Fallout 2 mod Fallout et tu - Release v1.10

This whole 9k videos wooo discussion is completely pointless IMHO.

With veeery rare exceptions everyone picking up this mod knows exactly how old FO1 is, and what should they expect. These afraid of pixels on screen simply skip the mod to not ruin nostalgia memories.
Now. We put 9k ultrawide hd mk3 videos in, player starts a game for a first time, just barely can contain their orgasms after seeing how great intro videos looks aaand... looks straight into Vault Dweller's face, which is about 3x3 pixels. Great job, we just reinvented mobile games marketing strategy :dance:

'Funniest' thing here is that players will actively avoid seeing most of vids, as they're connected to major screw-ups. In the end, all what shiny vids changed is wasting everyones time on making them actually play ingame, increasing repo/release package size and quite possibly either forcing them to all players or making some ugly workaround to make whole thing optional. Welp.

So yeah, it's fine as it is. Videos ingame are short and rare enough that you have time to laugh and say "oh man, this is bad" but not get annoyed by it. It takes more time to read single page in this thread than watch all videos from regular game run.

Considering their size I would never put them on the repo or into the release package. However, turning it into a new mod and release it for people who care... why not.

About "wasting time getting it to work" - there's also other Fallout mods that could use higher resolution videos, or at the very least get them into the game without issues in the first place. I still remember how much time I wasted a few years back just to build a stupid .mve video with the horribly outdated tools for the intro of Shattered Destiny. So if we'd be able to reliably put in .avi videos, that wouldn't be so bad, even though we do not expect 100 new mods anymore.

PS: Command&Conquer remastered released with upscaled videos and nobody complained as far as I am aware.

Considering their size I would never put them on the repo or into the release package.
Ahhh, that's what i wanted to hear; carry on then, guys! :>

Command&Conquer remastered released with upscaled videos and nobody complained as far as I am aware.
Yep, but this is not a remaster (nor will be), so i look at it differently. Other than vids, C&C remastered ingame content (terrain, units, etc.) as well - and that's something we can't/won't do, so quality jump would be much more visible.

PS: Command&Conquer remastered released with upscaled videos and nobody complained as far as I am aware.
Actually, they did a bit of a shoddy work, using an automated AI computation "All-In-One (All Hail the Google Overlord™) QuickFix", if you ask me. Too mushy for my tastes, and I don't even use FullHD ^^"

as already some gored with their FullHD video in 4/8K - just re-convert .mve to avi using a simple divx/xvid codec with a size of 1280/960x720, in order to be pleasant to the eye, there is no point in doing higher than this size.

sorry for not to chimmie in lately as immense heat prevents me from launching my pc (there's around 35 centigrade during the day and i have no air conditioning in home), my pc boils and rest of the family would literally kill me if i ran my pc during the day.

But no worries.
@Lexx
I got it covered.. my cousin.. and also our forum member "cyran_" who is an architect who also does promotional videos will take care of chopping up Ryan Cinematcs videos into correct pieces. at least He himsself told me so. I'll make sure he keeps his word. in the meantile he has holidays, so chill a bit for now folks. As i said i won't be around oftehn until local weather becomes more forgiving.
also sorry for all spelling mistakes I'm after like 4 lagers mixed with vodka to releaf the temperature down (hic). so be patient ant all guys.

As Lexx said it won't nessecarily be a part of et tu however , when this is done,i'll keep them as separate download for those of us who wish for decent cutscene quality. F2 vids commin too, so keep your panties up.

@Mr.Stalin
You don't expect to just upscale a video a doezen of times and get the same results by oneself than with goooglepixel AI?? do you?

As for the resolution.. I asked "cyran_" to do both 800x600 and 1440x1080 for F1 and F2. we'll see how he performs.
so no complains until the job is done.

Great to hear about the upcoming 1.3 update. Guess I will just wait a few more weeks until I start my playthrough. Same for the upscaled video cinematics. Still cool to see the FO 1 & 2 community to be so alive and kicking! You guys do amazing work!

I wait when 1.3 update comes then maybe i will mod something, not a really big thing only add some items and change some, if the creators of the Conversion dont have a thing against this.

There will be more updates for as long as I find bugs and issues.

