Infinite XP bug...UGH

marstonkyale

First time out of the vault
Well I found a Major bug that should be fixed, but can only be purposefully exploited.

[spoiler:9a65acfec8] Fastest way to do this is: Quicksave point blank at a person (say rivet city guard (+50xp per)) One shot them with a wep, try a combat shot gun to the face, and quickload as they die but BEFORE the xp is awarded. Once loaded you'll be rewarded with the xp, the NPC is alive and no one is upset. I have yet to notice if your karma takes a hit though. Doubly on this if you load fast enough you can get multiple xp rewards for 1 "save." Either way though you can get an infinite amount of xp for no loss of ammo or cnd on your gun etc. [/spoiler:9a65acfec8]

While I do believe this isn't "game breaking" it is a major flaw in the gamebryo engine that needs to be fixed.

On a side note anyone with TES:4 care to test this out and see if it works there as well?

yeah there are a bunch of problems like this, e.g. if you quickload during an explosion sometimes objects will go flying after the reload as if the explosion had still happened

Ugh then it has to be something with the way the engine handles a quick load, reducing what it actually loads by keeping somethings current, which in cases like these cause errors/bugs.

oihrebwe said:
yeah there are a bunch of problems like this, e.g. if you quickload during an explosion sometimes objects will go flying after the reload as if the explosion had still happened

Yes, and if you quickload the instant after crippling a limb your character will display the crippled animation but move at regular speed, which looks funny to say the least.

Back