HAM radios

victor

Antediluvian as Feck
Orderite
Maybe this has been answered before, but what are the HAM radios found throughout the world for? You can activate them, but all you get is static. Please, no spoilers if possible.

This is what I found from a google search.

The radio towers broadcast the signal from a nearby ham radio. You can use the sound to find a hidden area when you activate the radio tower. Walk in the direction where the signal gets stronger. If you find the signal getting weaker (the morse code gets quieter and there's more static noise) as you move away from the the tower, you're going in the wrong direction. For example, I just found the Papa November one - I went a short distance from the tower to where the signal was stronger, and found a sewer entrance to a drainage chamber. Inside I found a skeleton, some supplies, some components for making weapons from schematics, and a ham radio transmitting the Papa November signal - when I turned off the radio the signal was removed from my station list.

http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/rpg/fallout3/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-46451095&pid=939933

I'm on a quest to activate every ham radio I come across, maybe if I turn them all on something speshial will happen.

if you look at the needle showing the frequency when its off its all the way over on the left, when you activate it, the needle swings over to the right for a second or two, then goes back to the left but not all the way to left edge, so im guessing itss still on.

Back