Fallout 2 mod Fallout et tu - Release v1.10

5950x and RTX3060, win11
if hires patch enabled in game is very slow... running on 4k display and game setup at 1920*1080

tried to tweak many options in the ini no help, while many is show speed is ok but in game is very slow mouse and screen and whole game speed

fallout 1 and 2 are from gog

Hey Lexx, so I did a playthrough recently with version from gthub app, despite selecting Mr.Handy as Hireling=1 in fo1 settings i somehow got no way of hacking Mr.Handy to join my party. this is especially weird since
1. i played the same way as I usually do
2. played with a maxed out character from a hex edited character file, (same one i usually use, so no chance of lacking skill investment).
I only used couple of global scripts as means of modding the game, and yet no matter what i did i couldn't recruit Mr.Handy. There simply was no option for it like the dialogue changed or something.

Unfortuneatly I don't have a savegame. but getting there shouldn't be too hard, 2 days of playing at most, so if a savegame is nessecary I can get there agin.

Dear Lexx and all the good people involved in this here fine conversion,
first of all let me wholeheartedly thank you for all the efforts and obvious love you put in this project!

It seems you've polished the FO1 gem to the new grade.
Though I've experienced some minor non-critical bugs during my gameplay. I supppose I should report them to https://github.com/rotators/Fo1in2/issues , shouldn't I?

Thanks again.

Nothing has changed with the way he can be recruited.
I wasn't joking nor trolling about Mr.Handy beeing non recruitable, Yeah I trust You on Your word that You haven't tampered with the script, but what about that recompilation trimming script You guys have rolling, anyways final proof I've uploaded my save file with certain file settings from just b4 fixing mr handy, there are clearly dialogue lines missing after clicking the loose line about asking Mr.Handy to assist, as to what i remember used to be, now When Mr.Handy says programming not permitting use of weapon and new orders, the only options to choose are Got it, or continue your task, which is suicide on the forcefield

Attachments

Last edited:
I tried your savegame with the recompiled scripts from git and ...

scr00009.png

No issues on my end. Used dialog path 3, 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 1, 1, 1 and done.

Script optimization can't be an issue here since the "can you hack the robot yay or nay"-condition is very simple. There's nothing that can be culled.

Last edited:
I tried your savegame with the recompiled scripts from git and ...

View attachment 25167

No issues on my end. Used dialog path 3, 1, 1, 1, 2, 2, 1, 1, 1 and done.

Script optimization can't be an issue here since the "can you hack the robot yay or nay"-condition is very simple. There's nothing that can be culled.

scr00001.png

I wonder How did You get the third option in the initial dialogue, since i only got two.
I do have the option enabled in the settings so that Mr.Handy can be recruited, so beats me what's wrong..

When you updated the game the last time, did you make a clean install or did you just copy&paste new files over old ones? If it's the later, make a clean install and try again.

That said, if this option doesn't work, other options shouldn't work either.

When you updated the game the last time, did you make a clean install or did you just copy&paste new files over old ones? If it's the later, make a clean install and try again.

That said, if this option doesn't work, other options shouldn't work either.

Yeah Full reinstall fixed the issue..

While at the topic of military base, I've noticed forcefield emmiters can be blown of with dynamite and plastic explosives disablng the force fields, could the same be possible with explosive weapons area of effect damage and the target anywhere mod perhaps? There's like bazillion of rockets and rocketlaunchers that ley around. In order to blow off those forcefields one would require to bring tons of explosives with oneself to the military base, could it be simply shortened to a shot from rocket launcher and be done with it instead of walking towards, planting the explosives, kiting back so that one's party doesn't die in the blast, and waiting whole damn 10 seconds for the explosives to trigger? it's tedious and time consuming, and truth be told a rocket exploding should do similar damage to dynamite/plastic if not greater...

so could it be done?

Also You've said that when You'll have more time to work on Et Tu You are going to look onto the matter of BoS armory and turn current way of breaking into it to something more streamlined, like the one proposed by me a while ago, where One takes the pipboy of that dead BoS guy from the glow, fixes it, gets some power armor and accesses the door computer with that pipboy wihile in Power Armor and BS the gate guards that you are the original pipboy owner. This ofcourse works only with human partymembers currently in party that also wear Power Armor as disguise. the rest could wait somewhere out of sight. boxes work as sort o trade compactors where one inputs stuff of equal value to trade for what You want. at any given attempt to enter to armory without disguise the stolen pipboy is confiscated and access revoked.

So do You have some spare time, and are willing to put it into et tu, considering this matter?

could the same be possible with explosive weapons area of effect damage and the target anywhere mod perhaps?

This already works. You have to hit the right spot.

I currently don't have any plans to add new quests, etc. Don't know right now when I would have the time for that anyways. It's highly depending on motivation, which there is none right now.

This already works. You have to hit the right spot.

I currently don't have any plans to add new quests, etc. Don't know right now when I would have the time for that anyways. It's highly depending on motivation, which there is none right now.

So could You tell me or give me a hint where is this "right spot" located? in front of the emiter or rather closer to the forcefield in order to destroy the emmiter?

As for motivation all i can do is to ask You nicely, but that'll probably be not enaugh :p

Not sure. Somewhere close to the emitter, has to be in explosion range (probably 1 hex in front of it). The emitter script doesn't check for specific explosions - any explosion (dynamite, grenade, rocket) will damage it the same way.

Not sure. Somewhere close to the emitter, has to be in explosion range (probably 1 hex in front of it). The emitter script doesn't check for specific explosions - any explosion (dynamite, grenade, rocket) will damage it the same way.
then I think it's the radius or damage numbers that matters, the dynamite explosion is visually bigger than explosion from exploding rocket, the exploding rocket is more flat explosion and doesn't visually reach the emiter. Haven't tested grenades though.

