Invisible-Game-Mechanics Related Glitches/ Overloads

dingohunternigel

First time out of the vault
I know everyone's been talking about the inability to really judge things like combat rolls and whatnot, but here's something new:

Not five minutes ago, my roommate was playing FO3 on his 360, when within a four minute period, the Mysterious Stranger appeared six times in VATS.

Now, talk of how it ruins the dynamics aside, I can't imagine this isn't pointing to some kind of overloaded stats in the mechanics that are otherwise invisible to us.

In fact, it's continuing to happen as I'm writing this.

His SPECIAL aren't anything special. He's only got a 7 in luck, and otherwise, a completely regular character.

It only began happening five minutes ago, so I can only assume that some unique combination of stats has triggered this.

Anyone else encounter this, or have any thoughts as to why it might be happening?

PS: the only thing he's got that I'd never seen done before is wearing 3 hats at once which all add Perception +1. ( idiotic, I know, but apparently the stealth suit adds a glitch which makes this possible.)

PPS: I'm not necessarily as interested in discussing the mechanics themselves (since they're still invisible to us), as much as if people have encountered other glitches of this nature, and what they are.

I was using a mod which added a Paralysis Gun, it has 1 damage because you don't want to kill your target. But i aimed for the head on vats, and it ripped a guy's head off with a critical. Now, does criticals mean DAM X 999?

Back