Getting Ammunition in Fallout 1

Discussion in 'Fallout RPG Gameplay & Tech' started by ColdWinter, May 8, 2005.

1. ColdWinter

ColdWinter First time out of the vault

May 8, 2005
    Is there any place/NPC in F1 that has limitless supply of ammo for me to buy/take? I ask because I use the Gatling Laser, and as it's always in burst mode it wastes loads of ammo, and now I have noone to buy it from.

2. Silencer

Silencer Night Watchman Staff Member Admin

Nov 7, 2003
    Limitless I don't think so, but a lot of MFC's can be:

a) bought from the Gun Runners in the Boneyard
    b) stolen from the guards in the Lost Hills bunker
    c) scavenged from the depths of The Glow
    d) garnered of the bodies of fallen enemies in the Military Base.

And remember you can always switch to a Plasma Rifle at no effort to conserve ammunition.

3. ColdWinter

May 8, 2005
    Well, the gun runners are already... so to say... empty. The super mutants at the military base are also low on MFCs. And where exactly is the lost hills bunker?

4. Silencer

Nov 7, 2003
    I mean the Brotherhood of Steel, you can get 50 cells from every guard there.

And really, the Plasma rifle is good and you operate it with the Energy Weapons skill just like the Gatling.

5. Kahgan

Kahgan Sonny, I Watched the Vault Bein' Built!

Nov 25, 2003
    just waste the brotherhood of steel, lots of ammo for you...

6. Snake

Snake Vault Dweller

Jul 6, 2003
    Get an electric lockpick and open up their locked supply room when in combat. Tons of ammo and equipment in there.

7. Morpoggel

Morpoggel Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Feb 21, 2005
    I tried that but they kept attacking me... is there a way to prevent that from happening? I really wanna show of my uberlockpicking skills :P

8. ColdWinter

May 8, 2005
    Okay, that's all very nice. Is the supply room the one on 1st level next to Michael?

I'll try that. Thanks. :)

ps> If you need any help with web graphics, just write me a word to marcelwoj[at]hotmail[dot]com

9. ColdWinter

May 8, 2005
    Shall I repeat my question? Which one is the supply room? If that's the one near Michael, I get attacked whatever I do (including sneak boy, sneaking and combat mode). Help me!

10. Gus

Gus So Old I'm Losing Radiation Signs
    Orderite

Jun 16, 2003
    Yes, the supply room is the room next to Michael. Just keep trying.. If you're patient, and your character meets the sneak/lockpick requirements, you'll get in eventually.

11. Silencer

Nov 7, 2003
    Well, yeah, that's the idea. If you want to rob the BOS, you'll first have to break their backs. Maybe with a ridiculously high Sneak score + Stealth Boy you could sneak through, but I doubt it.

Also, you might want an Electronic Lockpick to open the door during combat.

There's no peaceful solution to this, I fear.

Also, please don't repost your questions in the future. :)

12. Roshambo

Roshambo Antediluvian as Feck

Apr 3, 2003
    It was okay. :) It gave a bit more info about what they were trying to do.

13. ColdWinter

May 8, 2005
    Besides, I wanted to get it back up the list, because you didn't fully answer my question. Hope you're able to forgive me for such a thing. :lol:

14. Per

Per Vault Consort Staff Member Admin

Apr 1, 2004
    In this case you should have been able to do the math yourself, though. Let's see, there's a single room in the Brotherhood you're not allowed inside (excepting Rhombus' bedroom), which is full of crates and guards, and just outside is the supply manager. Gee, could that be it I wonder? :wink:

15. Morpoggel

Morpoggel Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Feb 21, 2005
    Hmm, now that you put it like that... that sounds a lot like the bathroom to me...

16. PhoenixRising

PhoenixRising First time out of the vault

Jun 9, 2005
    You'll have to rely on Random Encounters (traders selling it, Super Mutants to kill, etc.) once you milk the MFCs from other sources.

Try to only use your weapon when you really need to, or use it in a non-burst fire mode. You should only use burst when shit's lookin' bad anyway.