Fallout: Yesterday v0.6 released!

The_Proletarian

Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!
Staff member
Admin
A new update for Fallout: Yesterday just dropped, the project that aims to recreate Van Buren as a total conversion mod for Fallout 2. It's version 0.6 now and it comes with a lengthy changelog. You can follow the project on Patreon.

Also available on Nexus.

- Over 30 new quests in Hoover Dam and Maxson Bunker

- Improved party management inside and outside of combat

- 100+ new items and weapons

- 100+ new Traits and Perks. Also improved their descriptions

- Many bugfixes

- Multiple vehicles

- Free-roaming caravans

- Reworked special encounters

- Starvation and dehydratation system on Hard difficulty

- Integrated many features from Fallout 2 Mechanics MiniRework mod

- New main story content

- New craftable items including books

- New UI button for quick crafting access

- New Talking Heads

- New music tracks

- New title video

- Upscaled all videos. Thanks gustarballs1983!

- Subtitles for "A is for Atom"

- Updated sfall to version 4.4.4

Last edited:
I installed the game with instructions version 0.6

1. Extract the game to a new folder of your choice. Do *not* extract the game into an existing Fallout 2 installation.

2. Copy fallout2.exe, master.dat, critter.dat and patch000.dat files from Fallout 2 install folder to the Fallout Yesterday install folder (the one with patch001.dat)

and i get

fallout 2 error initializing video mode 640x480

what should i do?

I installed the game with instructions version 0.6

1. Extract the game to a new folder of your choice. Do *not* extract the game into an existing Fallout 2 installation.

2. Copy fallout2.exe, master.dat, critter.dat and patch000.dat files from Fallout 2 install folder to the Fallout Yesterday install folder (the one with patch001.dat)

and i get

fallout 2 error initializing video mode 640x480

what should i do?

Did you enable High Resolution mod? Follow instructions inside INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS.txt and you should be fine.

Just wondering, is the color supposed to be washed out in this game? My client color looks like black & white (or color blind mode if i am describing it correctly)

Just wondering, is the color supposed to be washed out in this game? My client color looks like black & white (or color blind mode if i am describing it correctly)
Hi, yes, that is normal. You start inside a simulation hologram. Once you exit, the colors will return to normal. I’ll make some changes to the beginning so players know everything’s OK with their graphics.

Heya mutants,

we've decided to host the game's source code out in the open on GitLab as another download option for you.

https://gitlab.com/falloutfans/fallouty

This is also a place where you can report bugs or post ideas. And possibly even contribute to the project's progress if you're a game developer yourself. Every fixed bug counts!

Have fun and see you out there where 1s and 0s flow

Hi, yes, that is normal. You start inside a simulation hologram. Once you exit, the colors will return to normal. I’ll make some changes to the beginning so players know everything’s OK with their graphics.
gotcha, thank you! i thought that was my client issue :)

Back