Hope fallout 4 would be NV+fallout3

maxpain

First time out of the vault
I like fallout 3's atmosphere... it's perfectly post apocalyptic mess. I like the empty loneliness of Washington DC and endless rocks and gloomy music.
But the story line was too short and linear....

I like NV's system and factions, weapons, but i'm not so much into that cowboy mojave theme..

1. i don't like brown tone.
2. I don't like cowboys
3. I don't like endless sandy desert.
4. I don't like country rock.

anyway... I hope fallout 4 would have apocalyptic atmosphere like fallout 3, but would have better system or quests like NV.

I was disappointed at that fallout 3 was too square.
While Obsidian was hilarious. I like their twisted sense of humor.

Fallout 4 is being developed by Bethesda I've heard...
I don't know...is it really Boston this time? When would they release teaser?

Can't wait.

Country rock? I don't think that was in New Vegas... :p

But yeah it would be nice to see elements of both put together when making fallout 4. I enjoyed Fallout 3's ending better, I also liked the environment. Both games had good characters, but New Vegas had better companions, better variety and function of weapons, more choices, and many factions. So to see all of my favorite aspects of these games combined in Fallout 4 would be a wet dream come true

But that's how Fallout looks. : )
Not some ruins overpopulated with monsters.

Why do you think in all Core Region there were only a few locations with some sort of inhabitants?

WastelandPicture.jpg

For me, Fallout 4 should have world map.
Otherwise, it wouldn't make sense... even Obisidan had to make some explanation like all arena not hit by nukes, but well, it can't be repeated. Propably we will got another nonsense game like FO3.

The sandy desert is Fallout you can't expect a metropolis 50 years after being nuked. Most of the quotes in Fallout NV were taken from Fallout 1,2. Neither of those games have had country rock.

Future Fallout games should definitely take inspiration from the original and second game, nuff said despite that I've enjoyed both FO3 and FONV.

It made sense that Fallout 1 felt more empty considering it was so soon after the apocalypse, but at this point it would make sense to see more people, settlements, factions, ect. This is shown in F3 and NV...I guess it comes down to where you want to see the next fallout game take place, east or west when talking about all around setting.

What?
but at this point it would make sense to see more people, settlements, factions, ect. This is shown in F3

Why people would prefer living in arena full of radiation, super mutants, bandits, mutated monster without any pure water instead some other place 100-200 km further?

Actually in F3 there are only 2 towns, and any of them have some logic to be there... (like all human presence in capital wasteland)

Because for the most part, these places are fortified. The vast majority lives a safe distance from the shit that goes down in the actual city part of D.C. Obviously there are acceptions like big town which gets attacked regularly by super mutants...But honestly I liked that quest.

So Megaton is safe?
Having nuclear weapon in the middle of a town...
Just outside walls having raiders, who attacked city quite recently...

Interesting.
Same for Rivet City, which is all time under super mutants siege...
Even not mentioning monsters in some low levels of ship...

For the most part is what I said. I mean, you live in a lawless post apocalyptic world and some bad shit will happen (in most cases) regardless of location. There are obviously places in new vegas that aren't safe or get attacked, but people still live in those places. All I am saying is that it makes sense that there is a feeling of rebuilding of civilization when we get to fallout 3 and NV.

Ehh, you don't get my point at all.
Any place is better that Capital Wasteland, which is only place at East Coast with super mutant army...
Everyone would prever other dangerous place, even if with raiders, they're still better than dumb-dumb super mutants...

Just some basic of FO3 plot holes.

Ohh. Okay, I understand now..Yeah I didn't mind that it was in D.C., but the fact that there were super mutants in the game was pretty lame. It was cool in Fallout, but doesn't make much sense at all for them to be in the third. How would you personally feel about Boston, with the base of the game being about androids? (if the rumors are true)

Languorous_Maiar said:

But that's how Fallout looks. : )
Not some ruins overpopulated with monsters.

Why do you think in all Core Region there were only a few locations with some sort of inhabitants?

