Fallout 2 mod Fallout et tu - Release v1.10

Repo now has Fo2 style merchant inventories. That means item distribution is random (based on vanilla inventory of course), but at the same time their inventory will refresh every few days. This, too, can be disabled in fo1_settings.ini of course (can't be disabled in an already running game if the merchant / map has been visited already!)

Personally I find this way more exciting, as you can't rely on your default merchant trip anymore. Also I've added a few special weapons with low spawn chance to them, so if the god of random wills it, you can aquire some fancy stuff.

Can't say anything about party member perks right now, as I haven't started reworking their scripts yet.

Special encounters all have a 1% chance, and have a min player level requirement. I've added this because they happened way, way too frequent in my tests (even with low luck). Hell, I know it's a bit of a cult thing happening, but I got the alien blaster right after leaving Vault 13 in at least 3 different playthroughs. That's just overkill.

Mysterious stranger is not a super mutant. You sure you got the latest proto files and have set them to read only?

Are You saying i need to manually apply read only parameter to proto files *every* time i do an svn update?

Everytime protos are getting updated is the best way to be sure.

You likely got the super mutant, because the game delete the new proto (female mysterious stranger - doesn't exist in Fo1), thus the game reverted to Fallout 2 default, which by accident is a super mutant.

PS: I've updated the armor protos to get the stats back in line with Fo1. Haven't tested it yet, but the laser differences were crazy. No wonder Harry in Necropolis was able to hurt me that hard.
One thing I kept, though, was the tesla armor - I feel like Sduibek's changes to the non-energy stats help it to become a bit more attractive.

While I'm at it, here's a comprehensive list of all the changes done to the project since the alpha release last friday:

Status Update:
  • The usual script cleanup, redefines, .h shuffeling, etc.
  • Fixed: Night Person trait (should work 100% correctly now).
  • Fixed: Missing script for cathedral tower staircase (teleport).
  • Fixed: Unlimited XP exploit in Master's Vault computer terminal script.
  • Fixed: Flip in Vats map won't bring the player to Lou if he attacks with the Brotherhood. Same for the entrance gate and door guards.
  • Fixed: Car is now parked inside town above which it ran out of fuel.
  • Fixed: Temporary workaround for glitch when entering town via town/world button and thus making player use car on exit on foot.
  • Possible fix for Laura (good Boneyard ending).
  • Possible fix for BoS soldiers disappearing while in combat.
  • Added: Offset parameter to fo1_settings.ini to manually correct the PipBoy post-it note on odd resolutions (640x480px :shrug:).
  • Added: When joining traveling NPCs on the worldmap, the game time will now advance correctly based on distance to the target location.
  • Added: Fo2 styled merchant inventory restocking (Optional).
  • Added: If wearing power armor, radscorpions won't poison the player anymore.
  • Added: Resting timer now behaves like in Fo1 (06:00 instead 08:00).
  • Changed: "water / days left" counter moved to hook script + dramatically reduced gl script refresh rate.
  • Tiny tweaks to the motorcycle and Griffith.
  • Moved Vats / Cathedral destruction into hook script, because the "old way" was flawed and didn't account player getting back inside the base / cathedral.
  • Fixed: Duplicated cooks in Shady Sands.
  • Fixed: Party members can't run through the 2nd V13 door anymore.
  • Fixed: Garl doesn't drop his metal armor anymore if Armor Destroy Mod is active.
  • Tweaked: If the player kills Garl in the fighting ring, Garl's items should be added to the beginning of the inventory now, and not the end.
  • Tweaked: Added the V13 medical locker back into the game, but changed it's position and reverted NPC dialog to Fo1 vanilla. The "old" position was shit and won't return under any circumstances. The way it is now seems more like what the devs had originally in mind (same style as the V15 layout). I'm assuming someone accidentally deleted / didn't placed the container and it never got fixed in an official patch.
  • Removed damage source check on Khan raiders. Nobody else except the player is going to attack them, it is useless.
  • Fixed: Exploding critters not dropping armor.
  • Fixed: Junktown guards will now appear correctly when ambushing the Skullz.
  • Fixed: "Skills" description changed from Fo2 to Fo1 version.
  • Fixed: Marcelle won't leave the map anymore if NumPathNodes is > 6.
  • Reverted: The Deathclaw from the missing caravan quest can now be encountered on the worldmap again (only if missing caravans quest has been started, though).
  • Reverted: Armor stats to Fo1 vanilla.
  • Added: Quick Pockets perk now acts like in Fo1 (3 ranks, -1 AP / rank).
  • Fixed encounter bugs, also script cleanup. Had to remove FIXT additional settings for now. Might make a better version some day.

