Fallout 2 utility FRM converter?

harmond

First time out of the vault
I want to batch convert all scenery FRM files to gif (or bmp etc) and then back to FRM.

Does anyone still have any of those old converters?

For some reason they seem to have been removed from Downloads. There's FRM browser but it doesn't do batch conversion.

Thanks.

I want to batch convert all scenery FRM files to gif (or bmp etc) and then back to FRM.
Do you still need 'em (I noticed you found editors elsewhere)? I don't have the whole thing, but perhaps it'll help.

nvm, this file seems to contain a lot of old stuff including FRM to gif, GIF to FRM..
Hrm, I'm using BMP (16 bits) format. :(
It's out of tune with my needs, if you're after GIF files, sorry. Can't help, if that's the case.

Do you still need 'em (I noticed you found editors elsewhere)? I don't have the whole thing, but perhaps it'll help.

Hrm, I'm using BMP (16 bits) format. :(
It's out of tune with my needs, if you're after GIF files, sorry. Can't help, if that's the case.

If you have something that can batch convert bmp or gif into .FRM i'm interested! It seems like gif2frm can only do one file at a time, or at least i don't know how to make it batch convert a whole folder.

If you have something that can batch convert bmp or gif into .FRM i'm interested! It seems like gif2frm can only do one file at a time, or at least i don't know how to make it batch convert a whole folder.
I use Fallout Frame Animator 2.7. I can send you the file, if you want it.

I don't know how to convert tons of BMP/GIF files into FRM, in a single command, unfortunately. I convert files one at a time.

FRM Animator has a batch function. Frm to fpr and fpr back to frm. The fpr files are FRM Animator project files, which are connected to the extracted bmp files.

No clue why your graphics need to be gif, but I guess some other tool should be able to convert bmp to gif (IrfanView?).

I wish the batch conversion option in FA 2.7 was more newbie-friendly.
I gave up about using that thing.

What's the problem with it? You select the source and then set the destination with the wanted file format. Press Start and it's doing its thing.

Many thanks Lexx, that works great!

Let me know if you need help with it Zaius. But yes it's super simple, just select source (select all files), then select a destination, click start. Done.

Is there a way to make it leave the file names alone though? Not optimal that it changes all the names.

Back