Fallout 2 mod Fallout et tu - Release v1.10

message about a custom dll and how some features are disabled. I wanted to know which features?
Nothing which will seriously affect gameplay, just a small tweaks which brings mod closer to Fallout 1 look and feel. Or small fixes like one of dialog button not working 100% as it should...

Since v1.0 release all features we had in custom dll has been either added to vanilla sfall or moved to scripts; v1.1 should release with ddraw.dll compiled from regular sfall repository.

@gustarballs1983 I can now indeed confirm Fallout et tu works on Exagear RPG. I've been playing for the past couple days and all seems well. And it works at 640x480
Other than that great mod!

Cool!! Could You go over the steps on how to do this via PM? So far I only managed to run Fo: 1,5 Resurrection but on "ExaGear Windows Emulator" as I know of no way to launch winecfg via "ExaGear RPG" in order to add missing .dlls to wine. I only managed to run Fallout FIXT with sfall1 from Crafty with the "sfall.dll" trick & hex edit, so i could run on win98. So I assumed ExaGear RPG emulates win98 (agin no way to change this besides winecfg).

Anyways thanks for the info & best ragards.

Note: with luck2 and later luck3, I dont seem to find some special encounters suggested in here. The one that teach gecko skinning perk, did I get it right? Patrick the Celt I did get, both games. But any special encounter wont fire up. Even at middling to 90 outdoorsman.

It's not very visibly noticeable, but luck seems to have special effect over there.

Gecko Skinning is not depending on luck. Also it's not available in v1.0.

There is no luck requirement for special encounters.

1. Alien Ship
  2. Bob's Pre-owned Car Mart
  3. Brahmin Herd
  4. Giant Footprint
  5. Nuka-Cola Truck
  6. Unusual Call Box
They are the SE according to fallout wikipedia. Among them, I get none, among two games' much wandering. At low/middle/90 skill level of Outdoorsman. Hex messing or no hex messing.

The only thing in common among them is Luck 2, and later on Luck 3, and Jinxed.

As I said, they work and appear exactly as in Fo2......

The only difference to Fo1 is that they have a low level requirement so you won't get any right after leaving Vault 13. Obviously you are simply not lucky enough and thus have a very low chance of getting any.

What version of fallout fixt does et tu use and if its an earlier version can you drop in the newest?

The last release from 2015 and no, it can't be updated for various reasons.

I mentioned it a couple times already. As I'm sick right now (again), I'll make it short:
- We did extensive cleanup on the decompiled Fo1 (Fixt) sources.
- The codebase isn't the same anymore. It's very different in lots of places and while still not perfect (likely will never be perfect), it's like 1000 times better than what we started with.
- Due to this, you can't just drag&drop the Fixt code onto the mod, because it will not work and / or produce new bugs.
- Fixt is very buggy. Besides us cleaning up the code, I've also spend a lot time on fixing all kinds of bugs.
- Generally at this point, Fixt offers nothing that we aren't doing or can't do better.

If anyone is interested, I've been using these ddraw.ini settings for custom called shot penalties. I originally used them in Fallout 1 FIXT but since they also work in Et Tu, I figured I'd post them here as well.

Code:
BodyHit_Eyes=-150
BodyHit_Head=-100
BodyHit_Left_Arm=-75
BodyHit_Right_Arm=-75
BodyHit_Groin=-75
BodyHit_Left_Leg=-50
BodyHit_Right_Leg=-50
BodyHit_Uncalled=0
BodyHit_Torso=20

Are those numbers sort of penalties - Torso=20 (easier) compared to Eyes=-150 (harder)?
Changing that stuff could completely screw the games combat if people nerfed them...

That's right, those are penalties. I had calculated those numbers against a target with 45 AC (the theoretical highest AC achievable by the player). With maximum Perception and ranged weapon skill, you will get 50% to hit the eyes out to 9 hexes, assuming no other modifiers are in place.

I like to think it's extra motivation to reach level 21.

Mariposa Vat control room

The Vat computer control mention some uplink medical. Hack into it and we can terminate life support and restore original dna to 100%.

Does the latter option do anything? @Lexx

Nope, it does nothing. Seems to be some Fixt-stuff / uncut content.

Get that Mr Handy thanks entirely to Science 91 (book) + 15 science training in BoS, plus Intelligence 10 (two mentats). I do getting him out of there along with the dog on the surface.

Pro: He can shoot minigun plus energy weapon, which is a very welcome addition, considering nobody (other than MC) can shoot BG and rifle Energy. Also, can use repair 4 times a day to recover his HP which is about half. And the fourth member who can carry stuffs is very nice.

Con: too freaking unwieldy Mr Handy. I was about cover on all side on entry point.And I have to think before getting somewhere small or I will be surrounded and getting away is going to be a chore.

Back