Fallout 2 mod Fallout Sonora 1.14 and Sonora Dayglow 1.14 Vanilla Translation

I noticed that the formatting for the Pipboy entries was less than ideal (thanks to your save game @Fallout_Boy )

So I went about systematically fixing all the entries, and testing them in game. They are now perfectly balanced for width, following 'Aligh Left' rules. I actually stripped all brackets, threw the text into a word processor, set it to left align, (at the ideal width) then added the brackets and numbering back in. I also added a space at the beginning of each line so the text doesn't get to the curvature of the screen. This also aligns it with other text that is displayed in the pipboy. What a job. yeeesh.

Here are some screens to show the improvement:

Screen Shot 2024-08-03 at 14.06.51.png
Screen Shot 2024-08-03 at 14.07.08.png
Screen Shot 2024-08-03 at 14.07.20.png

Does anyone know if this version is possible to play on an Android phone? Maybe using fo2.exe app. I tried but encountered some installation errors.

@Crippzter - You can download Fallout CE for Android here

This translation should work with that version of Fallout CE, provided you can get Sonora working on it.

@Crippzter - You can download Fallout CE for Android here

This translation should work with that version of Fallout CE, provided you can get Sonora working on it.
Stupid me used the windows version first. Now when using the APK it works! Yay! Thank you for this! Good job!
Now I will try this game on my mobile.

If it's possible to stretch out the game using the full screen of the mobile, let me know.

Hey folks, I recently downloaded and installed
Foxx's release from 27.07. ddraw.dll semes malware free, though getting rid of the configurator as always (though no flagging it contains 3 flies in it).
Anyways wanted to nod that Foxx's release now comes tailored with optional Cambragol's translation. Though not the latest translation version, but it's still pretty cool Foxx did the extra effort for western folks.
You probably still need to do extra steps before launching the installer in order to be able to install the english version.
Still prefer Foxx's release over Fallout2CE, due to sfall functions....

Just checking in for a short special report, since I booted up the game again to see what's to discover after the ending.

1) Special Encounter Mobile Fortress. But in dialogue it's a platform. I think sticking with fortress would be a better choice. Also some hickups: 'to debug the platform' > 'to maintain the fortress' - 'It's no wonder you don't know, since we're far from those parts' > 'No wonder you've never heard of the place, it's a long way from here'.
Fortress.png

2) 'You're not the first and you wont be the last, to think this way. But common people are helpless when facing a threat like the super mutants or deathclaws. They need the Brotherhood, like it or not.' - 'They don't even know themselves. The captain promised them some prosperous lands, that they'll occupy to build a mutant state.' - 'I've already missed that chance. There's desert all around, sooner or later they'd catch me anyway. But even if I tried to make a run for it, I'd never make it back home to Lost Hills. I don't even know where we are.' - 'Really? Then not all hope is lost. As far as I know, there's an outpost in Puerto (?) where I could be taken in that could take me in.'
Fortress2.png

3) Special Encounter Padre. 'Ancient books contain knowledge about aviation, among other things. But why do I have to explain this? Just a few years ago, Phoenix and other settlements were only lit by candlelight. And now? Electrical Power has returned thanks to the wisdom of ancient books/knowledge.' - 'Can you get me out of here with your iron bird?'
Padre.png

Keep it going guys!

Last edited:
Nice catches @Fallout_Boy . They are in, mostly as you suggested.

I am currently moving through the game at a snail's pace, as I am fixing buggy and odd quests as I go. Debugging quests takes time...

I have upload a new version of the translation here. The changelog is here.

I have also added an 'Extra' link on the front page of the Fallout Sonora website. There you will find a link to a 'Script Patch' for Fallout Sonora. This patch contains all the scripts I have modified, mostly to fix or improve quest/dialogue logic issues I have encountered thus far in my play-through. There are 25 modified scripts currently. They are totally optional, and somewhat tested. However, if they work according to my design, they will provide some welcome improvements to a number of quests and conversations. They do not add any 'new' content, just fixes to the flow of, and completion of, existing quests/dialogues

Yeah, that must be a vault. I tweaked the other lines as well. They were a little stiff.

