Fallout 2 mod Fallout et tu - Release v1.9

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by Lexx, Aug 23, 2019.

1. fuzzi

fuzzi It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jul 7, 2006
    Hi @gustarballs1983, hmm you were right. I tested savegames again with this results:

1. I spoke again with Butch after kill Deathclaw. This finally helped to finishing the quest.
    2. As I said, fixed position by F2Explorer tool.
    3. Quest finished (line crossed) at moment that I (Vault Dweller) directly helped Razor to fight with Regulators.

Add 3. If I refuse to directly engage to fight against regulators, quest remain opened = not finished even that I get 2000 XP and +2 reputation.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 26, 2023
  2. ThatZenoGuy

ThatZenoGuy Residential Zealous Evolved Nano Organism

Nov 8, 2016
    Did my first Fallout Et Tu run a few weeks ago, was very fun to see a couple FO2 things in FO1, even if they were renamed for some odd reason? "Advanced Assault Rifle" is the FAL??

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  3. NovaRain

NovaRain Casual Modder Modder Moderator

Mar 10, 2007
    Et Tu incorporates Tagaziel's Fallout 2 canon tuning.

4. Lexx

Lexx Testament to the ghoul lifespan
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    It was tweaked further in some places. Fits much better than the vanilla shit - clearly whoever did it for Fo2 didn't understood Fo1 well. Basically the beginning of the decline already.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  5. ThatZenoGuy

ThatZenoGuy Residential Zealous Evolved Nano Organism

Nov 8, 2016
    Yeah I admit Fallout 2 has a few too many weapons which are just the actual weapon name. When FO1's naming convention was "Caliber of weapon/Type Of Weapon"

P90c should technically be 'advanced 10mm SMG' or some such. I think completely changing the weapon itself (G11 into something not a G11) is going too far though, any game with plasma weapons can have caseless weapons without breaking immersion.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  6. ThegreatBenDoyle

ThegreatBenDoyle First time out of the vault

Apr 10, 2012
    Just finished a playthrough of this. Definitely a fun way to play Fallout 1. The new content fits very nicely.

A few notes I have from my experience.
    1. I almost gave up trying to get this to work until I accidentally found a video explaining that it wont work in Program Files. This should be made very clear in the installation instructions.

2. The quest to hunt the deathclaw cant be finished if Harold is talked to before Slappy. This can easily be fixed by allowing the "tell me about" option to force his deathclaw related dialog if asked.

3. The Hub gets the mutant invasion ending despite being alive and well postgame. Killed the Master early, dicked around doing quests, the did the military base.

4. It's in the fallout 2 engine, it should allow for Fallout 2 options. Specifically Power Armor that carries its own weight, and the option to skip encounters with an outdoorsman roll.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  7. Lexx

Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    This is not easy at all. :D Two completely different systems.

I need a repro for this, else it won't get fixed. This is for all of the latest bugreports around here -- "it doesn't work" is not a repro and I will just ignore such posts.

"postgame" means nothing. In the original game you would not be able to continue playing, so there are no ingame changes related to ending slides.

8. ThegreatBenDoyle

Apr 10, 2012
    The deathclaw one will have to wait since I dont have a save there.

The Hub ending one I can provide a save. The problem is that it plays the mutant invasion ending despite the Hub not having been invaded.

9. NovaRain

NovaRain Casual Modder Modder Moderator

Mar 10, 2007
    If you did any job for Decker, you won't get the good ending of the Hub.

10. ThegreatBenDoyle

Apr 10, 2012
    I took his job offer but went to the sheriff and turned him in.

