the upscales versus originals how they look ingame ( if you've bothered to check this anyway)

3. ItsToofy

ItsToofy First time out of the vault

Jul 1, 2020
    Heya @Lexx just wanted to let you know of maybe a potential bug?

So when I start a game with the Gifted trait, none of the bonus starting items from Tags show up in my inventory, which I am fairly certain wasn't a thing in Vanilla F1, though when I do not use Gifted, they do show up.

Thank you for this mod!

4. NovaRain

NovaRain Casual Modder Modder Moderator

Mar 10, 2007
    The bonus items are actually not from "tag skills" but a fixed threshold check from the calculation of skill level and your stats.
    So even if you have a skill tagged, if the result of calculation is too low due to your SPECIAL stats or something, you won't get bonus items.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  5. ItsToofy

ItsToofy First time out of the vault

Jul 1, 2020
    After 25 years I still learn something new, Thank you!

6. Obsti

Obsti First time out of the vault

Tuesday
    Can somebody spoil me and please tell me where the motorcycle is in 1.8? I am almost done with the game, going blind, and didn't find it. For some reason I primarily ended up in cities at night and probably missed it. Please enlighten me! Yes, I have it activated in the fo1_settings.

7. Lexx

Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    Necropolis watershed.

8. Obsti

Tuesday
    Oh noes. I already did Necropolis (in complete darkness), so if I go back there I will probably trigger the bad ending. Is there a way to avoid that, even if it includes savegame editing?

9. Lexx

Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    If you haven't taken down the Master yet, you'll get the "bad ending" in any case. This bug is fixed in ettu.

10. Obsti

Tuesday
    Oh, so there is an incentive to push on the master quickly and they are screwed over at this point anyway even if I don't visiit them? Nice, thank you for the information. I may have another run after this one to rectify this.