FALLOUT the movie

Crookzie2 said:
Damn it!
When are people going to realise games to movies suck!

People who cannot understand the concept should stop doing it.

Doom would have been so easy to create.

Like damn, that movie only need 1 actor, and his face shouldn't have even be visable in that movie.

And somehow they f*ck up the hellportal and turn it into another DNA failure experiment.

The game already tells the story, the game is the story, its not suppose to be rewriten for some dark reason. Stick to the game, take the best parts, compile it into a straight story and done. :)

But hey what do i know...The big boys with their marketing can actually make shit look like gold.

IMTO*

Fallout the movie should be survival/humor

~Should include most if not all of the cast from Reservoir Dogs; have Clancy Brown as a supermutant [good guy or bad], and Tom Waits as Harold.

(don't shoot me...),but I really think it should star Nicolas Cage as the Vault Dweller.

cage2-1.jpg

*twisted opinion

You can't adapt an open-worlded RPG like Fallout for a movie. The story is too long and not driven enough. It'll end up looking like a travelogue.

Certain movies with a strong enough constant narrative could work, though. Gore Verbinski's Bioshock could be the first film to break the adaptation curse.

But why a movie? Why not TV-Series? 2-3 hours isn't long enoug

THIS.

I think it would not be a good ideia to adapt the original games to movies or series. Instead, it would be good to make a series BASED on the Fallout world.

Doom would have been so easy to create.

Like damn, that movie only need 1 actor, and his face shouldn't have even be visable in that movie.

And somehow they f*ck up the hellportal and turn it into another DNA failure experiment.

I agree, Doom had the simplest story ever. I hated how it got turned into a horrible Resident Evil IN SPACE. Where demons come from? From HEEEEEEEEEEELL, motherfuckers! They sure don't come from Mars or EVIL GENES! Evil Genes? EVIL GENES? EVIL GENES? EVIL FUCKING GENES?

You gotta agree that the FPS sequence was easily the best thing in the movie, however.

You gotta agree that the FPS sequence was easily the best thing in the movie, however.

Totally agree, that was the only part that actually got me sitting up straight for a few moments :)

But i felt the whole doom thing coming from the first time i saw the trailer.

A Fallout Movie..hmm leave it well enough alone. A T.V. Series could maybe work. But if it turns out like Terminator Series..then hell no.

(don't shoot me...),but I really think it should star Nicolas Cage as the Vault Dweller.

cage2-1.jpg

Cage isn't even a bad idea hehe lol @ the pic.

And if a Mad Max Movie would work, why wouldn't a fallout movie work.

And if some guys should join this movie.
I vote:

star-wars-day-10-honiton-devon-props-firefly-mal-reynolds-nathan-fillion-browncoat.jpg

And ofcourse a guestrole for:

PERLMAN_narrowweb__300x400,0.jpg

But would be difficult to put many A-Ranked actors in a flick like this :)

We can always dream.. :D

Crookzie2 said:
Damn it!
When are people going to realise games to movies suck!
Just get Uwe Boll to do it.

He makes great movies.

(If anyone thinks I was serious about the above, please check yourself into your nearest Clue facility for treatment).

First off, the fundamental problem facing any game-to-movie adaptation is that so few games, save maybe action-shooters, can snugly fit the Hollywood Formats of Action, Drama, Horror, Romance-Comedy, et al.

Fallout as a concept has elements of almost all of those categories, from the drama of leaving the Vault, the adventure of going through some epic quest & fighting off raiders, horror in things like mindless brain-eating sewer ghouls (and ghouls in general) the macabre and murderous tendencies of Super Mutants, etc.
Honestly, the closest I could come to categorizing the ideal Fallout movie would be an Adventure/Survival Horror with lots of dark humor.

Sadly, I think doing it "right" as a live-action movie would be very difficult at best without a Spielburg budget.

Todd would love you.

Because I personally believe Todd's life long dream is to be a "respected" action movie director.

Then again, maybe I would love this idea more if Todd quits Beth to join the movie business and forms a new studio with good ole Pete, and everyone's happy.

Todd will get to do his action movies thing he always dreamed of, and Pete can spins as much as he wants without "hardcore" fans dissing him.

Some of us will probably be happier too, since whoever replaces them "might" want to make "real" "RPGs".

Dragula said:
MrCaleb said:
Dragula said:
A boy and his dog has already been made.

Worth watching? :) Never seen it.... :roll:
Indeed, it's terrific.

wow this is some serious grave digging but I'm in the process of watching A Boy And His Dog now... The parallels between this film and the Fallout storyline are too many to ignore. This movie obviously played an instrumental roll in the plot of Fallout.

worth watching if only for cultural value.

Pope Viper said:
If they made the movie turnbased and isometric, I'd watch it.

:)

Why watch it... WHEN YOU CAN PLAY IT!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Anyway, a Fallout movie could go over well if it's done correctly. Most the time it doesn't.

Maybe it could be a network TV mini-series :)

lasix9 said:
Pope Viper said:
If they made the movie turnbased and isometric, I'd watch it.

:)

Why watch it... WHEN YOU CAN PLAY IT!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Anyway, a Fallout movie could go over well if it's done correctly. Most the time it doesn't.

Maybe it could be a network TV mini-series :)

Even some of the fight scenes of "A boy and his dog" reminded me of fallout... it was that similar.

Woah, i'm not an established member of the community but hear me out on this one. ..

Basically, if Fallout was to be a movie it would not work in the hollywood mold, and I think a mini tv series would be good platform for it, or else a couple or trilogy of films...I think the whole aesthetic of the fallout world is more suited to cinema though than television.

I think people are thinking too much of blockbusters, Falllout is not action packed- its a sublime peice of work.
Sure its darkly comic, but not in over the top way, that youtube faux trailer is good, but I think the humour in Fallout is only a supporting role, most of the time your wondering through a deserted California where once great cities are now reduced to ghetto's.
Also the turn based combat could actually be brought believably to the screen....Sergio Leone's westerns come to mind. In fact Fallout would probably be classified as a (sci-fi) western if it was ever brought to a film.

I think it's possible and I would surely direct it, tho not without bringing someone from the original crew for cross-questioning and making sure it stays true to canon. I would however base the movie on Van Buren. If you like the story of the original Fallout games just play them. I wouldn't want to mess with perfection.

I think the script should be written by David Peoples (Unforgiven, Blade Runner, Soldier, 12 Monkeys) and it would, more or less define the style of the direction.

Back