If we do get a mod tool kit...

Discussion in 'Fallout 3 and New Vegas Modding' started by KillerBee256, Nov 2, 2008.

1. KillerBee256

KillerBee256 Still Mildly Glowing

Oct 31, 2008
    If the tools are going to be more or less the same as the ones for oblivion, will it be possible to add more weapons? basically what I'm thinking is it would be cool have the weapons that were in fallout 1/2, I really don't like the new energy weapons, also I would love to have a tommy gun again! I would also like to see some clothes that look like the ones the various stock characters wore in those to games. Unfortunately I can't model myself I couldn't do that myself.

2. Millenia

Millenia First time out of the vault

Sep 30, 2006
    Yeah I'm 100% sure we can add new weapons with ease once we get some tools

3. Timeslip

Timeslip Water Chip? Been There, Done That
    Modder

Aug 15, 2007
    You can add new weapons now. Not exactly 'with ease', but ThrottleKitty has already released a new weapon mod using nifskope to build the nif and tessnip to build the esp. (Download link)

4. Prosper

Prosper Where'd That 6th Toe Come From?

Aug 25, 2007
    i really am looking forward to seeing an easy way to do modeling for this game.

5. Bal-Sagoth

Bal-Sagoth Water Chip? Been There, Done That

Nov 1, 2008
    A weapons mod is much needed, the plasma rifle is quite possible the ugliest thing I have seen in a video game in quite some time. I find myself using the Ak more than anything else based on look factor alone.

My Edward Norton look like looks like a bad ass with his Ak,Combat Armor and skull cap head bandanna thingie :lol:

6. TheFlyingBuddha

TheFlyingBuddha It Wandered In From the Wastes

Oct 29, 2008
    Oh holy crap, there's a FO3NEXUS already? Amazing, TESNEXUS is probably one of the best Oblivion mod sites out there.

7. Millenia

Sep 30, 2006
    Anybody know why I'm getting a massive red exclamation mark where my model replacement should be? :?
    Ie. how to fix, etc

E:/ Nvm, I had false paths but now I'm getting crashes when I choose the gun, anybody know what might be causing that?

8. TheFlyingBuddha

TheFlyingBuddha It Wandered In From the Wastes

Oct 29, 2008
    It's probably not properly invalidating the old texture/mesh. I think you have to edit the INI setting which is something like bInvalidateOlderFiles if you haven't.

9. Millenia

Sep 30, 2006
    It should work if my shotgun texture works fine ingame :/

I think it's a problem with the nif itself and not the way I put it in the game