Fallout: The Ronto

Adamguy61

First time out of the vault
I always wondered what it would be like in Toronto (or "The Ronto") after the war, and just Canada in general.

I think it would be something like this:

You would start up in Northern Ontario or something, like "New Sudbury" where the aftermath of the Nuclear War wouldn't be so harsh.

And you are sick or something (with some kind of crazy disease, idk, its an idea) and the only place with the necessary doctors and medicine are in The Ronto.

You must journey your way south, encountering settlement after settlement, random critters, and also stopping at all the Tim Hortons shops on the way.

Yeah like I said, a fallout game in Canada would be cool. I'd buy it. (but thats not saying much, because i bough BOS)

What's so great about post-apocalyptic Toronto? I mean, I get places like Washington D.C., Las Vegas, Reno, Los Angeles and San Francisco. There's not only cool landmarks, but those cities have an unique feel to them. Tell me what makes Toronto a better pick than New York, New Orleans, Miami or London for example? I'm not trying to pick a fight or anything, don't get me wrong, I'm just curious. Please, tell me what makes Toronto a great setting.

I personally don't like a Fallout game focused on only one large city: FO1 and FO2 had some large cities, but they weren't the center of the story or had received the bulk of the dev's attention. FO3 on the other hand, had DC as the main city and everything else was either a tiny settlement or a series of houses and rocky hills. New Vegas... from what I've heard Vegas isn't the main focus, which sounds well, but your idea just sounds like Ontario is going to be the bulk of the game map, with a few settlements outside of the city here and there.

Relentless666, In the Fallout Universe we are never given the full story on Canada. All we know is that it was annexed by the US, that's it. Canada would make for an interesting setting I think, its fate is left vague at best and that allows for multiple possibilities. Did Canada get nuked because it was part of the USA? Or did it survive mostly with only radiation in the southern provinces? Canada would probably not be a numbered sequel, but be like New Vegas.

I'd like to see a Fallout game (spin-off I suppose) set in Canada. As Artemis pointed out. we were never given a big picture about Canada, which is somewhat lacking if you ask me.

Though, the problem is, it is pretty much impossible to make a Fallout game nowadays that isn't set in one, or around one, big city. Gamebryo (or Creation Engine or whatever) can't pull it off, and what we can get, at best, is a one big city with the surrounding area which would be rather shrunk (at least that would happen in Gamebryo - can't say anything about the new engine, but I believe the situation would be similar).

At any rate, chances of having a Fallout game which is set in Canada are pretty much zero. I'd like to add that such idea might not be so good at this point, because Bethsoft would probably ruin the canon (again), unless Obsidian makes the game, of course, which is, again, almost impossible.

I dunno, the lack bit seems a bit of a joke; that Canada wasn't really important only just annoyed us before we ran over 'em to get to Alaska quicker and really didn't matter to the whole of things.

Back