Nobody reported any issues related to the changes from 1 or 2 weeks ago, so I'll see that as a green light for the v1.3 release.

release_v1.3.png

Changelog:
  • Added: Fallout 2's Metal Armor Mk2 has a small chance to spawn at the Gunrunners, and a smaller chance to spawn at Jacob's in Oldtown, because why not.
  • Fixed: Changing map elevations could result in visual glitches outside the map area if the screen resolution was set too high (HRP bug).
  • Fixed: Floating text will correctly disappear now on map elevation change (vanilla Fo1/2 bug).
  • Fixed: Survivalist perk now correctly gives +20% Outdoorsman skill on each of its 3 ranks.
  • Fixed: Armor destroy mod had wrong conditions set ...
  • Fixed: Lorenzo in the Hub had a typo in his move order, which would send him outside the FLC house.
  • Fixed: Razor would not move to the Adytum entrance after the Blades attacked without the help of the player.
  • Fixed: Blades would not join the attack on Adytum if the player attacks the Regulators on his own after telling Razor "let me speak with Zimmerman first" (example: due to player not having the Holodisk to show Zimmerman).
  • Fixed: After the Blades attacked Adytum without the player, Zimmerman would remain as a "dead ghost" in frozen animation and not disappear correctly.
  • Fixed: Miles in Adytum would GIVE the player 1.000 caps when making a hardened power armor, not TAKE it from the player.
  • Fixed: Miles in Adytum would spend +6 hours (reading the science books) when hardening every power armor, not just the first.
  • Fixed: Killian in Junktown would restock his money on every map_enter if he doesn't have any in his inventory.
  • Fixed: Neal killing the Skullz ganger in Junktown could leave behind a "dead ghost" in frozen animation.
  • Fixed: "Knocking out" the raider in Marcelle's Crash House won't trigger the "you killed him"-dialog anymore.
  • Fixed: Seth in Shady Sands still had a dialog option to teleport the player to the radscorpion caves, even with the satellite locations feature enabled.
  • Fixed: The Necropolis Hall of the Dead door guard will only float text if he actually sees the player using the door.
  • Fixed: The Necropolis invasion would still happen after killing Harry and his friends, even though it was disabled (set to 0) in the fo1_settings.ini file.
  • Fixed: The Master now uses his correct critical hit tables.
  • Fixed: Mitch in the Hub was still using the "old way" of the Fo2-style merchant inventory spawning mechanic.
  • Tweaked: Changed the conditions for the "good" Hub ending slide to be more in line with the information on the Wiki (complete "find the missing caravans", don't finish any of Decker's quests, be friendly with Harold). Skipped Iguana Bob, though, because it's too random right now. Also Jain is a bit of an exception - she can be killed as long as the player didn't get the job from Decker.
  • Tweaked: Katja will now gain a few % of lockpick skill per level up.
  • Tweaked: Killing Vance in the Hub now gives "neutral" reputation instead of "bad".
  • Tweaked: Lorenzo in the Hub has a more lenient loan timeout now (4 hours instead of 24).
  • Tweaked: Lowered the requirements a bit to turn in Iguana Bob to the Sheriff.
  • Tweaked: Re-enabled attack animations when using punching bag scenery objects (overrides the "use" animation).
  • Tweaked: Reduced Mauser ammo on Gizmo back to 20 bullets (reverted Fixt change).
  • Tweaked: Removed Stimpaks from Gizmo (reverted Fixt change).
  • Tweaked: Removed one more repeating dialog loop from Gabriel in the Boneyard.
  • Tweaked: New text to Razor in the Boneyard, to remove some of the really shitty repeating dialog states.
  • Tweaked: The Shady Sands merchant is now disabled by default.
  • Tweaked: Wu in the Cathedral is selling his emblem again (alternative path to get the key).

As always, find the new release on GitHub / check the first post of this thread or just go here.

Note: Sfall has been updated to a newer (but not most recent dev-) version to fix the HRP edges visual glitch. Overriding the ddraw.dll with a different release would revert the fix, but otherwise cause no harm.

That's it for now, I guess.

Last edited:
1.I met Vault 13 invasion(GAME OVER) in 15 Aug 2162,3 days after water chip dead line (with 100 days from water merchant),is this normal?How can I change it?

I am having a similar issue. For me, the invasion is happening on 9/9/2162, 278 days after starting. I also hired the water merchants once and have used healing from the Children in the hub and in Necropolis.

I didn't modify the timers in the fo1_settings file prior to having this issue. I tried changing GVAR_VAULT_13_INVASION_DAYS after hitting this issue and reloading my game, but it doesn't seem to make a difference. I've attached my save file if you don't mind taking a look. Or is there some way I can edit it to change the timer? Thanks!

Attachments

I tried changing GVAR_VAULT_13_INVASION_DAYS after hitting this issue and reloading my game, but it doesn't seem to make a difference.
Timers can't be changed anymore after gamestart.

I really don't know what causes the timer bleeding. Water Merchants are -90 days, and the CoC healers -1 day. So unless you used the healers extensively, I can't explain the issue right now.

/Edit: I've attached your fixed savegame.

Attachments

@Lexx

I wanted begin to include new things, like items and maps but..

When i change maps{Dims Mapper} the Critters are stronger and the binoculars use on them causes Crash.

When i try to change items{F2wedit} it shows me only fallout 2 not the new stuff like vault overall etc.

Back