HumbleBundle, Dynamite comics.

imma say nah. every dynamite comic ive picked up, and i mean literally all of them, has had a great cover and horrible interior art. and all they really have that interests me ip wise is army of darkness (which is just infinite AU stories near as i can tell with no proper ongoing) and red sonja and theyre gay for keeping her out of conan comics.

Good art can make pathetic writing palatable, but poor art will render the best of tales intollerable.

I think that I have a lot of these already; from Humble. I have many of the original G1 Vampirella books in 1st editions. That's actually what came to mind, the Vampirella #1 Frazetta cover painting is the reason to have the book—the stories and interior artwork are terrible. :yuck:

I think that I have a lot of these already; from Humble. I have most of the original G1 Vampirella books in 1st editions. That's actually what came to mind, the Vampirella #1 cover painting is the reason to have the book—the stories and interior artwork are terrible. :yuck:
G1?
I'm reading Vampirella right now, Masters (chronologically), skipped out on Archives cause it had too much filler stories.
Took me a while to get into but I'm getting into it a bit more now. The art is pretty wonky however.

The first ones, from the 70's; #1 is from '69, I believe.
Yeah, I tried giving those a try. It's interesting as a curiosity to read horror stories from so long ago and see what they are like but that curiosity isn't really enough for me to put up with the narrative style, fast pacing and dated art.

Dated art? Do you mean hand drawn? (or hand colored—or low quality [cheap] for pulp?)
*or panel style?

There are artist from that era who have not been surpassed. :smug:

Dated art? Do you mean hand drawn? (or hand colored—or low quality [cheap] for pulp?)
*or panel style?

There are artist from that era who have not been surpassed. :smug:
afgs.png

Back