Fallout 2 mod Fallout Sonora Install (English Translation)

Dr. Sep

Keeper of the G.E.C.K.
Just downloaded Sonora and I am having trouble getting it to work. Is there only supposed to be the mods folder, master.dat, and sfall.dat? I have tried putting just fallout2.exe and putting the entire fallout 2 files with it but it immediately crashes.

Just downloaded Sonora and I am having trouble getting it to work. Is there only supposed to be the mods folder, master.dat, and sfall.dat? I have tried putting just fallout2.exe and putting the entire fallout 2 files with it but it immediately crashes.
Also having trouble with the Yesterday mod as well. :confused:

as for Fallout:Sonora, it appears you only got the unofficial translation of the game, not the game installation (which is in Russian) and which has to be downloaded from rutracker.org russian varez site. English Fallout2.exe 1.02d doesn't work since the game requires Russian executable in order to work, so you need the full game installer, you either get it from Nevada Band's site or from rutracker.org. since those games are distributed in a certain way, they might be considered piracy in western world, hence You won't find any direct links here to the installers.

As for Fo:Yesterday, it requires to copy Fallout2.exe from your Fallout2 installation ( a.k.a You must own a legitimate Fallout 2 copy to run the Fallout:Yesterday ). also in case of Fo:Yesterday there's also the need to rename the executable somehow, but i don't remember to what it should be renamed. Due to certain schizma in fallout community created by Youtuber Warlockracy, Fallout:Yesterday News are locked to Fallout:Yesterday's Patreon, and until the project is complete, there's unlikely any news or any new versions will be available publicly. All thanks to Warlockracy who managed to successfully anger Fallout:Yesterday's creator by widespreading misinformation that the project is a copycat of other productions, while it only used certain art as placeholders in early alpha releases until Hexer develops his own art, to replace the placeholders.

as for Fallout:Sonora, it appears you only got the unofficial translation of the game, not the game installation (which is in Russian) and which has to be downloaded from rutracker.org russian varez site. English Fallout2.exe 1.02d doesn't work since the game requires Russian executable in order to work, so you need the full game installer, you either get it from Nevada Band's site or from rutracker.org. since those games are distributed in a certain way, they might be considered piracy in western world, hence You won't find any direct links here to the installers.

As for Fo:Yesterday, it requires to copy Fallout2.exe from your Fallout2 installation ( a.k.a You must own a legitimate Fallout 2 copy to run the Fallout:Yesterday ). also in case of Fo:Yesterday there's also the need to rename the executable somehow, but i don't remember to what it should be renamed. Due to certain schizma in fallout community created by Youtuber Warlockracy, Fallout:Yesterday News are locked to Fallout:Yesterday's Patreon, and until the project is complete, there's unlikely any news or any new versions will be available publicly. All thanks to Warlockracy who managed to successfully anger Fallout:Yesterday's creator by widespreading misinformation that the project is a copycat of other productions, while it only used certain art as placeholders in early alpha releases until Hexer develops his own art, to replace the placeholders.
Okay, that sucks about Yesterday, it looked pretty interesting. Thank you for the help with Sonora though, I can not wait to get into it.

Oh, oh DANG! I had no idea that's what happened to the Fallout: Yesterday project, I've always wondered whatever happened to that mod. I even remember promoting that mod on Instagram a few years ago, which caught the attention of the mod's creator. He was really appreciative about it, such a shame to hear that happen.
Thanks Gustar for the info!

:clap: :ok:

Oh, oh DANG! I had no idea that's what happened to the Fallout: Yesterday project, I've always wondered whatever happened to that mod. I even remember promoting that mod on Instagram a few years ago, which caught the attention of the mod's creator. He was really appreciative about it, such a shame to hear that happen.
Thanks Gustar for the info!

:clap: :ok:

It was easy to remember since I took part in this whole drama, It wasn't the first time Warlockracy stepped on someone's toes though, i think it all started when He quoted my post on soyboi gamers, pretending to be one, and making fun of my words, later there was a whole outrage of russian community, that defended Warlo, and things started to go down the drain in Fo:Yesterday's thread, Just as if RUS vs. UKR war was an aftermath of this discussion, as the war started nearly few days after the dispute, after that Warlo made a mocking Video on Fallout:Yesterday mocking an " *incomplete*/under construction" project as a project that burrows stuff from other projects without asking for permission, and claiming as it's own. while this art was only used as placeholders, so that players would actually had some sort of experience while testing early alpha versions, instead of feeling like lab rats.

Hexer was heavily struck by the Video, and Gated new versions behind Patreon only, so that nobody talks shit about a job half done so to speak, Hence v4.2 or so was the last available publicly.
Don't worry folks, Hexer promised wil be back when the work is done, and the finished game will be available to everyone, it's just that the beta testing phase is gated behind Patreon, so that certain Schmucks keep their mouth shut.

Back