Fallout Theme Songs

StopSigntheVendingMachine

narcissistic sociopath
Post themes you'd like to hear in a future game or mod. First, post a lore-friendly song and then an ambient/ instrumental track that would play after it. I'll start:
theme #1: My idea of a mod beginning on a ranch, with the player being known as The Farmhand:

theme#2: My idea of a Fallout 4 protagonist change (The Overseer). Besides that, these two tracks are just perfect for Fallout in general and perfect together:

Last edited:
In my old Fallout PnP campaign, the "theme" that played as a session started and I recounted the events of the previous was this:

Before and after the theme, Mark Morgan's "Desert Wind" was my go to ambient track.

theme#3: My take on the Van Buren theme. At first, the song was random but now I shoe-horned an explanation that it's about all our shared anguish at the current state of Fallout and missing the RPG elements and good stories. "Since I don't have you":

theme#4: Based on The Dutch Ghost (can't believe I forgot about him), Atomic Postman's and Ugly Kid's shared ideas of The Slave in the Texas wastes. Would've rather posted New Hope from the Fallout 1.5: Resurrection soundtrack, but take my word for it. It sounds like Dream Town, not to say that the later doesn't also fit:

Last edited:
theme#5: My idea of a mod set in Washington state starring The Raider. Not sure what to pair this song to. Any suggestions?:

---or---

---or---

---or---

Last edited:
theme#3: My take on the Van Buren theme. At first, the song was random but now I shoe-horned an explanation that it's about all our shared anguish at the current state of Fallout and missing the RPG elements and good stories. "Since I don't have you":

theme#4: Based on Atomic Postman's and Ugly Kid's shared ideas of The Slave in the Texas wastes. Would've rather posted New Hope from the Fallout 1.5: Resurrection soundtrack, but take my word for it. It sounds like Dream Town, not to say that the later doesn't also fit:

I like both songs you posted, although I am about 90% certain the Van Buren "theme" was meant to be I Don't Want To Set The World On Fire by the Ink Spots. I recall reading somewhere in the 700+ pages of documents and dev posts that they were at the very least going to play it over the ending FMV of the Prisoner jettisoning from BOMB station as the ICBMs streaked toward their targets.

EDIT: Also for the last one you posted, it's nice and fast/bombastic cheerful to the point that putting "Desert Wind" after it would be a very Fallout style juxtaposition

I was thinking of something forest or tribal themed for the setting, with rainfall, chimes, wind, and sticks rustling, etc., with not too many mechanical or electronic sound effects. Albuquerque from the 1.5 Resurrection soundtrack and Jackals from Sonora didn't cut it, and Dream Town and New Hope sound too optimistic. But going trough the official music again, the only ones I like fitting with the You Rascal, You cover are what you suggested plus Acolytes of the New God, Second Chance, and Radiation Storm. Thanks for replying, Postman.

I was thinking of something forest or tribal themed for the setting, with rainfall, chimes, wind, and sticks rustling, etc., with not too many mechanical or electronic sound effects. Albuquerque from the 1.5 Resurrection soundtrack and Jackals from Sonora didn't cut it, and Dream Town and New Hope sound too optimistic. But going trough the official music again, the only ones I like fitting with the You Rascal, You cover are what you suggested plus Acolytes of the New God, Second Chance, and Radiation Storm. Thanks for replying, Postman.

Second Chance seems to fit the bill IMO. I always got the atmosphere of the strange, new world/civilization that was in its infancy. Always why I thought it was actually a great fit for The Sink in OWB weirdly enough.

Also, as for the "Prisoner/Slave" opening you referenced in the OP, I think "Big Rock Candy Mountain" would be the song for that. Primarily because it's how O' Brother Where Art Thou opened and that's where I got the idea, and it seems to fit pretty good.

I’ll give this a shot.

This song might be a little too on the nose, but I feel it’s a lore-friendly song, despite being released in 1982. We also don’t get to hear this kind of jazz in the games, but I think it fits the lore. Beatnik types would probably have listened to this in the 2070s.

This song doesn’t necessarily juxtapose well with Nuclear War, but I do feel it’s a creepy, desolate-sounding ambient track that would fit fallout well.

If "radio playlist" was a thing in Fallout (what I mean: you can't listen to songs in Pipboy whenever you want, like in New Vegas), this song that is briefly played in FOT intro (only a short segment is played) could be included in the first game:

Alternate driving track (this music would play while you're using your bike):

Vipers camp (a faction that was cut from Fallout) track:

Back