Help with Arefu NPC aggro bug pls.

deadsanta

First time out of the vault
So, when I solved Arefu's problem I was told that if I check back periodically the "Sheriff" of that town might have some gear for me. I go back and the Talon Mercs have one of their tiresome ambushes waiting for me. Baddies die, naturally, but then they kill a friendly and suddenly the whole town is accusing me of murder. Also, the vamps won't trade with me anymore, also citing this "murder".

So I reload, and this time, I make sure not a single civvie dies. Doesn't matter, I get aggro at the end of the battle, and even though I try running away, one of the vamp guards kills the civvie, and again, I get blamed.

Basically, I have to keep away from Arefu or take a rep hit and lose an ammo vendor, so no choice at all.

Anything I can do to fix this, or make the Talon Mercs spawn somewhere else? Or stop the contract attacks?

I should mention I'm travelling with Dogmeat, but he doesn't fight at all in these, it's all long range.

attacks from either talon or regulators stopped the moment I killed everyone in their headquarters. (don't remember names of the locations)

Tyler said:
attacks from either talon or regulators stopped the moment I killed everyone in their headquarters. (don't remember names of the locations)

Just to ask a quick question: Does the Talon have more than one headquarters? It seems they might or might not, depending on how I parse your answer. Is the Talon headquarters in Fort Bannister west of Megaton by any chance? Like an underground bunker?

Anyway, thanks for the help, now I have a chance of getting back to Arefu to collect what is no doubt a single stim or nuka cola as my reward, wheee!

Back