EDIT:
Checked agin..
still nothing no matter what hex i target like right next to the emiter one hex up or one hex below it doesn't do shit no matter what i blow it with, molotivs, EMP's Plasma, standard grenade, or rocket launcher. Though Rocket launcher explosion graphics is indeed the same as dynamite's, the frag grenade and molotov have a different blow up animation ( rocket explosion reaches visually the emmiter, while grenade and molotov's explosion visually doesn't). Despite all the above I couldn't destroy the forcefield emmiter with weapons, only by setting the explosive charges ( dynamite or plastic explosives). any help?

also when targetting it constantly says in the message window "You see nothing out of ordinary" when having the target cursor, just as if binoculars were chosen...

Last edited:
Hello there @Lexx !

I just recently completed Fallout 1 (vanilla) and Fallout 2 (with RPU) and I'm interested in trying your Et Tu mod for Fallout 1.

I've read you incorporate all of Fixt's bug corrections + some more bugs you removed from the base game which is great since I'm looking for a mostly purist run on these games.

I read on GitHub that Et Tu is compatible with FO2TWEAKS, High Quality Music and Party Orders (FO2), but I'm confused as to how all of that's possible since there are no instructions on GitHub saying how to configure FO2TWEAKS with Fallout 1 w/Et Tu (I'm worried using it with Et Tu might break the game/corrupt save files).

I know the Temple of Trials and modoc brahmin won't be present in Fallout 1 with Et Tu, however, since it's not written anywhere I'd like to know if the other settings in FO2TWEAKS will be fully compatible with your Et Tu mod (also, can you confirm if Party Orders and High Quality Music will also work with Et Tu, please? I'd be really grateful for any help!).

I forgot to ask about this: After installing Fallout Et Tu successfully, is the High Res Patch (that comes by default with Steam version) usable and, if so, how can I install on the Et Tu mod folder (I guess copying and pasting the high Res Patch installer won't work?)? Or is the High Res Patch not going to work and I'll need to use Sfall.ini to edit the resolution of the game?

Thank you for any help, hopefully you'll be able to see my post and reply soon :).

Last edited:
Hello there @Lexx !

I just recently completed Fallout 1 (vanilla) and Fallout 2 (with RPU) and I'm interested in trying your Et Tu mod for Fallout 1.

I've read you incorporate all of Fixt's bug corrections + some more bugs you removed from the base game which is great since I'm looking for a mostly purist run on these games.

I read on GitHub that Et Tu is compatible with FO2TWEAKS, High Quality Music and Party Orders (FO2), but I'm confused as to how all of that's possible since there are no instructions on GitHub saying how to configure FO2TWEAKS with Fallout 1 w/Et Tu (I'm worried using it with Et Tu might break the game/corrupt save files).

I know the Temple of Trials and modoc brahmin won't be present in Fallout 1 with Et Tu, however, since it's not written anywhere I'd like to know if the other settings in FO2TWEAKS will be fully compatible with your Et Tu mod (also, can you confirm if Party Orders and High Quality Music will also work with Et Tu, please? I'd be really grateful for any help!).

I forgot to ask about this: After installing Fallout Et Tu successfully, is the High Res Patch (that comes by default with Steam version) usable and, if so, how can I install on the Et Tu mod folder (I guess copying and pasting the high Res Patch installer won't work?)? Or is the High Res Patch not going to work and I'll need to use Sfall.ini to edit the resolution of the game?

Thank you for any help, hopefully you'll be able to see my post and reply soon :).
dude adding your own set of mods on top of another fallout 2 mod, ain't guaranteed to work, you basically need to know what You're doing, or else stuff might screw up, there's no guide since none of the testers bothered to try to play with other mods i guess..

From my personal experience I can telll you that you need to disable either the auto-doors-open/colse mod from et tu or the one from Fo2tweaks (I suggest disabling the latter), or else you might get crashes, as for High Resolution Patch a.k.a HRP no need to worry about copying anything from Fo2 folder. Et Tu installs inside fallout2 directory into a subfolder, so that it doesn't conflict with any of Your Fo2 stuff nor any other mods installed into fo2. HRP from Fo2 folder is not nessecary since EtTu has already two HRP's the one similar to what your Fo2 has, and one built-in to a whole lot newer sfall a.k.a ddraw.dll,You'll be promoted which one to choose anyways once you'll start the game, but i suggest to stick to the original one (be mindfull that there are various diffenrent files called ddraw.dll so don't touch it or replace it if you don't know what You're doing).

Is there a way to use f2wedit or similar with Fallout1in2? I want to reduce the weight of radscorpion taild and remove ammo weight.

Edit: figured it out thanks to the fine people of NMA Discord server; Proto Manager works like a charm

Last edited:
f2wedit should work, as Et Tu is simply a mod for Fo2 and if you have the balls You may also try ProtoManager by Mr.Stalin.

Side note though if You want to edit Et Tu stuff Yu might want to try to change the default path to the mod folder Fallout 2\EtTu's folder\mods\fo1_base etc.

Hello! I have decided to try out this mod for my next Fo1 run, and while testing some of the settings in the f1_settings file, I found a minor issue. Under the FIXIT category, I tried switching the GVAR_IRONMAN_MODE setting (from 0 to 3) and then opening up and starting a new game afterward. However, the setting did not have an apparent effect, with the starting items being default from Fo1 (base items plus tagged skill items). Is this normal?

Back