Fallout:MMO, real or not?

Two-step

First time out of the vault
Okay, so is FO:MMO actually going to happen or is Interplay simply screwing around with us. Personally, I have lost confidence in Interplay's involvement with FO and I simply don't think that they are actually going to put it out... at least not in my life time. ( I wonder if there will be a FO: After Life?)

I wonder, does anyone actually personally know anyone (not I know a guy who knows a guy) who is a part of the FO:MMO BETA or a part of it themselves... and who are they?

Is there any actual FO:MMO play testing going on?

How far along has Interplay actually gotten?

Is there a reasonable release date for FO:MMO?

I am sorry if I sound cynical about the FO:MMO but like most FO fans, I have been waiting for a long time for FO:MMO. In fact, it was the FO universe that got me interested in MMO in the first place, as I have never played an MMO before.

I regularly check the FO: on-line site and have even tried to register. As far as registration goes, there is always some reason that my registration is not accepted... mainly telling me that my e-mails don't match (which they do).
The only news that we do get seems to be about law suits. I for one am about ready to start a petition to turn FO MMO back over to Bethesda... or find a new post apocalyptic world.

Will somebody please shot Interplay so it finally dies. Maybe then there will be a slim chance we'll see the game during our lifetimes.

That's an interesting question. It's hard to tell actually, with all the legal maneuvering going on. Are they really trying to make an MMO or is this some half baked legal maneuver to try to get the Fallout franchise back? With all the time they've had, why haven't we seen more progress with the MMO? They could release demos, screenshoots, or something, but I've seen nothing but news reports from the courtroom.

If they are serious about building an MMO, I doubt Interplay's ability to pull it off. Interplay is a publisher and didn't actually write the original games. That was done by a division of creative people that became Black Isle Studios. When Interplay fumbled everything and went bankrupt, they cancelled all their ongoing Fallout plans and fired Black Isle Studios. They don't have a good business track record, and IMO, don't know squat about actual game design.

If it wasn't Interplay who wrote Fallout 1, who was it, then?
Anyway, I couldn't care less about a Fallout MMO, as there already is a Fallout MMORPG out there that satisfies all my Fallout-y needs.

Hassknecht said:

Sure they published it, and it came from out of their building, but spiritually it belongs to Tim Cain, and Chris Taylor.

Hassknecht said:
I told you. They had a group of talented, creative people in a separate division. That division was named Black Isle Studios. Interplay, per se, is just a collection of corporate suits that knows nothing about game design. They pay the expenses to put a game on the shelf. They fired everyone at Black Isle and closed the division in 2003. The people who actually made the game; story, scripting, maps, etc.; were booted out to save money and they moved on. Several of them founded Obsidian Entertainment, which made New Vegas.

Hassknecht said:
Anyway, I couldn't care less about a Fallout MMO, as there already is a Fallout MMORPG out there that satisfies all my Fallout-y needs.

1. I assume (yes, I know what they say) that by FO:MMORPG, that you are referring to the PnP type game.

2. I am not really into PnP-RPGs any more, not since I was in my early 20s... and even less interested in playing PnP-RPGs on-line. I do happen to enjoy table top strategy games such as Warhammer 40K and the equivalent digital versions... amazingly enough though, not WH40 RPG.

3. And, while you don't care about FO:MMO I do appreciate you taking the time to care about my post about the subject of FO:MMO. I am also glad that the Fallout MMORPG you mentioned satisfies all your FO needs.... but, I personally enjoy digital fallout. I do find myself coming closer to caring less about FO:MMO, but I will do my best to keep at least a little hope.

I'm refering to FOnline:2238.
Look it up, you will like it :)
But yeah, I was quite excited when I first heard about Fallout Online.
I'm not much of a MMO player (especially not when I have to pay for it) as I don't really have much time for gaming anymore, but of course, Fallout would have been a whole different world.
But it's becoming more and more clear that Fallout Online by Interplay will not be what I expect from a Fallout game.
Well, I will keep an eye out for it, but I won't hold my breath.
In the meantime, I have FOnline:2238, which actually is what I expect from a Fallout game, and it's also free.
It still has some issues, but it's under constant development, and it's getting better from day to day.
Try it out:
http://fonline2238.blogspot.com/

Richwizard said:
Hassknecht said:
I told you. They had a group of talented, creative people in a separate division. That division was named Black Isle Studios. Interplay, per se, is just a collection of corporate suits that knows nothing about game design. They pay the expenses to put a game on the shelf. They fired everyone at Black Isle and closed the division in 2003. The people who actually made the game; story, scripting, maps, etc.; were booted out to save money and they moved on. Several of them founded Obsidian Entertainment, which made New Vegas.

Black Isle didn't exist until after the first Fallout game. And Interplay wasn't just suits publishing BIS games.

An understandably, justifiably cynical summation but somewhat inaccurate.

The division existed, with that creative team working there, but didn't have the Black Isle name yet. They acquired that name after the first game.

And Even if Interplay do release Online, it will probembly be utter crap. As said in previous posts, the game is not made by the original developers (bar 1 or 2) therefore, it is just aload of fanboys making what they think is a FO game. It will be like 3 but worse because instead of you trying to kill a Crappy A.I Super Mutant, you will fight a 14 year old fanboy who thinks his tough~ Ghoul.
Therefore I will not buy the game, why should I waste good knows how much a month to fight fanboys.

I wouldn't buy the damned thing on principle, even if it was magically the greatest game ever made.

I was, and remain, friends with a few of the BIS devs. I was a supermod on the forums and owned shares in IPLY back in the day. Herve Caen is a maggot.

Dude I sure fn' hope so

Fallen Earth only d*** teased me, but FO online should way more indepth with the true Fallout universe. It needs caravan jobs/parties , jet/stim (bad/good) manufacturing , so much dude, I hope so

As long as the GoG version comes with the master and critter.dat (it should) then it works, yes.

Back