Fallout 2 mod Idea/Request for a QoL party management screen

stefen

First time out of the vault
Hi!

I have this idea of a new UI screen, where we can press a hotkey and it'll display info on all companions in our team, along with their armor, weapon, number of stimpaks... in neat rows & columns. We can drag drop and/or press + | - buttons to take or give them stuff.

IMO it's a huge QoL improvement in a lot of situations. For example, when you get a new armor and want to upgrade the whole retinue's chain of armors without having to undress each one, go to barter, and then combat control 5 times in a row... The interface allows quick check of ammo, health items, etc. without having to call & wait for the damn slow NPC to show up before being able to click on their face & a few times more just to have a look.

Does this interest anyone? I have no coding exp, but I'll try to draw the idea & discuss & collab to the best of my ability. Thx!

Last edited:
your best bet is to bug NovaRain or Phobos2077 about it, and if not there's always Mr.Stalin in gitflic.. however you need to use google translator to write/read in russian.. his Sfall Extended and inventory managment mod mostly do what you want to achive..
You can swich characters while bartering or accessing a shelf or locker, and character sheets could be viewed in sfall extended while hero appearance is enabled, and just toggle the arrows under the dude in player character's screen...

the second part is only viable if u use sfall5 by Mr.Stalin, however sooner or later those might actually hit vanilla sfall branch..

Thank you for the leads. Is NovaRain involved in RPU? If that's the case, s/he might have known my idea already. I've sent a msg to phobos2077 & hope for the best. And do you happen to know if Mr.Stalin has an acc here?

Mr.Stalin probably still has an account here, though i wouldn't count on him coming back after what happened.. I don't want to go into details of the story agin.. but your best bet on reaching Mr.Stalin is writing in sfall5's project page on gitflic.. ( carefull site's interface is in russian, and Mr.Stalin himself uses a translator if you write in english ).

Back