Fallout 2 mod Fallout et tu - Release v1.10

You could have just updated the script file like mentioned in the ticket.

You could have just updated the script file like mentioned in the ticket.

Sure but by the time I checked if there's a reply, I already did it, and since I noticed halfway that a bunch of settings were not activated in the ini, I'll do another playthrough where I will use it.
I wanted to ask though, is there some sort of walkthrough for all the additional content that Et Tu gives to F1? I checked out the changelogs but I'm sure I'll overlook something eventually.

Which difficulty settings you think are the most balanced and fair in Et Tu?

Would normal/normal with tougher humans and mutants enabled give me plenty of challenge without constant frustration?

Keep in mind, that this time I want to try different build with only 6 Agility and without Gifted trait.

I'm also prone to disabling upgraded weapons option.

Setting up the latest version after finishing the game with v1.8.3032. I wasn't able to solve my occasional combat crashes by disabling the extra mods I was using, I think one of them must have corrupted my save file at some point.

I noticed that some Fixt-related options have been removed from fo1_settings.ini (GVAR_AGATHA_IS_ENABLED, GVAR_BOS_LORRI_CHA_ENABLED, GVAR_BOS_LORRI_SEX_ENABLED), have these been folded into GVAR_FIXT_ENABLED, or might readding their entries allow me to toggle them?

Hi @Lexx, I'm playing Fallout Et Tu v1.9.3359 + sfall v4.4.1 with this small issues (see screenshots):

1. Task "Find and destroy the Deathclaw" is still active even after task is done.
2. Wrong critter possition (behind wall).
3. Task "Stop the Gangs from attacking Adytum" is still active.

Attachments

• f1.png
    f1.png
    450.5 KB · Views: 70
  • f2.png
    f2.png
    409.7 KB · Views: 84
  • f3.png
    f3.png
    581.9 KB · Views: 77
Hi @Lexx, I'm playing Fallout Et Tu v1.9.3359 + sfall v4.4.1 with this small issues (see screenshots):

1. Task "Find and destroy the Deathclaw" is still active even after task is done.
2. Wrong critter possition (behind wall).
3. Task "Stop the Gangs from attacking Adytum" is still active.

ad1.
did you spoke to the mutant in the lair to get the holodisk?
did you spoke to Butch from the far go traders and presented the evidence (a.k.a the holodisk from the cave?)

ad2. shit like this happen, since mob spawn is a bit random, and sometimes they end up on the wrong side of the wall. but nothing prevents you from looting the bike key out of Griffith's corpse right?

ad3. after getting the weapons for the Blades(a.k.a talking to gunrunners after killing mother deathclaw + eggs), did you spoke to Razor afterwards? the "stop gangs attacking adytum" quest is sepose to end in blades taking over adytum, either with your help or without it, however you need to let Razor know that the weaponry is ready to be taken from the gunrunners.

ad1.
did you spoke to the mutant in the lair to get the holodisk?
did you spoke to Butch from the far go traders and presented the evidence (a.k.a the holodisk from the cave?)

ad2. shit like this happen, since mob spawn is a bit random, and sometimes they end up on the wrong side of the wall. but nothing prevents you from looting the bike key out of Griffith's corpse right?

ad3. after getting the weapons for the Blades(a.k.a talking to gunrunners after killing mother deathclaw + eggs), did you spoke to Razor afterwards? the "stop gangs attacking adytum" quest is sepose to end in blades taking over adytum, either with your help or without it, however you need to let Razor know that the weaponry is ready to be taken from the gunrunners.

1. Yes, I spoke to the mutant + Yes, I spoke to Butch (problem still occurs).
2. No problem, I moved critter to correct position via F2Explorer tool.
3. Yes I spoke with Razor (problem still occurs).

there's an additonal step to talk to Butch's assistant on your way out. that step should conclude the quest.
I usually say I'll go talk to zimmerman about the holodisk Razor gave me earlier. after that there is a whole invasion on adytum with you your party, and the Blades equipped with gunnrunner toys attack the regulators ( adytowners are on your side too). after this fight is done, you need to talk to Razor one final time and the quest should cross out.

Hi @gustarballs1983, hmm you were right. I tested savegames again with this results:

1. I spoke again with Butch after kill Deathclaw. This finally helped to finishing the quest.
2. As I said, fixed position by F2Explorer tool.
3. Quest finished (line crossed) at moment that I (Vault Dweller) directly helped Razor to fight with Regulators.

Add 3. If I refuse to directly engage to fight against regulators, quest remain opened = not finished even that I get 2000 XP and +2 reputation.

Attachments

• Fallout1 - Again - Small.png
    Fallout1 - Again - Small.png
    610.3 KB · Views: 113
  • Fallout2 - Again - Small.png
    Fallout2 - Again - Small.png
    602.7 KB · Views: 106
  • Fallout3 - Again - Small.png
    Fallout3 - Again - Small.png
    457.6 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
Did my first Fallout Et Tu run a few weeks ago, was very fun to see a couple FO2 things in FO1, even if they were renamed for some odd reason? "Advanced Assault Rifle" is the FAL??

It was tweaked further in some places. Fits much better than the vanilla shit - clearly whoever did it for Fo2 didn't understood Fo1 well. Basically the beginning of the decline already.

Yeah I admit Fallout 2 has a few too many weapons which are just the actual weapon name. When FO1's naming convention was "Caliber of weapon/Type Of Weapon"

P90c should technically be 'advanced 10mm SMG' or some such. I think completely changing the weapon itself (G11 into something not a G11) is going too far though, any game with plasma weapons can have caseless weapons without breaking immersion.

Just finished a playthrough of this. Definitely a fun way to play Fallout 1. The new content fits very nicely.

A few notes I have from my experience.
1. I almost gave up trying to get this to work until I accidentally found a video explaining that it wont work in Program Files. This should be made very clear in the installation instructions.

2. The quest to hunt the deathclaw cant be finished if Harold is talked to before Slappy. This can easily be fixed by allowing the "tell me about" option to force his deathclaw related dialog if asked.

3. The Hub gets the mutant invasion ending despite being alive and well postgame. Killed the Master early, dicked around doing quests, the did the military base.

4. It's in the fallout 2 engine, it should allow for Fallout 2 options. Specifically Power Armor that carries its own weight, and the option to skip encounters with an outdoorsman roll.

This can easily be fixed by allowing the "tell me about" option to force his deathclaw related dialog if asked.

This is not easy at all. :D Two completely different systems.

I need a repro for this, else it won't get fixed. This is for all of the latest bugreports around here -- "it doesn't work" is not a repro and I will just ignore such posts.

3. The Hub gets the mutant invasion ending despite being alive and well postgame.
"postgame" means nothing. In the original game you would not be able to continue playing, so there are no ingame changes related to ending slides.

The deathclaw one will have to wait since I dont have a save there.

The Hub ending one I can provide a save. The problem is that it plays the mutant invasion ending despite the Hub not having been invaded.

Back