I don't know yet when the next alpha patch will be released. I'm thinking of doing that once the next Sfall version is out. That gives us a bit more time and we don't have to rush anything.

Last edited:
@Lexx

One more thing I've noticed that Power Armor and Hardened power armor weight is based on Fo2. (42lbs for PA and 50lbs for HPA) instead of the Fo1 85lbs for PA and 100lbs for HPA. The trivia behind it might be that the tx-28 microfusion reactor burned most of it's fuel between 2161 and 2242 (as it was seposedly last for 100 years of service acording to the lore).

Is there a way to travel on the bike with more than protagonist? Full party yealded message that everyone wont fit on the bike, or is there another vehicle? alternatively some bike attachment for additional travelers posibly to get from Smitty.

Last edited:
Move the bike to Adytum and talk to Smitty.

I just checked again and the power armor proto has 85 and the hardened 100, but for some reason that's not the case ingame. Apparently the engine reduces the weight / 2. I'm guessing it is the "powered armor" perk. I'll have to set them to 170 and 200 to get the Fo1 values.

Hope that doesn't have negative influence on anything.

Move the bike to Adytum and talk to Smitty.

I just checked again and the power armor proto has 85 and the hardened 100, but for some reason that's not the case ingame. Apparently the engine reduces the weight / 2. I'm guessing it is the "powered armor" perk. I'll have to set them to 170 and 200 to get the Fo1 values.

Hope that doesn't have negative influence on anything.

than it's Sduibek's gvar magic agin. He made an option in the installer for Fo1 power armors to have the same weight as in Fo2 (optionally), so i guess there's a switch in Vault13.gam.

That Smitty attachment is only bigger trunk not an ability to travel with party members.

Checked today and (luckily) it is still possible to break in peacefully to BoS armory with high enaugh skills sneak enabled and stealth boy active.
There's vanilla Fo2 Bozar in there :D

That Smitty attachment is only bigger trunk not an ability to travel with party members.

Nope, it is. Instead of 2 humans, it carries 3 humans. I mean, I could increase it to cover one more, but visually it would be a tad weird. (Then again, the whole Fo2 party fitting into the Highwayman doesn't make that much sense either). I guess it's a balancing question.

If you can't travel with any other humans, then that's a bug and I'll have to investigate.
/Edit: Just tested it, works for me.
/Edit2: I've increased the size +1 for now. Doesn't make much sense visually, but I guess it is better for gameplay.

BOS armory:
I didn't expected anyone to be able to sneak into it. I'm guessing the Bozar has to go then, because it pretty much wrecks the game now. :>
The original idea was that anyone who shoots his way through the BOS is strong enough that nothing in the game is stopping that person, thus having the Bozar makes little difference anymore.

