Fallout 2 utility FRM converter?

Discussion in 'Fallout General Modding' started by harmond, Apr 25, 2021.

1. harmond

harmond First time out of the vault

Jan 27, 2008
    I want to batch convert all scenery FRM files to gif (or bmp etc) and then back to FRM.

Does anyone still have any of those old converters?

For some reason they seem to have been removed from Downloads. There's FRM browser but it doesn't do batch conversion.

Thanks.

2. harmond

Jan 27, 2008
  3. Zaius238

Zaius238 Art by Phoenix-Private

Jul 14, 2007
    Do you still need 'em (I noticed you found editors elsewhere)? I don't have the whole thing, but perhaps it'll help.

Hrm, I'm using BMP (16 bits) format. :(
    It's out of tune with my needs, if you're after GIF files, sorry. Can't help, if that's the case.

4. harmond

Jan 27, 2008
    If you have something that can batch convert bmp or gif into .FRM i'm interested! It seems like gif2frm can only do one file at a time, or at least i don't know how to make it batch convert a whole folder.

5. Zaius238

Jul 14, 2007
    I use Fallout Frame Animator 2.7. I can send you the file, if you want it.

I don't know how to convert tons of BMP/GIF files into FRM, in a single command, unfortunately. I convert files one at a time.

6. Lexx

Lexx Testament to the ghoul lifespan
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    FRM Animator has a batch function. Frm to fpr and fpr back to frm. The fpr files are FRM Animator project files, which are connected to the extracted bmp files.

No clue why your graphics need to be gif, but I guess some other tool should be able to convert bmp to gif (IrfanView?).

7. Zaius238

Jul 14, 2007
    I wish the batch conversion option in FA 2.7 was more newbie-friendly.
    I gave up about using that thing.

8. Lexx

Lexx Testament to the ghoul lifespan
    Moderator Modder

Apr 24, 2005
    What's the problem with it? You select the source and then set the destination with the wanted file format. Press Start and it's doing its thing.

9. harmond

Jan 27, 2008
    Many thanks Lexx, that works great!

Let me know if you need help with it Zaius. But yes it's super simple, just select source (select all files), then select a destination, click start. Done.

10. harmond

Jan 27, 2008
    Is there a way to make it leave the file names alone though? Not optimal that it changes all the names.