WastelandPicture.jpg

For me, Fallout 4 should have world map.
Otherwise, it wouldn't make sense... even Obisidan had to make some explanation like all arena not hit by nukes, but well, it can't be repeated. Propably we will got another nonsense game like FO3.

Exactly! Black Isle team always 'encourage' player characters that he/she IS the MOST INFLUENTIAL person in game, the INFLUENCE that will decide the fate of a given ENTIRE wasteland.

Fallout 4 Needs a totally new engine! the Wasteland politics should be more intense that some elements from Heroes of Might and Magic series should be implemented. strategic decisions in each 'combat encounters'. in a limited frame in each ramdom encounters. sigh this will 'Japonize' the Fallout franchise but the overuse of Elder Scrolls 3D engines (to the point that even Deathclaws seen in Beths Fallout games were actually imported from Elder Scrolls!) is a big wrong to me!

Exactly the 'Wasteland Wars' portion of Fallout series should includes the faction 'Zone of Controls' features, ones that similar to GTA: San Andreas and Godfather II (The Game, where characters also needs to wrest control of any given cities in the 'world' by attacking a 'hood' controlled by rivals (and defending your very own ones against the encroachments) , with police factors entirely removed) This will make FO gamings more intense.

Donno if a proposal to add 'Hot Coffee Easter Egg' into the game a nice one or will it turn the Fallout franchise even more controversial.

L.

I actually like the increased floral variation in New Vegas. It's been over two hundred years now, I would like to see double that in F4.

Still, knowing Bethesda it'll take place 400 years after the war and look like it's taking place 1 year after the war. Also there'll be a toddler's moral lesson disguised as a story.

Androids are people too you guys!

But to get back on topic, New Vegas level of civilization in a much larger area is the best way to go in my opinion.

Why some people likes fo3's atmosphere?
I replay fo3(as a mode of NV though) without any bad emotion, explore some hour, and I came back to mojave and refreshed after came back to mojave, I remove fo3 data and mod that connect 3 and NV.
Damm fo3's atmosphere is just too boring.

woo1108 said:
I replay fo3(as a mode of NV though) without any bad emotion, explore some hour, and I came back to mojave and refreshed after came back to mojave, I remove fo3 data and mod that connect 3 and NV.

Fallout 3's atmosphere can be explained in one word: green.
The art style is good, Bethesda has good concept artists, but that alone is not enough to keep my interest afloat nor is it enough for you and most others here.

Fallout 3 has only a few good points, those being the music, art style and The Pitt.

Personaly for me, the best fallout setting would be Fallout 1 + New Vegas.

Akratus said:
woo1108 said:

Fallout 3's atmosphere can be explained in one word: green.
The art style is good, Bethesda has good concept artists, but that alone is not enough to keep my interest afloat nor is it enough for you and most others here.

Fallout 3 has only a few good points, those being the music, art style and The Pitt.

Personaly for me, the best fallout setting would be Fallout 1 + New Vegas.
Problem is that design and music isn't connected well with game play. for design, just looking good but nothing to enjoy about that.
for music, yeah music is good but I don't think it fit well with game's atmosphere(some peope says fit well ironically though) and without radio, music isn't good.

Akratus said:
I actually like the increased floral variation in New Vegas. It's been over two hundred years now, I would like to see double that in F4.
Mojave have a lot of vegetation because of one fact, less nukes in arena.
I mean, only other places with some abundance of wildlife are Core Region (but we have there 2 games already) and Florida, dominated by some weird geck.

Even Fo1 / 2 has vegetation (where it makes sense) and I wouldn't say it is less than in FNV.

In Fo1 you see cacti and grass- it's still set in the desert, after all. In Fo2 you have forest areas in the north and in the mountains, trees everywhere, more grass, etc. Sure the trees don't really look healthy, but they do exist and they do carry foliage.

So yeah... Time isn't the only argument for plants in FNV and it's not like Fo1/2 was all sand and ruins. Pretty sure we would have seen different terrain graphics in the game as well, if it wouldn't have been such a big technical obstacle.

Back