I am encountering issues with the handling of the Spanish perk, and Spanish language in particular. Found a seriously bugged/broken dialogue/script in Casa Grande that needs a major overhaul. Made me wonder whether I shouldn't straighten out how Spanish is presented in the game (in the case where the player HAS the Spanish perk). Currently there are at least a few cases where the player is expected to output Spanish, because they have the Spanish perk, even though we have no idea whether the player knows Spanish (probably doesn't if they are playing in English).

I may need to make a standardized approach here. For example, when the player HAS the perk, present the spanish and english side by side. Or, just present the English, with some formatting tweak to show that the player is speaking in Spanish. I am leaning towards the latter, as there are places where extended 'Spanish' conversations would get wonky if both languages were presented side by side throughout.

No slight to the Sonora mod at all, still a masterpiece in my eyes, but I am doing a serious amount of bug fixing here.

On that note, does anyone else get glitchy sound with the music for Casa Grande? It is the only place I have noticed this, and if so I may need to reformat/re-encode the music here.

I am encountering issues with the handling of the Spanish perk, and Spanish language in particular. Found a seriously bugged/broken dialogue/script in Casa Grande that needs a major overhaul. Made me wonder whether I shouldn't straighten out how Spanish is presented in the game (in the case where the player HAS the Spanish perk). Currently there are at least a few cases where the player is expected to output Spanish, because they have the Spanish perk, even though we have no idea whether the player knows Spanish (probably doesn't if they are playing in English).

I may need to make a standardized approach here. For example, when the player HAS the perk, present the spanish and english side by side. Or, just present the English, with some formatting tweak to show that the player is speaking in Spanish. I am leaning towards the latter, as there are places where extended 'Spanish' conversations would get wonky if both languages were presented side by side throughout.

No slight to the Sonora mod at all, still a masterpiece in my eyes, but I am doing a serious amount of bug fixing here.

On that note, does anyone else get glitchy sound with the music for Casa Grande? It is the only place I have noticed this, and if so I may need to reformat/re-encode the music here.

that may be an issue with the enine itself though.. OG Fallout 1/2 engine was relying on SoundBlaster32 cards as base for their opertation and that is 4 simultaneus sounds at any given time. The world has mooved on new hardware came in capable of up to 128 simultaneous sounds adn sfall is able to tweak the engine with up to 32 simultaneous sounds although the standard is usually 8 or 16 for most mods..
before complaining I'd check your soundcard capabilities first, and next you may try running the game with sfall + original exe, as this might be Fallout2CE issue as well.

EDIT:
either that or You'd have to re-record the tracks agin and make sure you don't overgo above 4 simultaneous sounds at any given time..

that may be an issue with the enine itself though..

In my case that would be Fallout CE. Very possible of course. I guess no one else is getting or noticing static, so it could also be something with my setup. I did grab the hi-res tracks from github and when using those the glitching is gone. So the original file could have some issue as well, at least with my setup.

Looking at the Spanish Perk handling more...

I am planning to use angle brackets '< >' to surround Spanish dialogue that is being said or heard by a Spanish speaker (i.e. one with the Spanish Perk)

There are currently multiple cases where a player without the perk will hear Spanish being spoken in floating dialogues, however, a character with the Spanish Perk would only see these as English. So they would never even know that their perk was working!

Adding the angle brackets would alert the player who chose this perk to the fact that the perk was, in fact, working.

I have updated the translation. Find the download here, and the changelog here

There is also and updated to the extra 'script' patch. Here

I combed through all the NPCs and dialogues in Casa Grande and the Highwaymen (Blue Shields) areas. Things should be a lot smoother there now.

Managed to get double angled quotation marks working in the game. These are used in Spanish I believe, so these would be ideal for my purposes.

A sample of how it would look for someone with the Spanish perk:

Screen Shot 2024-08-10 at 19.38.30.png
Screen Shot 2024-08-10 at 19.38.44.png
Screen Shot 2024-08-10 at 19.38.50.png

Just went there and shot some innocent people for testing purposes. Everything sounded fine for me.

What version are you running? vanilla CE or Foxx's rebuild? Because there is definitely something off with the Casa Grande/Fallout CE combo.

Back