Last edited:
I meant that I couldn't ride the bike with Katja Ian Tycho and Dogmeat. Now there's also Mr.Handy but given he uses thrusters he should travel as fast as the bike but next to it not on it. Maybe exclude Mr.Handy from bike party limit count. Mr.Handy in party and the bike can cause the bike to be lost if escaping Military Base countdown with Mr.Handy in party plus the usual NPC gang one might not escape by the bike, because of bike party limit, so eigther player get's blown or player uses exit grid, and when player returns, map changes and the bike is gone for good.
Trivially speaking if a motorcycle has a nest-seat attached than it shouldn't be a problem to fit in more than 3 people, one sitting on the other, it wouldn't be comfortable for sure, but as the saying goes it's always better to have a crappy ride than to walk on foot. Besides let's face it Fallout is not XXI century europe, where every union slave has to fasten seat belts in order for the slave to not get hurt as nation governed medical care is expensive and it would be a shame to waste resources on a slave ;p

As for the BoS armory break in.. Relax i did it only as a proof of concept on lvl 52 with everything besides steal skill maxed out at 200%. It's rather not going to be possible with standard playthrough. besides Bozar is cool and all but it's not BiS weapon in Fo1 as clip is too small to hold more than 2 bursts so after 2 bursts one has to reload. Avenger Minigun does practically as good as the Bozar in Fo1 but has a bigger clip. Sure it ain't as much damage per bullet but it spits out more bullets and is capable of shooting 3 times per turn every second turn with the right build. plus burst weapons are used only on extremely tough enemies.
Usually one goes with turbo plasma rifle, as it 1shots most of the critters out there excluding Master, Lou, tougher mutants and deathclaws only.

Sorry for the late reply but i had some problems with nma site not loading.

Mr. Handy isn't included in the bike check. It only accounts for humans.

The bike being gone after Mariposa being blown up should not at all be related to the party limit, that is a completely different thing. I'm actually surprised this bug apparently showed up again, because we went a long way to fix as many bike related bugs as possible. Guess we'll have to investigate that one again.

PS: Bike is automatically added on leaving the about-to-blow-up location via exit grid, just in case. So if there really is a party member issue, you technically can circumvent it with just leaving via exit grids and not using the bike.

Last edited:
about the Bike and Mariposa.. I was just hypothesizing it's not something i encountered. In fact i did not take bike to mariposa at all since before the +1 person on Bike fix I couldn't fit them all on board
Just checked it is possible to ride the Bike with 3 human NPC's and Mr.Handy now. Thank You.
Does Dogmeat count as 'human' for the Bike riding purposes or is the mongrel considered to be running next to the Bike? I ask because i ditched that mongrel in the hub before tackling games bosses.

As we discuss Bike topic, is it possible to add energy percentage capacity in description window to Binoculars like the highwayman had in Fo2? It's really annoying to keep adding those batteries without knowing if the charge is full. Sometimes it is really a pain in the butt to exit to worldmap every now and then just to check how much charge is left in bike's battery.

Of course Dogmeat is sitting on your lap while driving and thus doesn't take up additional space. :p

I'll add the fuel description. We talked about it internally a while ago, but I completely forgot.

Of course Dogmeat is sitting on your lap while driving and thus doesn't take up additional space. :p

I'll add the fuel description. We talked about it internally a while ago, but I completely forgot.

I'd say he fits next to the person sitting in the nest-seat, as he's not too big but sitting on a lap? C'mon man dogmeat ain't a chiuaua or a mini-york, he's a visious mixbreed reaching somwhere above one's knee when standing on all four of his paws. It's just trivia :p however it's good to know that dogmeat will fit right in on the bike.

Speaking of NPCs.. is there at least a slight chance of getting more than one armor upgrade from Miles? He doesn't say he lacks materials to do more and he's a chemmist so practically he makes his reagents from scrap materials.

Additionally Do you plan adding in Jackals and Vipers raider camps to the game. ( concerning lore BoS took those raider gangs out, but how about asisting BoS in the fight or leading the fight) it could be another BoS quest(s). by doing which one would get ability to trade stuff with Brotherhood Armory. To possibly get those two missing turtle shells for NPCs. Ofcourse BoS armory would not restock.

