FoT Mulitplayer

NinjaAssassin

First time out of the vault
I think you all need to take a hard look at the mulitplayer in fallout tactics, as it has changed drastically from when it was first made.

People have changed the way its played, even to go as far as creating Roleplaying maps!

FoT multiplayer despretly needs you, as we are losing people every single day as rooms get smaler and smaller.

Its easy to check it out! just install the game and the 1.27 patch, fire up Gamespy and go to the fallout tactics room, people there will be happy to point you in the direction of websites, maps, and such.

I loved FOT MP.. Until I realized it didn´t work. When a game was played on LAN, at some point things started happening differently on each of the two computers(like, I kill my friend´s team member, but he doesn´t see it so). Nothing fixed the prob, and so it rendered MP pretty much unplayable. Haven´t tried it since, don´t know if it would work differently now.

the problem you faced and others face, is called being "Out of sync" where information on one computer is different from another. this can vary, from when one person is all on his own, cant see anybody, or notice stuff changing (e.g. opening doors) or he could be partially in sync, where he can see people and talk with them, but they may say "open that door for me" and the other guy is like "wtf it is open get your ass in here", or when one guys like "haha your dead" and the other guys is like "um, no im not cuz i just killed your ass"

in the end, the 1.27 patch helped this a little, and also having a good server can be great, I found that when i am hosting, its uncommon to see lag or 'OoS', even on the huge Roleplaying maps.

what im gonna say is "get in there and try it again, people i nthe GSA room are quite friendly and will teach you the new ways the game is played."

Fallout Tactics runs quite well under linux wine. It seems to have helped us getting rid of that annoying Out-Of-Sync Bug finally ! we played like 50+ games without it appearing !

Back