How do you start off a new character?

Prozel

First time out of the vault
(Almost) Every time I start a new game, I do the same route again, again, again.

So, therefore I'd thought I could be to show off, how I start off.

I mostly head off to Eddie to start "I Fought The Law", after that I head off to Primm to either ally with NCR or just confirm they're comming. Before that the Beagle is saved. When previous quest is done I head of to the Gas Station the lies between the Outpost and Primm, cross the dessert to reach Nipton, talk to Vulpes, travel back to the station, go to the outpost. Talk to Ghost and some dude to complete two the quests that relates to Nipton. The NCR should now be willing to send off an extra patrol to Primm, completing that quest too.

Next stop is Novac. I always complete "One for my baby". "Come fly with me" however, depends on whether I feel like completing it. Off to Boulder City. Save both tribes, and I'm done here. In Freeside start off with the Atomic Wrangler and Followers quests, Van Graffs comes next, then Crimson Caravan and at last the McCarran quests.

After that I pretty do what I feel like :D

How do you kick off a new game?

I generally skip the tutorial quest, do "Ghost Town Gunfight" or the other one, head down to Primm, either get NCR rule or get the dude from NCRF. Then I usually head to Novac and get Boone or I head to the 188 Trading Post and get Veronica. Then I head for the Gun Runners, sell off the stuff that I don't need, and after that, time for Vegas.

I check what build I would like and do I want Cannibal or Terrifying Presence just for fun.
After that's settled I dash to New Vegas and gamble. There is a way near Neals Shack and Black Mountain, just climb and sneak past Deathclaws. Then I buy all the implants. After that I play the game xD

It really depends on what kind of character I'm building... If I did the same thing every time, I'd lose a lot of the variety the game offers.

I suppose the only thing i do the same each play though is get a sheriff for Primm, from there I drift around the wasteland.

Considering being a fast-paced person, I normally complete Back In The Saddle, (Which can be ignored, I believe.) then I'd probably complete Run Goodsprings Run/ Ghost Town Gunfight before heading off to the Great Khans.

When I've completed all of the available quests for the GK's, I run up the route of Tribal Village before killing Violet, Cook-Cook and Driver Nephi and claiming their bounties at Camp McCarran.

The rest is completely down to the faction I choose.

Usually, I tend to laid back and walking around in the wilderness in between missions. Depending on my character, I'll try the other side of the mission. Example; the Ghost Town Gunfight. If I choose to play as an NCR, House or Independent, I'll go to Ringo. But if I'm following Caesar's, I'll stick with Cobb. That way I can weight which is better consequences. Same can be said with Outpost's quest, Novac's and Boulder City's.

The only thing I always static was I Fought the Law. Never help NCR, cause I dislike intensely Primm's NCR. Others are fine, but Hayes and his grunt irked me.

The tutoral quests are good for experience and a rifle. Stay on the Powder Gangers good (or at least neutral) side until you can get Meyers out of the prison and install him as sheriff in Primm (The NCR may be "good" guys, but they're still pricks). Then screw the Gangers. Raise your lockpick skill with bonuses up to 75 any way you can to get the "Lucky" revolver ASAfreakinP. With handload ammo, that pistol kicks ass.

Then you can use that to go back and shoot Doc Mitchell in the face for going through your stuff. :twisted:

The only thing I do every time is first going into a skill book hunting, only then I start to properlly make quests.

And those Fire Geckos by Lucky Jim Mine are a pain to kill in level 6.
Argh!

usually do one of the DLC before most anything: Dead Money for WEAPON REPAIR KITS, HH for decent guns and armor, OWB for Superheated Saturnite fist.

I tend to do things methodically, clearing an entire area as best I can (skipping the stuff that seems to be kicking my ass) before moving on. I didn't get to Vegas on my main playthrough until I was already around level 20 or so.

My way of doing things is to grab every scrap metal, electronics, and sensor module I can carry, and head to Primm to get ED-E. Then I save the deputy, take a detour to the Mojave Outpost, and get the quest from Cass so I can bw able to recruit her when I get to the Crimson Caravan. Then I head to Nipton. I have a little tradition of killing both Powder Gangers that win the lottery. Head to Novac, get supplies, and head to Crimson Caravan to do Heartaches by the number and recruit Cass. I go to the Strip to have the Lucky 38 to dump Cass and ED-E in. I then do all the DLCs I have at the time.

Back