This would be ideal to interact with the Armory without breaking in, plus an exclent way to pawn most of the stuff that's clogging up the inventory, but possibly not the bottle caps, since BoS deems them wothless.

EDIT:
Cut out content such as burrows is beyond retardednes, however as far as I remember Ursa on NMA forums already made humanoid-racoon animatons. It's just a matter of porting .gif to .frm . There are no technical limitations for it now, so it's Up to You to decide wether put that in or not.

Last edited:
Personally I'm not planning on adding anything huge anytime soon, but we made the sources available to the public, so nothing stops other folks from attempting this. That's the big thing with Fo2: New locations can be easily be added wherever we want. Want to throw in Dayglow? Possible. Want to add some random super mutant camps? Possible. Expand existing towns with new maps? Absolutely possible.

Now it's all limited only by motivation and dedication. :>
Thinking about what could be done is pretty exciting, but I personally have to stay realistic here - I can't spend the next years on this project, so even though it is hard, to get back full circle: Currently no plans for adding anything huge.

PS: Using binoculars on the bike will now show the current battery status.
PPS: I have reorganized all repo files into a new folder, so now it isn't necessary anymore to set the proto folder to read only.

Last edited:
Not planned, no. Adding this to npc dialogues will just end in an annoying mess. Also you'd have to edit *many* dialog scripts.

Not worth it, imo. Better to wait if some day in the future we're able to make our own "tell me about" button / function.

Not planned, no. Adding this to npc dialogues will just end in an annoying mess. Also you'd have to edit *many* dialog scripts.

Not worth it, imo. Better to wait if some day in the future we're able to make our own "tell me about" button / function.
I see. How about a compromise where you add a "Tell me about" dialog line for the companions to flesh them out? That would certainly enhance the use of Ian in my view. Since you are fresh out of the vault and new to the world it makes sense to ask him about all the places and factions that he knows about. Even if you are a bit of a nuisance to him.

Last edited:

@Lexx doing a new playthrough and I foud a bug. I talked to Ian and had him join Me, His dialog is strange, two options pre hiering and the rest is standard Fo2 party dialogue, However when i move away from him he does not follow.. I can be at the other side of the map and still nothing.. wtf? did not save. waiting for a fix before attempting to go any further

Are you using the latest revision (at least r615)?
Just tested it and can't find any issues. Pre-hire he has his usual Shady Sands dialog and after hiring him, the dialog switches to the default party member dialog options. He also follows me without issues and ai settings are working too.

I have changed all party dialog options to the Fo2 system, primarily because the old Fo1 options mostly didn't work anymore anyway since we're using Fo2's party mechanics. However, I did take over all unique dialog lines from Fo1. In case of Ian, I've additionally given him the option to ask about Shady Sands while you're still there (I'm guessing you are referring to that?). Other than that everything should be pretty much the same.

Nice job! Really looking forward to replay this old gem with this mod. Just did a cheating run to test several features and noticed that the bike disappears after running out of power and later returning to the spot on the map. The map is right (bike outta power) but the bike itself isn't there anymore.

By the way: You mentioned there aren't any plans to add some "bigger" stuff in the future, but what about small things like the ability to get Iguana Bob into jail and stuff?

Anyhow, thanks for this - I really appreciate it!

Just did a cheating run to test several features and noticed that the bike disappears after running out of power and later returning to the spot on the map. The map is right (bike outta power) but the bike itself isn't there anymore.

Yeah, this bug is fixed in the current version of the mod (and others related to it). It'll be in the next alpha release (likely some day next month).

By the way: You mentioned there aren't any plans to add some "bigger" stuff in the future, but what about small things like the ability to get Iguana Bob into jail and stuff?
I think Fixt did this already. You can enable this in the [Fixt] section of the /config/fo1_settings.ini file. However, I haven't tested this.

Generally smaller changes can / will / might get implemented, but it really depends on what exactly it is and how much work it'll need to get done (and if it fits the game).

Back