11. Lexx

Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    Here are the conditions for the Hub ending:

Code:
       if hub_visible_on_map then begin
          if hub_invaded then
             set_end_hub_bad;
          else if (global_var(GVAR_MISSING_CARAVAN) >= 2) and not(is_decker_alive) and is_hightower_alive and is_harold_alive and (global_var(GVAR_SLIDE_KIND_TO_HAROLD) == 1) then
             set_end_hub_good;
          else
             set_end_hub_bad;
       end
    And if you have expanded endings enabled:
    Code:
       if hub_visible_on_map then begin
          if (hub_invaded or (global_var(GVAR_MISSING_CARAVAN) < 2)) then begin
             set_end_fo1in2_hub_bad;
          end
          else begin
             if is_decker_alive and not(is_hightower_alive) then
                set_end_fo1in2_hub_powerhouse;
             else if not(is_decker_alive) and not(is_hightower_alive) then
                set_end_fo1in2_hub_war;
             else
                set_end_fo1in2_hub_default;

// Harold
             if (is_harold_alive) and (global_var(GVAR_SLIDE_KIND_TO_HAROLD) == 1) then
                set_end_fo1in2_hub_harold;
          end
       end
    My guess is you weren't kind to Harold. This is a requirement for peace in the Hub if you don't use the expanded endings setting. If you still have a savegame from before you ended the game, you can enable them and check again. You should see different slides then.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  12. fuzzi

Jul 7, 2006
    Is there any chance in future to add the missing quests content related to Boneyard and (missing) Burrows locations (see screenshot from wiki)?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 15, 2024
  13. gustarballs1983

gustarballs1983 Vault Senior Citizen
    Modder

Oct 28, 2009
    @Lexx
    regarding this:
    FO2 Engine Tweaks (Sfall)

I reckon natively EtTu started before 4.0.3, however was the 500 item count bug related to Aredash's reward for rescuing Tandi from the raiders?

I seem to remember ppl claiming a bug that they got more money from Aredash after the 4.0.3 fix, and later You heard their call, and changed vanilla scripts so that he gives 500caps..

What's the status on this one?

Is it going to be Vanilla script+ sfall bugfix = more money from Aredash

or is it going to be:

EtTu-tuned script because of sfall bugfix in original scripting = 500 caps to pacify some puristic boneheads?

I am clueless on Your take on this matter...

14. Lexx

Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
  15. fuzzi

Jul 7, 2006
    @Lexx Just curious (and I know it is quite big amount of work) but is there any chance in future?

Last edited: Feb 15, 2024
  16. Iprovidelittlepianos

Iprovidelittlepianos Water Chip? Been There, Done That

May 12, 2020
    I think most of those quests were from an earlier version of the Boneyard that cast Adytum as an innocent town being plagued by vicious gangs, which is inconsistent with the Boneyard’s portrayal in the final game.

• [Rad] [Rad] x 1
  17. Lexx

Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    Not going to happen.

18. Golbolco

Golbolco It Wandered In From the Wastes

Jul 12, 2015
    Does anyone have a list of the expanded ending slides and their conditions? I completed my playthrough with all companions dead, so I'm curious to know what those slides look like as well as alternate slides for the Hub.

19. Who know?

Who know? First time out of the vault

Apr 1, 2024
    Hello,

Lately I found the remnants of some project I was making a few years ago, and though it's not the same exactly I felt like fooling around with a new mod project on Fallout1.
    Not the point of this post however, I wanted to submit a "Fallout1in2 Modding Base" proposition.

Fallout1in2 is a great port, and in my quest to make a fork that I think more practical for my project
    I had quite a glimpse of all the work that already went in it.
    From a player view, I don't think there is much problem with all the extras customizations that are offered, but, from a modder view, the first thought I had was that it seem a little discouraging, and unsafe to invest much work in the main build.

So after a little work on it, I came up with a separate build, very simple in it's changes but that I feel better to work on. This quick readme in the event it is of interest to anyone beside me, and is allowed naturally, should already say about everything, I think:

Is it a alright proposition? I am testing as I go along but so far it does exactly as above without issue.

20. Lexx

Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    I don't get what this proposition is, except that you took out all the customization options? How is this making modding easier? Feels to me like you just made it harder since there are now extra steps to do.