Future Fallout Game

G00CH

First time out of the vault
I dont think the next game (after new vagas) should be Fallout 4, but a new Fallout Tactics, if you imagen the squad comand style of conflict:desert storm2 in the RPGstyle and setting of Fallout, i think that would be amazing.

:crazy:

And why couldn't Fallout 4 offer more party members to follow you ate the same time?

And why couldn't you order them to attack or take cover and stuff?

Why would you want to call it tactics?

Tactics was a good game, from my sight...

But what Fo fans really need, is true Fallout RPG, as Fo1 and Fo2 were. I think, there's no harm in adding more complex battle system from Tactics, WITHOUT removing most RPG-elements from this theoretical game 8-) The creators of original FoT didn't bothered themselves with that fact, but it's possible!

So, i would bring the most GOOD things from both Fo1&2 and FoT and compare them, then choose what fits new game:

• 1) Quest system: Fo-like, so we see all given quests on any maps and can choose, what to do first etc.;

2) Dialogue system: again, original system, maybe with talking heads, i know someone always cares about them...;

3) Reputation and karma: hm, i just want this to be! :) ;

4) Editor: FoT was better in that way. Through, i prefer already GOOD original game, so there's no need in add-ons :twisted:;

5) Multilevel locations: FoT-like, but it requires good implement of real-time lifts and moving platforms;

6) Postures: stand, crouch, prone. This must affect availablity of skills, ranged and melee behaviour, sneaking and such;

7) Better implement of sneak. If you are a good in this, why you should lose Sneak state when sniping someone? Fo was better in it. Ability to speak with peoples without others noticing (example: if you enter Vic's chamber before paying Metzger, you better be sneaking, else Slavetraders will attack as soon as they hear talkings);

8) Sound system. The most complex, maybe :? Well, didn't seen good implement of this before. Enemies, running to room, if inside someone bangs their allies with rocket launcher. And NOT running in, if you manage to kill someone with critical hit of Silenced weapon or Katana :twisted: . They also must run in, if there's no their allies supposed, but they hear someone walking in Power Armor :mrgreen:

9) Followers: hm, first of all - they should be seen by enemies (Cassidy, standing in front of several DeathClaws, while PC is hidden by rocks - quite weird situation, isn't it?). Next is question of control. Best is ability to choose between Fo-like (NPC's does on it own, and you only can "instruct" them to prefer some tactis) or FoT-like (NPC's can be controlled as much, as your main character). Anyway, there must be control of their stats (as in FoT), so you partially affect, which skill will master that man;

10) NPC's leveling system? Hm, FoT-like, but they should get only 30-50% XP, compared to main PC. Not stupid "1 level per 3 levels of PC"!;

11) Factions system. Entering guilds, bands, companies and governments. No, no stupid Brotherhood, and know why? Even if you are already mid-rank knight, you STILL CAN'T go everywhere, because there's subordination and orders. If you serve - you serve. "You're in the Army now....You in the Army... Now..." © You still can see them there and here, get some technologies from them (as reward for something), but not enter their service;

12) Good Ol' muties (if it's somewhere not far from Fo1&2 places), old ghouls (they aren't special mutations, just common fate for those overradiated). No Enclave, please :mrgreen: ;

13) Battle system: FoT-like definitely. Don't cry, good ol' fans - there's "turn-based" option by default, so why you just don't shut up and play it "turn-based", man? 8-) Anyway, there's always a way to make "real-time" harder, so you CAN'T use it always.

14) Miscellaneous weapon adjusts: Pistols ARE faster than SMG and Rifles in single firing. SMG faster than rifles, but have shorter range. Revolvers... Well, they're more powerful, but not as fast, as pistols. So Fo2 and FoT revolvers always confused me :evil:
    Heavy weapons like Light Support Weapon or M2 Brawning CAN shoot at extreme distances, but only when you fire from same place several times (as in real life, you need time and some shots to determine, where to aim). If you change posture or position - you lose that "bonus". Miniguns are indeed VERY cumbersome and innacurate weapon, so i suggest a minimum ST9 req for them. Sniper rifles ARE slower than average rifle, because you always want to do PRECISE hit, not just hurt his pants.

15) Moving system. I think there will be no hexes or whatever. So movement in battle affected my your agility: more agility - more distance to run for 1 AP. Close to FoT system and makes more sense with "+20% to moves" perk (it was different in Fo and FoT). Even in real-time, between battles, agile character WILL move faster.

16) Skills system. Skills must be described in points, not in percents. It will make more valuable perks "+x% to skills" which will work better for heavily invested (over 100 points) skills. Reduce Doctor's skill healing effect, thus it only treats broken limbs, make if affect effectivness of all weapons against living targets. Make living anatomy more crucial (requires 150% Doctor and gives some damage and crit. chance increase). Make Science and Repair affect Energy and Big Guns in some way.

17) Vehicles. Not bad for FoT and may be quite good for RPG-style with some restrictions - you better not move your car into enemy territory, unless you have good anti-hijack system (uhh, what?). So, you need to leave car in some well-known place (in city, where most people like you). And you must limit yourself in driving your Hummer or Highwayman in front of Big Bad Ass' house - he might kinda dislike such behaviour.
    Oh, implementing of MotorBike would be cool... But it's secondary in comparision to other things. Btw, you CAN'T travel with 8 party members, having only one Bike, imagine that... If you do - you move SLOWER on world map.

There's much more about my dreams, but they still dreams...
The last dream - is about graphic. I've seen Morrowind and Oblivion Graphics, and i say: it's bad for Fallout. I want something like isometric view, but there's no reason to make 2D game in these games. So we can use some RTS engine (from top view) with ability to change angle a little. A LITTLE, i say, WITHOUT zooming to FPS level, PLEASE! I remember Spellforce, and now i hate such things. Btw, all current RTS graphic suck for THIS situation. In Fallout setting, we prefer simple but adorable graphic, so we can make difference between armors on enemies.
The only engine that gives enough graphic details, without "WOW WHAT A COOL RENDERED WATER AND GREENY TREES! Fap-Fap-Fap", is one seen in Ground Control 2. I was really impressed by the fact, that my PC can't run Battle for Middle-Earth, but OK with Ground Control 2 and all in-game graphic looks sweet BUT simple!

Dreams, dreams... "Gimme a kiss to build a dream on..."

I'm pretty sure, such game would not hurt "true" Fallout fans :) Strange, that Obsidians don't want to make more... hm... canonical game in ol'good setting.

TwoEyedYum said:
I'm pretty sure, such game would not hurt "true" Fallout fans :) Strange, that Obsidians don't want to make more... hm... canonical game in ol'good setting.

are you sayin fallout 3 was not canon ? :|

and that Vegas will also not be canon?

Falloutsurvivor said:
TwoEyedYum said:

Do you seriously have to go around every thread, dead, dying or alive just to say "Fallout 3 was canon!!!111"? Give it up, many people don't want to call it canon so you can't go around trying to convert everyone's mind.

And yeah, you're really trying too hard.

Reconite said:
Falloutsurvivor said:
TwoEyedYum said:

Do you seriously have to go around every thread, dead, dying or alive just to say "Fallout 3 was canon!!!111"? Give it up, many people don't want to call it canon so you can't go around trying to convert everyone's mind.

And yeah, you're really trying too hard.

and do you need to troll every post i make ? :|

he call himself a *true* fallout fan.

the way he made his post seem like he think only no mutant allowed are fan.

get off your high heel.

we are fallout fan just as much as you or him.

i don't care if he like the game or not.

but he has no right to call himself a *true* fallout fan and saying we are not.

we are all fallout fan.

PRECISE QUOTE:
I'm pretty sure, such game would not hurt "true" Fallout fans :)
END OF QUOTE.
Do you ever know, why i used :) emoticon here? It's IRONY, imagine that! And don't even try to replace my words with your own. I also must admit, that you didn't even read my first post in that tread (oh, it's so loooong, i can't read so much, i need to post here, so Reconite will be very-very sorry!).

I repeat!

It means exactly what it means: there are fans, who call themselves "true", because they like only F1&2. I call them oldfags. And they don't like F3. Got it?

Want argue with ME about that? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Get it!
About canon. Don't mess NV and F3. The main thing about F3:

1) Master created supermutants on WEST coast. Military Base with FEV was there too.
2) 2nd Chosen One fought some of mutants on WEST coast too. It's ok, it's a remnant of great muty army.
3) Well, i don't even take in account a group of muties that tried to move past Mid-Western BoS and FAILED, BUT HOW THE FUCK appeared, that...
SUDDENLY!
4) THOUSANDS OF MUTANTS IN WASHINGTON. Not in West Coast city, also named Washington, but in former USA capitol! ON EAST COAST!
:clap: Good job, muties! Good job in the name of Bethesda! :clap:

But, i don't know what we'll see in final New Vegas. Time will show.

TwoEyedYum said:
I repeat!

It means exactly what it means: there are fans, who call themselves "true", because they like only F1&2. I call them oldfags. And they don't like F3. Got it?

Want argue with ME about that? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Get it!
About canon. Don't mess NV and F3. The main thing about F3:

1) Master created supermutants on WEST coast. Military Base with FEV was there too.
2) 2nd Chosen One fought some of mutants on WEST coast too. It's ok, it's a remnant of great muty army.
3) Well, i don't even take in account a group of muties that tried to move past Mid-Western BoS and FAILED, BUT HOW THE FUCK appeared, that...
SUDDENLY!
4) THOUSANDS OF MUTANTS IN WASHINGTON. Not in West Coast city, also named Washington, but in former USA capitol! ON EAST COAST!
:clap: Good job, muties! Good job in the name of Bethesda! :clap:

But, i don't know what we'll see in final New Vegas. Time will show.

thanks you for explaining your point :mrgreen:

BTW, i just realized, that i must be hated by both oldfags and F3-lovers :mrgreen: I like FoT. Well i like idea more, than a game itself. Canon in FT was left intact about muties, but local weaponry and "new BoS" looked weird. F3 just walked away from canon TOO.

The difference is, that in F3 i found NO new ideas, that would be implemented in original Fallout story. But FoT was exactly a box of such ideas. Quite tiny one...

But i also remember, that i like Morrowind. And hate Oblivion (played both). And there are Daggerfall fans, who hate Morrowind :mrgreen:

Oldfags?

This is not /b/.

OH, SHI....
No, it can't be! Do i have only "perpetual, non-exclusive, limited license to use" that word?

I don't care. *something*fag is much older, than any WWW entity, including that /b/ i've never seen. Do forum rules prohibite using "oldfag" word? I wonder...

On that point, let's stop offtop.

MMO thing will never be succesful, as wasn't any other MMORPG. By default, idea of RPG is "There is only One. Chosen One". In fallout it is, at least. And now i cannot imagine Fallout world, FULL OF CHOSEN ONES :mrgreen: Poor, poor Great Evil :roll:

"Hey, i'm Chosen One, i must kill Enclave!"
"No, I AM Chosen, so i will do it first!"
"What? Can i kill it too?"
"Yeah, but only several hours after me" :twisted:

There's no need in PURE Tactics game. FoT was just a set of useful ideas, that would be merged with main fallout concept, while australian guys replaced RPG with tactical game. It's not necessary to repeat such failure in future.

So i really hope Obsidians will make a good mix of Fallout 1&2&T without altering it to FPS at all.

sorry

I feel that the likelihood of any new fallout game not being at least optionally an FPS is just not going to happen, because [most unfortunately] the FPS crowd is much larger than the RPG crowd [and the IT Crowd, I imagine]

Sadly, for those that are fond of FO 1 and 2 there will likely never be another game like them unless Van Buren somehow miraculously gets finished and released and even then, who knows?

Back